Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Lord of the Rings Trilogy Chrome (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lord of the Rings Trilogy Chrome (Topps)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
I opened my box yesterday and i must say this is a great looking base set!!! I haven't sorted out the base cards as yet, but at the quick glance last night they look great!! The autos and memorabilia cards are also wikkid with the chrome finish.

My box yielded the following:

Sala Baker as Sauron
Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn

Eowyn's Golden Hall Dress (1:550)

So i'm a happy bunny. May even ivest in another box Smile

Well done Topps!!

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
posted Hide Post
I was in a sour mood today and my local dealer had the boxes on for a good price so I said why not. Heres what I got:
  • 1 complete Base set
  • Frodo's Elven Tunic/ memorabilia card
  • IAN HOLM/ BILBO Auto
  • JOHN NOBLE/DENETHOR Auto[/LIST] Overall a very nice set. The base cards are decent, the Autos are okay, and the costumes are probably the nicest cards of the set. I did'nt get the Liv Tyler I was hoping for, but at least Noble and Holm are mid-level characters, not to mention that I didnt already have them. Smile Regards, Chad

Silver Card Talk Member
    Picture of hippiejewel
    posted Hide Post
    I've got to agree. The costume cards are very nicely done. I did get Elrond's robe. It's a nice rustic color that compliments the card itself. I hope Santa brings me another box.

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Silver Card Talk Member
    Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by hippiejewel:
    I've got to agree. The costume cards are very nicely done. I did get Elrond's robe. It's a nice rustic color that compliments the card itself. I hope Santa brings me another box.

Jewel Big Grin
    Yeah id like to get another box as well, but im to scared that im going to pull a Appleby, Mckenzie, Ure, or Hopkins. Frown Big Grin

Posts: 1230 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Thao
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by DOUBLEooSEVEN:Yeah id like to get another box as well, but im to scared that im going to pull a Appleby, Mckenzie, Ure, or Hopkins. Frown Big Grin

Ugh, I pulled 2 out of 4 of those Autos with my box...

Not too happy, but might be able to trade...

Box Breakdown:

- 1 Base Set (w/ loads of extras, not enough for another set though)

- Elrond Costume Card
    - Gambling Auto Card
    - Proudfoot Auto Card

Not the cards I was hoping for (Liv Tyler Auto, or Faramir Auto, or Frodo Costume Card, or Aragorn Costume Card), but I'm getting two of those from Ebay, so it's all good Big Grin!

Posts: 106 | Location: Canada | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Silver Card Talk Member
    Picture of Headless Horseman
    posted Hide Post
    Opened seven of my eight boxes from my case, I will save the last one and not open it.

Received all 14 autographs with no duplicates, what are the odds of that?

However only got 5 different pieceworks of the seven. Received no hard pieceworks, breakdown was as follows:

Aragorn's House of Healing Shirt-2
    Elrond's Rivendell Robe
    Eowyn's Edoras Stables Dress-2
    Frodo's Elven Tunic
    Witch-King's Robe

Happy with the autos but the pieceworks are very much the same as they have been the last three update sets.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Natalie
    posted Hide Post
    Finally got my box today:
    1 complete base set
    Arwen auto Elephant
    Pippin auto
    Frodo's Elven Tunic
    Very happy with my Arwen auto. On a side note, Mr. Boyd smudged the "d" in his name when he signed...I love those little touches that tell you it's not autopen Smile.

Posts: 310 | Location: Louisville | Registered: October 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Silver Card Talk Member
    Picture of hippiejewel
    posted Hide Post
    Nice auto pulls Natalie!!! Congrats.

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Silver Card Talk Member
    Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
    posted Hide Post
    I decided to pick up one more box just for fun, this is what I got:
  • Viggo Mortensen as King Elessar Auto Clap
  • John Noble as Denethor Auto
  • Eowyn's Edoras Stables Dress Mem. Card[/LIST]Overall im very pleased with my second box, even though I already have both autos. Im just glad I didnt pull one of the lesser autos. Oh... by the way, I did get a full base set as well. Ill be posting a chrome trade list later on. Regards , chad Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
    Picture of SHouseman
    posted Hide Post
    I finally broke down and bought a box... I opened the first 3 packs and pulled a Liv Tyler as Arwen auto Clap

I started opening the rest of the packs about an hour later. Next I pulled Elrond's Rivendell Robe, the easiest memorabilia card to get Frown

2 packs later I pulled the John Noble as Denethor auto. I'd be okay with that but I only bought one box of the Return of the King wave 1 boxes last year, and guess which auto I got? I guess I can trade one of them off... Frown

I still had half the box to open, so I just playingly flexed the remaining packs thinking it would be cool if I had another memorabilia card in the box. One pack didn't bend and I knew I got an extra memorabilia card in my box! I opened it up and pulled Pippen's Gondorian Tunic, the hardest to pull memorabilia card to get Metal

So, 2 autos and 2 memorabilias in my box! I NEVER get that lucky!!!

