Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    American Idol (Fleer)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Idol (Fleer)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted
Well these are not my usual fare by any means, but my daughter talked me in to getting
a few boxes (I got a deal for an owed favor.
Anyway...
They are pretty much what I expected - photos of people and sets.
Out of the 3 boxes I made 3 base sets of 89 cards with a ton of doubles.
It took 2 boxes to complete the 15 card "Behind the Scenes" chase
The 3 boxes netted me exactly half of the 32 card "Idol Chatter" chase.
Two of the boxes contained 2 auto cards
and the third one auto and a "Reality Bits" costume card.
The cards are pretty well done overall and if you're eleven years old and a fan of the show, I suggest you bug your parents to spend their hard earned money (which they've been saving up to buy mature items such as Conan cards Drool
and you also can bask in the 15 minutes of fame that is ***AMERICN IDOL***

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MikeFitz,

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Mikefitz-- Thank you for your contribution. Could you please modify your subject line to follow the Set Name (Company Name) standard?

Thank you!

Jon

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
An American Idol set, is there no shame?

Posts: 537 | Location: Canada | Registered: November 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
I have been looking for these cards everywhere but can't seem to find any Shake Head
I have no shame, I love the show and wished they would go back and make cards for American Idol 1 & 2 too!!!!!

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Bought a box at Wizard World - broke down well, although, I must admit (I'm being sarcastic here) I absolutely LOVED the picture of Randy's Parking Space Big Grin Seriously though, I really liked the cards, perhaps a little too well - though I could have done without 2 different parallel sets - had to go through 2x to find the 1, yes, I said, 1 Platinum Parallel card in my box

Here's my breakdown
1 of 41 Platinum Parallel Card (Leah LaBelle, card #15)
9 of 41 Gold Parallel Cards (4, 8, 11, 15, 21, 25, 29, 33, and 37)
9 of 15 Behind the Scenes Cards (2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
6 of 32 Idol Chatter (1,7, 10, 19, 24, 30)
1 of ??? George Huff American Idol Game Cards (were these even supposed to be in the boxes, cause I can't find any info on the box or wrapper about them)
2 Signed Sealed, Delivered Cards - Jasmine Trias and Jennifer Hudson

Haven't sorted base sets yet, so not sure if I even got one, but there is a scary disclaimer on the box :

This box does not necessarily contain a complete set of basic cards or insert cards.

So, if my box fails me, I have no recompense Frown Wish me well Smile And, I'm not 11 and I liked the cards Smile But you're right Mike, save your money for that Conan set...

Okay, just sorted the base cards Smile Luckily, I did get 1 complete base set and I too have extras should anyone require them

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Over_Worked_Mom,

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Ok, finally found an opened box at Target but there were 30 packs so I bought them all.

OWM, I too got the George Huff American Idol Game Card. Was wondering if it was in error but since you got it too, guess it was just an advertising scheme.

I did get more than one Platinum card and also received the Jennifer Hudson Auto.

Will have more exact details later.

Oh, thought it was neat that each pack had a thick cardboard Fleer card in it! Ha ha to all you cherry pickers out there!!!

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
36-Pack Boxes

Box 1:

1 Base Set
9 Gold Parallels
1 Platinum Parallel
1 George Huff Game Card
9 Behind The Scenes Inserts
6 Idol Chatter Inserts
1 Reality Bits Memorabilia - RB-AA Amy Adams
1 Signed, Sealed, Delivered Autograph - SSD-CV Camile Velasco

Box 2:

1 Base Set
9 Gold Parallels
2 Platinum Parallels
2 George Huff Game Cards
6 Idol Chatter Inserts
1 Reality Bits Memorabilia - RB-LL2 Leah Labelle
1 Signed, Sealed, Delivered Autograph - SSD-GH George Huff

Box 3:

1 Base Set
9 Gold Parallels
1 Platinum Parallel
1 George Huff Game Card
6 Idol Chatter Inserts
1 Reality Bits Memorabilia - RB-FB Fantasia Barrino (Nice Multi-Colored Swatch Thumb Up)
1 Signed, Sealed, Delivered Autograph - SSD-AA Amy Adams

Box 4:

1 Base Set
8 Gold Parallels
2 Platinum Parallels
1 George Huff Game Card
6 Idol Chatter Inserts
1 Reality Bits Memorabilia - RB-FB Fantasia Barrino (2-Color Swatch)
1 Signed, Sealed, Delivered Autograph - SSD-JS John Stevens

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post