Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Charmed: Connections (Inkworks)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charmed: Connections (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted
CHARMED: CONNECTIONS

RELEASE: MAY 26, 2004

Configuration:
6 cards plus 1 parallel card per pack
24 packs per box
12 boxes per case

Parallel Set: 72-card set parallel to the base set.
Numbering is different from the base set. Inserted approximately 1:1 pack.

Case Loader Card: A special foil die cut Case Loader (one per case) - "P3"

Box Loader Cards: Three foil Box Loaders (one per display box) - "Family Ties" featuring Piper, Leo, and baby Wyatt

Under Their Spell: Nine-card foil puzzle featuring the Charmed Ones and the men who are under their spell. (Nine different cards inserted approximately 1:11 packs).

Vanquishing Evil: Six foil and embossed cards. (Six different cards inserted approximately 1:14 packs). [ NOTE: The odds are less than the normal 1:16 for this type 6 card insert subset ]

Pieceworks Cards: One per box. Nine different cards: Three dual-costume cards include Phoebe & Paige, Paige & Piper, and Phoebe. Six Single costume cards include: Phoebe, Paige, Piper, Cole, Leo & Chris. (Nine different cards inserted approximately 1:24 packs).

DUAL COSTUME CARD:
- PHOEBE AND PAIGE - Costumes worn by Alyssa Milano as Phoebe and Rose McGowan as Paige in the Season 6 episode "Chris-Crossed."
- PAIGE & PIPER - Costumes worn by Holly Marie Combs as Piper and Rose McGowan as Paige in the Season 6 episode "My Three Witches."
- PHOEBE - Costume pieces worn by Alyssa Milano as Phoebe in the Season 5 episode "Y Tu Mummy Tambien."

SINGLE COSTUME CARD:
- LEO - Shirt worn by Brian Krause as Leo in the Season 6 episode "My Three Witches."
- CHRIS - Shirt worn by Drew Fuller as Chris in the Season 6 episode "Power of Three Blondes."
- COLE - Shirt and tie worn by Julian McMahon as Cole in the Season 5 episode "The Importance of Being Phoebe." [NOTE: The tie PW card will be more rare than the Shirt PW card]
- PHOEBE - Dress worn by Alyssa Milano as Phoebe in the Season 5 episode "Oh My Goddess."
- PIPER - Skirt worn by Holly Marie Combs as Piper in the Season 6 episode "Valhalley of the Dolls."
- PAIGE - Top worn by Rose McGowan as Paige in the Season 6 episode "Love’s a Witch."

Box 1
-----
BL3: Baby Wyatt
Under Their Spell: SP8, SP9
Vanquishing Evil: VE1, VE2
PieceWorks: (SINGLE) PWR1 - REDEMPTION CARD for Skirt worn by Holly Marie Combs as Piper in the Season 6 episode "Valhalley of the Dolls."

Box 2
-----
BL2: Piper
Under Their Spell: SP4, SP5
Vanquishing Evil: VE4
PieceWorks: (SINGLE) PWC5 - Shirt worn by Drew Fuller as Chris in the Season 6 episode "Power of Three Blondes."

Box 3
-----
BL1: Leo
Under Their Spell: SP1, SP9
Vanquishing Evil: VE1
PieceWorks: (DUAL) PWC1 - Costumes worn by Alyssa Milano as Phoebe and Rose McGowan as Paige in the Season 6 episode "Chris-Crossed."

Box 4
-----
BL2: Piper
Under Their Spell: SP8 (Missing one)
Vanquishing Evil: VE6
PieceWorks: (SINGLE) PWC7 - Dress worn by Alyssa Milano as Phoebe in the Season 5 episode "Oh My Goddess."

Box 5
-----
Under Their Spell: SP4, SP5
Vanquishing Evil: VE3, VE4
PieceWorks: (SINGLE) PWC9 - Top worn by Rose McGowan as Paige in the Season 6 episode "Love’s a Witch."

Box 6
-----
Under Their Spell: SP7 (Missing One)
Vanquishing Evil: VE4, VE5
PieceWorks: (SINGLE) PWC6 - Shirt worn by Julian McMahon as Cole in the Season 5 episode "The Importance of Being Phoebe."

Box 7
-----
Under Their Spell: SP3
Vanquishing Evil: VE2, VE3
PieceWorks: (SINGLE) PWC6 - Shirt worn by Julian McMahon as Cole in the Season 5 episode "The Importance of Being Phoebe."

Parallel set cards were numbered CC and the card #. They were the last card of the pack. 1st 6 were the base set cards. Inserts replaced the 6th card in the pack and PW cards replaced the 5th/6th cards in the pack.

1 of 3 Dual PW cards
5 of 6 Single PW cards [with an extra PWC6 (Cole's Shirt) - Just need Leo's PW card]

Also really odd was that in my 7th and last box in the last pack (Right side; Bottom Pack), my 3rd card in the pack did not have a regular card but had a silver foil card with a blank back. It looks like one of the blanks for the Box Loader cards. Either that or it's an "UNANNOUNCED SURPRISE REDEMPTION CARD" for a Master Set of "Charmed: Connections" Big Grin Wink (Or at least a complete set of promo or insert cards. HeHe)

Also since I saw and photographed all 9 PieceWorks cards at the Wizard World East, I'm guessing that the reason the Holly Marie Combs (Piper) Single PW (Skirt) card has a redemption is that it's slightly (or much) thicker than it's other pack-inserted counterparts which are 2 regular cards thick. The skirt is a leather (or leather-like) material. Didn't really notice the thickness at the WWE show.

