Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    8th Annual Halloween Trading Card Event (RRParks Cards, 2021)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

8th Annual Halloween Trading Card Event (RRParks Cards, 2021)
 Login/Join

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted
This has been an amazing week cardwise for me. The Chicago show last Saturday, Perna Studios Halloween 4 arriving a couple of days ago, and today Richard Parks' Halloween extravaganza delivered to my door.
If you had read my article about these in the latest issue of NSU, you will have an idea of what this set includes, but there is more, and I didn't even get the master set.
First off, you get a box with 45 clip out mini cards with Halloween themed pin-ups from the 40's and 50's.
Inside is a huge pile of odds and ends:
Build an Alien boxed set. 2 complete sets of these, one to save, one to play with. The stickers are not die cut, so you have to use scissors to cut the eyes and mouths and arms out.
Monster Choke 'n Gag 8 cards with 3 mini cards, perforated with jokes on both sides of each card.
Quatermass and the Pit - 11 cards in wrapper continue this story
Halloween Trick or Treat - 13 cards with old style Halloween art, very nice.
She Demons Deluxe Card set - 26 cards in box include a puzzle, poster cards, portraits and a cool lenticular motion card, with a woman changing from a beauty to a she-demon!
Scary Clowns!- 7mini-cards of guys and a gal who you don't want showing up at your birthday party.
Strange True Stories - Reprinted 24 card set of this classic. Can't wait to read the backs of this one
Russian Space Program - 10 cards which I won't be reading the backs of. Even the wrapper is all in Russian. Nice looking cards though.
Horror Monsters 4 - 9 cards with funny pics on front and jokes on back. Look at the drawings on the back too.
Galaxy of Tomorrow - 16 cards in wrapper with beautiful art!
Kitty Eerie - Added after my article was written, these are 10 art cards of Halloween kittens, lots of fun!
Promos:
Strange True Promo 5 w/checklist
Scary Clowns Series 3 Promo
NSU P1 - Same promo that was in recent issue of NSU
Blank Sketch card - try your hand at doing a Halloween sketch
Thank You card - with image of Zombie Richard Parks on front, back has Thanks Donald, and Richard's signature.
Lastly - 2 pieces Dubble Bubble gum

Thoughts: Richard Parks goes the extra mile to make a fun, collectible set. The Strange True set is very interesting, and while it is a reprint, few of us will ever get a chance to see all the cards, much less collect them. There are lots of beautiful art cards to look at, funny jokes to read, lots of enjoyment from these!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Don Norton,

Posts: 2913 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post