Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Gotham - Before the Legend - Season One (Cryptozoic, 2016)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gotham - Before the Legend - Season One (Cryptozoic, 2016)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted
I bought 3 boxes from the London Card Mart on Sunday. Wouldn't say the quality of the cards were bad, but with 2 price rises in a year and the value of the £ plummeting against the $, this would have been a case break 18 months ago. To top it off, the binders haven't been released yet. I have come to expect more from Cryptozoic to match the premium rather than standard card stock.

Wardrobe:
M13, M14, M23, DM5

Autograph:
Sean Pertwee
Cameron Monaghan
Chris Chalk

Printing plate:
Base card 31 Yellow

Not too sad at all.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Nice - Pertwee Auto VERY good

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I have opened one box of this. I did get a mini-master set out of the box. I also pulled these:

Milo Ventimiglia autograph
Wardrobe card M17 Oswald Cobblepot
Triple Wardrobe TM3 Oswald Cobblepot

I like the design of the autograph and wardrobe cards.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I got a box at the Chicago Show this weekend. My box also had a mini master set. O also got these cards:

Q7 Foil
Lesley-Ann Brandt autograph
Wardrobe Card M28 Oswald Cobblepot
Double Wardrobe DM8 Gordon-Thompkins

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stevetrek:
I got a box at the Chicago Show this weekend. My box also had a mini master set. O also got these cards:

Q7 Foil
Lesley-Ann Brandt autograph
Wardrobe Card M28 Oswald Cobblepot
Double Wardrobe DM8 Gordon-Thompkins

Nice box you got there. Thumb Up

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Had time today to fill my binder - I use the term "fill" loosely. Out of 4 boxes, I'm still 2 base cards (11, 48) missing Shake Head Is this standard for this set, have I been unlucky, or are we being sent pony boxes in the UK?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Had time today to fill my binder - I use the term "fill" loosely. Out of 4 boxes, I'm still 2 base cards (11, 48) missing Shake Head Is this standard for this set, have I been unlucky, or are we being sent pony boxes in the UK?

Every other box break I have seen had a mini master set in it. I would contact Cryptozoic to see if they can help you out as this would appear to be a collation error.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Graham:

I had X2 boxes of Gotham, both were missing a base card, one box was minus #31 one box was minus #66

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Purchased a box at Memorabilia (which helped Graham get his 2 base cards!)

Got Cameron Monaghan (2nd one in 3 boxes)
M13 Edward Nygma (2nd one in 3 boxes)
Cyan printing plate - Barbara Kean Wardrobe card.
Had same Auto & Wardrobe in 2 boxes - Quite a feat Shake Head

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Purchased a box at Memorabilia (which helped Graham get his 2 base cards!)

Got Cameron Monaghan (2nd one in 3 boxes)
M13 Edward Nygma (2nd one in 3 boxes)
Cyan printing plate - Barbara Kean Wardrobe card.
Had same Auto & Wardrobe in 2 boxes - Quite a feat Shake Head

Obviously Graham's fault.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Picked up a box for my son since we started watch the show. We got a weird box.
The good.
Auto cmo Cameron Monaghan as Jerome
Wardrobe m6 Jim Gordon plain no patch
Double wardrobe dm3 Sarah Essen

The weird:
Now here is where it gets wacky.
35 base cards out of 72. Most cards we have three or four of.
1 character card should have been 12.
10 puzzle 1 foil should have been 6.
20 quotes should have been 8 in the box.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Apart from the fact it was a very weird breakdown, the DM3 is a great pull. It goes for a pretty penny, and is the only one I don't have.

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Picked up a box for my son since we started watch the show. We got a weird box.
The good.
Auto cmo Cameron Monaghan as Jerome
Wardrobe m6 Jim Gordon plain no patch
Double wardrobe dm3 Sarah Essen

The weird:
Now here is where it gets wacky.
35 base cards out of 72. Most cards we have three or four of.
1 character card should have been 12.
10 puzzle 1 foil should have been 6.
20 quotes should have been 8 in the box.

Reach out to Cryptozoic. If they still have sets they might send you what you were missing.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I'm cool. I already ordered another box and 2 boxes of season 2.
We got the big two (auto and costume) and lucked out with the double costume in the box, so I am not going to bother Cryptozoic with the low level chase being out of whack and not finishing the set. Hopefully, the second box will correct the issue.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post