Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Playboy's VIXENS (Stellar Collectibles)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Playboy's VIXENS (Stellar Collectibles)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted
I just finished busting a 10 box case and as always am very impressed with Stellar's handling of the Playboy license.

Each case comes with a Case Loader autograph card and inside one of the 10 boxes you also get a Bonus Autograph card. Unfortunately, these cards are done in the same fashion as the pack inserted autograph cards, which are inserted 1 per box.

My case yielded 9 pack pulled autos, so I was 1 short, more on this later.

For the first time this set includes Printing Plate cards. I pulled 10 plates, with one box having 2 and another 0. These are found 1:24 packs.

There are several additional levels of chase cards, which would make even the most hardcore Rittenhouse fan envious.

There are 3 different 10 card insert sets, which are titled, "Stacked & Sexy", "Dangerous Curves", and "Fine & Foxy."
I pulled 3 sets of "S&S", being 2 cards short of 2 additional sets, with 3 cards extra. I landed 4 sets of "DC", being 1 card short another set, with 4 extras. I also had 3 sets of "F&F", being 1 and 2 cards short of 2 additional sets, with 3 extras. All 3 of these are inserted 1:4 packs.

There are 3 different parallel sets. The toughest are numbered to 25, and they are done in a dark pink foil. I had 11 of these. The next level is numbered to 100. These are done in purple and I had 42 of these cards. The final level and the easiest to pull is numbered to 200. They are done in a bright red foil and I had 96 of these. There was heavy duplication on these, but I am still going to try to put a set of these together.

Earlier I mentioned being short a plate and an autograph. Well Topps doesn't have a monopoly on dud boxes. My final box yielded two parallel foils and that was it. I've contacted my Stellar rep and will see what happens about this, but they have the usual disclaimer so we shall see.

All in all a very nice set. The only things I would change would be the coloring of the parallel sets as the purple and dark pink are to similar to each other. I would also make the Case and Bonus Autograph somehow different from the pack autographs, either with colored foil or a different format, like Stellar has done in the past with the oversized autos.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Do you have extra base and insert sets for trade? I am interested in them. Pls have a look at my trade list and let me know.

Thanks

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
Email sent Wave

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am interested in the red foil to complete a set and the purple foil. Please let me know if you are interested in selling of trade.

Thanks

Posts: 2 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: June 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glee21:
I am interested in the red foil to complete a set and the purple foil. Please let me know if you are interested in selling of trade.

Thanks

I would definitely love to trade for the Red and or Purple foils. Please email me at
kgnycnonsport@aol.com

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Email sent.

Posts: 2 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: June 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
And back at you Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
My box yielded the following:

Autograph - Echo Johnson
Dangerous Curves - 6 cards
Fine & Foxy - 6 cards
Printing plate - #17 (Beata Hargitai)
Stacked and Sexy - 6 cards
Red parallels - 8 cards
Purple parallels - 5 cards (one is duplicated)
Pink parallels - 1 card
Base set - at least one (haven't sorted yet)

All in all, a good looking set as usual for Stellar.

I am amazed at the number of chase in this box (34 cards in 24 packs). Granted, I had a couple of packs with no chase, but had one pack with two parallels (one red, one purple). That means the odds of NOT pulling a chase card out of a box must be pretty low.

I doubt that I will try to complete any of the parallel sets, but only time will tell....

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very envious of you lucky collectors in the USA.

There are very few dealers outside of the States who deal in the excellent releases from Stellar and due to the cost of inporting with customs,taxes etc the boxes are prohibitively expensive at around £40-£45($75-$85) Frown .

I did find a Las Vegas dealer a few years ago but he went out of buisness and all the people I buy from now when in the USA don't stock them.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I paid $75 for my box, retail. I don't have any connections with a distributor as such, but my local card shop carries the Stellar releases.

Triple-Frog, if you are interested in any of these cards, or any other Stellar products, drop me an email.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of trade-a-card
posted Hide Post
If anyone still got some cards from that set for trade please drop me a line.
Thanks,
Frank

Posts: 860 | Location: Germany | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Emails sent to trade-a-card and Triple Frog.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
i would be intersted in trades / swaps.

email me wants and trades @

markclelandtm@aol.com

have all the stellar range, paradigms and sportstime.

Cheers

Heff..

Posts: 6 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: August 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dmc913
posted Hide Post
Bought a box, my first Playboy box I've ever bought, and I pulled:

1 auto: Shannon Stewart
12 Reds
5 Purples
1 Pink: Breann McGregor
0 plates

yes, I did NOT get the press plate Mad I emailed them Saturday, and have yet to hear back; we'll see what happens...

o,
6 Dangerous Curves
6 Fine & Foxy
7 Stacked & Sexy

so, this'll probably be the last box I'll buy of Playboy cards, unless they can make that up...
if someone wants a list of the reds/purples, plmk.
i dunno whatll be for trade, but I'm not moving any of it until I hear back from stellarcards

Posts: 251 | Location: WV | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought the last 18 packs from a box and got:

I also got 11 red parallels, two purple parallels, one pink parallel (#007/025), five Fine & Foxy cards (FF1, 3, 4, 9, 10), three Stacked & Sexy cards (SS1, 3, 4), and 10 Dangerous Curves cards (DC1, 2, 3, 5, 9[x2], 10)

This is the only parallel I can post without covering part of the card:

I didn't get an autograph card, but overall I think I did pretty well.

xman25

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ryan Cracknell,

Posts: 58 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
XMan,

I took out the images from your post above as they were a little too racy for Card Talk - even without full nudity. I'd have sent you an email but there isn't one in your profile.

Thanks for understanding,
Ryan

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I ran across this site on a search for the Pink Parellel cards. I am only collecting the pink foil sets and was wondering if I can buy them from anyone that has them. I have a bunch of purple ones and many other cards for trade if not interested in selling.

Posts: 3 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
To All:

Please keep in mind the box break down forums are for box breakdowns -- trading should be done in the trading section.

For sale and want to buy posts are not allowed on Card Talk, so please post accordingly.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I opened another box today, with the following results:

base set - one complete, lots of extras
autograph - Jennifer Lavoie
Dangerous Curves - 7
Fine & Foxy - 6
Stacked & Sexy - 6
red parallels - 13
purple parallels - 4
pink parallels - 1
printing plate - none Mad

Like dmc13, I did not receive a printing plate card, so I'll be contacting Stellar to see what, if anything, they can do about this omission.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Opened yet another box, as follows:

base set - one complete, lots of duplicates
autograph - SS/V (Shannon Stewart)
Dangerous Curves - 6
Fine & Foxy - 6
Stacked & Sexy - 6
red foil parallels - 11
purple foil parallels - 5
pink foil parallels - 1
printing plate - card 71 (kinda greenish colored)

Less foil parallels than my previous box noted above, but this one had a printing plate card. I never did hear back from Stellar on the "missing" card.