This (pack inserted)/(redemption card) is like what happened with the ALIAS and Tomb Raider: COL sets where some PW cards were inserted and some were redemptions, due to costume thickness.

[ NOTE: Edit added the last 2 paragraphs. ]

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xSaBx,

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
hi there minime,

can you post a few pictures, or can you e-mail me them to mw at:
herman19german@hotmail.com
What do the cards look like. can you describe them?
Kind Regards
Chris

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
Hi Chris:

I had taken photos of the binder and cards (promos, "Under their spell" 9-card puzzle set, "Vanquishing Evil" 6 card embossed set, Dual and Single Pieceworks cards, Box toppers, case topper) and poster at the Wizard World East this past weekend. However the server I uploaded them was taken out of service for upgrades (just as I finished uploading all the images). It'll be unavailable to me for a few more days. I'll link the images in the "Wizard World East (Philadelphia) Photos" topic thread in the "Shows & Convention" section in the next few days (hopefully) when the photo server becomes available again. Sorry for any inconvenience. AS for e-mailing them to you, let's just say the images take up quite a bit of space and would overflow your mailbox and take me a while to attach/send each one. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Got my 3 boxes today and am VERY pleased.
There are no bad cards in this set, everything looks great (I had no idea the box loaders were holographic foil, nice touch.)

BOX 1

Box Loader- BL1 (Leo)
Under Their Spell- SP1, SP2
Vanquishing Evil- VE4, VE5
Parallel cards - 24
Pieceworks- PWC1 (Paige/Phoebe) Big Grin

Box 2

Box Loader- BL2 (Piper)
Under Their Spell- SP3, SP4
Vanquishing Evil- VE1
Parallel cards - 24
Pieceworks- PWC5 (Chris's shirt) Razz

Box 3

Box Loader- BL3 (Wyatt)
Under Their Spell- SP7, SP8
Vanquishing Evil- VE2, VE3
Parallel cards - 24
Pieceworks- PWC9 (Paige) Luv You AND another PWC9. They were in consecutive packs nearing the end of the box. Elephant

Final Tally for 3 boxes:

4 complete base sets, 1 card short of a 5th
1 complete box loader set
6 of 9 Under Their Spell puzzle cards, 0 Duplicates
5 of 6 Vanquishing Evil cards, 0 duplicates
63 of 72 parallel cards with 9 duplicates
3 of 9 Pieceworks and 1 Duplicate Big Grin

A very nice breakdown, no duplicates on any of the inserts except for the pieceworks and closer to a complete parallel set than I was expecting. If I decide to go for a master set it shouldn't be too costly to fill in my missing cards now.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
Just made a small edit to the title of this thread: move along now, nothing to see... Big Grin

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just made a small edit to the title of this thread: move along now, nothing to see... Big Grin --- xSaBx
Confused HUH???

The Subject heading conformed to the stated parameters of : Card Series (Manufacturer).

And the rules laid out by Harris as stated (were followed): "To keep things orderly, please name your forum as follows: Card Series (Manufacturer). For example, Enterprise Season 2 (Rittenhouse Archives) or Looney Tunes, Back In Action (Inkworks). Also, we ask that you post your breakdowns in the existing thread, if one exists, rather then starting a new one. And finally, please do not start a thread until you have box breakdowns to post."

So, what what was the problem? Confused Frown

On another note, each box yielded 1 complete basic set and a second with about 62-64 of 72. Combined gave the following:

1 box 1 set and 62/72 and extras
2 boxes 3 sets and 63/72 and extras
3 boxes 4 sets and 63/72 and extras
4 boxes 6 sets and 65/72 and extras
5 boxes 8 sets and 67/72 and extras
6 boxes 10 sets and 67/72 and extras
7 boxes 12 sets and 67/72 and extras

7 boxes yielded a parallel set with 69 of 72 cards and extras

@@@ ScottEvil Shake Head

Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MiniMe:
So, what what was the problem? Confused Frown

No problem, as I said. You'd typed your title all in caps, I simply changed it to upper/lower case, that all.

Certainly no need for Confused or Frown. I do this a lot. Call me a pedant, if you like... Big Grin

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
You,re a pedant. Razz Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:
You're a pedant. Razz Big Grin

Which, I think you'll find, makes me eminently suited for this job.