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bronze Card Talk Member
    Picture of cverdec
    posted Hide Post
    Congrat!! What a great box!!!
    Thumb Up

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
    posted Hide Post
    and my 2 boxes :

Box 1

1 x base set of 100

Costume :
    Pippin's Gondorian Tunic

Autos :
    John Noble as Denethor
    Viggo Mortensen as King Elessar

Box 2

1x base set of 100

Costume
    Eowyn's Edoras Stables Dress

Autos
    Noel Appleby as Everard Proudfoot
    Bernard Hill as Theoden

plus lots of spare cards so I will try trading to get a third set out of the boxes

Very attractive set though some cards fared better than others for the chrome treatment

He's ancient and forever.
    He burns at the centre of Time and he can see the turn of the Universe.
    And...
    He's WONDERFUL.

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Silver Card Talk Member
    Picture of Andrew David
    posted Hide Post
    Can someone tell me how many differnt box tops there are, as I was told there are quite a few ? Apparently Topps did something similar before?

Ta
    Andy

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Silver Card Talk Member
    Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
    posted Hide Post
    Im not sure Andrew, but ive also seen quite a few. I actually got one with one of my favorite base cards #99. The boxes are actually quite nice, I think ill keep em. Wink

Posts: 1230 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of KAZ
    posted Hide Post
    Ouch I'm waiting my box from about 1 month and i pulled Hopkin and appleby autos with elrond's rivendell robe Frown
    I also pulled a miscutted card the number 8, at the left of it there's the right of the card number 51 !

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KAZ,

Posts: 176 | Location: lyon, FRANCE | Registered: December 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Contest Czar
    Picture of barobehere
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Andrew David:
    Can someone tell me how many differnt box tops there are, as I was told there are quite a few ? Apparently Topps did something similar before?

Ta
    Andy

I don't know the answer to the question but I do know that I was contacted to see which box card I had. I forgot which top now. ANyway, they wanted it and I mailed it to them, so someone is collecting them. Hopefully there are not 100 of them!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Gold Card Talk Member
    Picture of Star*Mystyk
    posted Hide Post
    Received my box while I was away.
    The cards are nice. They remind me of the Resident Evil chromium cards. Minus the plastic covering on the back which tends to peel off over time.

My box:

1 Base Set

Autos: Sauron, Gamling
    Costume: Witch-King's Robe

I won't be looking for the rest of the set, apart from the remaining base cards for a second set.

Smile

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Silver Card Talk Member
    Picture of Cardz_house
    posted Hide Post
    Hiya,

Opened my only case and the breakdown is as follows.

16 Autos: Appleby(2), Boyd, Hill(3), Holm, McKenzie(2), Mortensen/Elessar, Noble, Tyler, Urban, Ure and Wenham(2)! 2 rarest Wenham autos in my case!! Dance Dance

8 Memorabilias: Elrond's Robe, Eowyn's Stable Dress, Eowyn's Golden Hall Dress, Frodo's Elven Tunic (pulled 2 but one is a variant with several white spots and threads on it), Witch King's Robe, Sam's Elven Tunic and last but not least, Pippin's Gondorian Tunic!! Great mixture here especially with both Sam and Pippin along with the Frodo variant card!! Dance Dance

Base Sets: 11 complete sets along with a load of duplicates.

Now off to trade off my auto duplicates.

Andy

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Gold Card Talk Member
    posted Hide Post
    Hey Cardz_house, you was right, your luck has changed Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Silver Card Talk Member
    Picture of Cardz_house
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by KADRAN00157:
    Hey Cardz_house, you was right, your luck has changed Smile

KADRAN00157

Thanks!!! Just hoping that this current run of luck can carry on to my future purchases. Even better, transfer some of the luck to the other cardtalkers here including you, mate! Thumb Up

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post