Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    American Chopper (Racing Champions)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Chopper (Racing Champions)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted
Box # 1:

Two base sets of 50 cards
1 autograph (1 in 190) Paul Jr.
19 spare singles

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xSaBx,

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Very nice auto pull man.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice! Any chance of a scan? How many packs in a box?

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon@webjon.com (spydrman):
How many packs in a box?

Click Here for the Box Compositions...

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Joe McKinney
posted Hide Post
I bought two of the 8 pack mini-boxes at Wally World.

I got the diecast Black Widow Bike and Fire Bike. The boxes say which bike is inside, so you know what you are getting before you open the box.

The two boxes yielded one complete set, 29 doubles, and one triple. And, (huge surprise) no auto or t-shirt cards.

The cards look great, and collation is good. How often do you pull a complete set from 16 five card packs?

My only complaint is the price. The mini boxes are $19.99 apiece, which means I paid $40.00 for a 50 card base set. I did get the two diecast bikes, but these are just chrome versions of models which regularly sell for around $6.00 each.

This is great set, but much too expensive (at least for the mini-boxes).

Posts: 976 | Location: Clayton, Alabama, U.S.A | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Andy
posted Hide Post
There was a promo for this set, it was inserted in in boxes "Wheels" racing cards.
Andy

Posts: 159 | Location: Hendersonville, NC | Registered: September 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Batman - can you post a scan of the auto? I would love to see it.

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I can e-mail it to someone if they will post it on the board. I don't know how to do that yet!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
email it to me at himitsu@comcast.net

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
(forgot to add) and I'll post it tonight when I get home

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Joe McKinney
posted Hide Post
Andy,

Thanks for the heads-up on the O.C.C. promo card. I hadn't heard of this before your post yesterday. This morning I won an auction for one of these promos on that giant auction site everyone knows about. I got it for $1.00, which makes the card even nicer.

Joe

Posts: 976 | Location: Clayton, Alabama, U.S.A | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of BigD
posted Hide Post
Opened my box today and here's what I pulled:

1 Base Set, Second missing one card
some duplicates and the best part:

1 Cool Threads(1 in 120 packs): Mikey (0388/1295) Big Grin
and

1 Autograph(1 in 190 Packs): Vinnie Thumb Up

For what I paid for the box I was very pleased with the results, was hoping for a Paul Sr. Auto, but happy that I got any.

Only problem I had was that two of my base cards were damaged so that's why I might have been 1 card short of a second set. Now if only my Star Wars boxes are that good.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BigD,

Posts: 783 | Location: Idaho | Registered: June 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Here's the scan of Batman's auto of Paul Jr.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
I didn't buy an entire box, but I thought I'd share anyway. I picked up the last 16 packs my local 7-11 had (only place I've seen these cards in my area).

These packs yielded 1 base set & 28 extra base cards plus a surprise.

I had opened 15 packs and only gotten base cards and figured I was going to get skunked. Then I opened pack 16 and found:

CT3 Vinnie Show Worn Shirt (0871/1425) Smile

Then I looked at the card under the Vinnie Shirt card and found:

CT1 Paul Sr. Show Worn Shirt (475/970) Eek

I was shocked! And glad I got a hankerin' for a Slurpee on the way back from taking back my DVD rentals. Wink

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of patonyfan
posted Hide Post
Picked up one of the retail boxes today.

41 of 50 base cards (1 pack had 6 instead of 5)
0 Autos
0 Shirts
1 Fire Bike

overall really nice cards. Figured the shirts and autos were a long shot. Will be picking up a couple more retail boxes when i find them to get the Jet and Black Widow bikes

Mike

Posts: 907 | Location: Bloomsburg, PA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
My local Wal Mart has afew of the boxes with the toy bike in them. I would get a hobby box if I would buying a box.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of patonyfan
posted Hide Post
I would prefer a hobby box as well, just grabbed this on for something to open. But now that i have 1 of the 3 bikes might as well get the other 2.

Mike

Posts: 907 | Location: Bloomsburg, PA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of patonyfan
posted Hide Post
busted another retail box to get the black widow bike, now just need the jet bike.

from 2 retail boxes + 3 packs i have
1 complete base
34 doubles
12 triples
0 autos or shirts

mike

posted Hide Post
I haven't seen these in my Walmart. . . what section are they selling them in? Most of the cards in my Walmart are in the toy section, but they sometimes spread them around for some reason.

Thanks.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of patonyfan
posted Hide Post
my local wal mart has them up by the front check out registers

Mike