Now, on with the breakdowns... Big Grin

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Not really a big deal but I grabbed a few loose packs last night and got another PWC5 (Chris's shirt). These really are nice cards, not just the pieceworks but ALL the cards are beautiful.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sketch
posted Hide Post
Got my Case today

3 full Parallel Sets + a lot singles
3 Vanquishing Evil Sets + singles
2 Under their spell sets + singles
19 Basic Sets + singles
4 Boxtopper Sets

Not bad

PWs

1x PWC1 Dual Paige Phoebe
1x PWC3 Dual Phoebe
2x PWC4 Leo
1x PWC5 Chris
3x PWC6 Cole incl 1x TIE Card
2x PWC7 Phoebe (one white, one blue)
1x redemption Piper
1x PWC9 Paige

So i need only a PWC2 for a Master. I think that was a realy nice Case Clap

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sketch,

Posts: 192 | Location: Germany | Registered: March 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
BOX 1 OF ONE
1 BASE SET + SPARES
24 PARALLEL
2 PUZZLE CARDS
2 V.EVIL CARDS
1 PWC6 CARD

V.NICE CARDS

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Ok - 2 boxes from the lovely Ed Webb (ScifiCards) And boy, did he send me the right boxes!

First off - the card I wanted most was the PR1 (Piper's leather skirt redemption).....

Here's what I got (of the two boxes combined):

Box Loaders 2 & 3 (very nice cards)
VE - 3, 4, 5, 6 (Very Very nice cards) Big Grin
SP - 5, 6, 7, 8 (all of them had chips on the back sides)
Costumes - PWC4 Leo's shirt & PR1 Piper's skirt redemption!! Elephant Elephant Elephant Elephant (this was in the first pack I opened, picked randomly of course).

So, I am pretty happy! Off to see about piecing together the rest of the master set Smile

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ginny
posted Hide Post
Oh Jessica-

You lucky person!!

Here was my box;

BL 3 Baby Wyatt
SP 3, 4
VE 1, 6
PWC 4 Leo's shirt

And of course the parallel cards, which I am not collecting, so look for them to appear in my trade section.

All in all, these are beautiful cards. I love the vanquishing evil set!
Inkworks is doing a great job with the Conne tions sets.

Posts: 396 | Location: Riverdale, GA | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My two boxes:-

Box 1
Box Topper - 3
Under their Spell - 1,2,9
Vanquishing Evil - 5,6
Pieceworks - PWC-7

Box 2
Box Topper - 1
Under their Spell - 3,4
Vanquishing Evil - 5,6
Pieceworks - PWC-4

For a change I didn't get box toppers the same, but got the same Vanquishing Evil inserts instead.

Very nice cards though.

Lesley

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
Got my 6 Boxes today :-

1xFull Parallel Set (loads of spares)
1 Set Box Loaders (3 spare)
Under their spell with cards 2 missing (7,6)
1 Set Vanquising Evil (4 spare)

1 x PWC1
2 x PWC2 (One with Black lace)
1 x PWC3
1 x PWC4
1 x PWC7

So not to bad

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened 2 boxes.

3 base sets plus a large chunk of 4th.
BL2 (Piper), BL3(Wyatt)
SP7, SP8(x2), SP9
VE1(x2 - Paige), VE2 (Piper, Phoebe, Paige), VE6 (Paige)
PWC3 - Phoebe's costume (dual)
PWC4 - Leo's shirt

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I got my 4 boxes last Friday and finally got around to having them all opened by Sunday, had to help build the excitement and have it last you know. For the most part I'm happy with what I got, but could have been a little happier. With four boxes I would have figured on at least getting the box loader set, but got doubles of both BL 1 and BL 2. Also before I opened my final box I only needed 7 cards to complete a parallel set and only got 1, out of 24 packs I would have thought I could complete it. Oh well, I guess that's random selection. Here are how my boxes broke down.

Box 1

Box Loader-BL2 Piper
Under Their Spell-SP5,SP6
Vanquishing Evil-VE1,VE6
Parallel Cards-24
Pieceworks-PWC7 Phoebe (white)

Box 2

Box Loader-BL2 Piper
Under Their Spell-SP6,SP7,SP8
Vanquishing Evil-VE5
Parallel Cards-24
Pieceworks-PWC4 Leo

Box 3

Box Loader-BL1 Leo
Under Their Spell-SP2,SP3
Vanquishing Evil-VE1,VE2
Parallel Cards-24
Pieceworks-PWC9 Paige

Box 4

Box Loader-BL1 Leo
Under Their Spell-SP6,SP7
Vanquishing Evil-VE5,VE6
Parallel Cards-24
Piceworks-PWC7 Phoebe (light blue)

Final Tally

6 Complete base sets
0 of 1 Case Loader set
2 of 3 Box Loader set, dupes of 1&2
6 of 9 Under Their Spell set, dupes of 6&7
4 of 6 Vanquishing Evil set, dupes of 1,5,&6
66 of 72 Parallel set
3 of 9 Pieceworks set

Hopefully I can get my sets completed soon. I'm still working on season 1 and Power of 3 as well.

Eclipse56

Posts: 21 | Location: Des Moines, IA | Registered: May 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Here's my breakdown.
set:1 and missing 6 for a second
parallel:24
VE:2,3
SP:4,5
PWC7
BL3

Very nice cards...

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scott12
posted Hide Post
In my box I got:
Set: 1
Box Loader : 2
Vanquishing evil: 1,6
Under their spell : 1,9
Piecework : PWC3

Posts: 111 | Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: December 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post