Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Lord of the Rings Trilogy Chrome (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lord of the Rings Trilogy Chrome (Topps)
 Login/Join

Picture of Paradoc
posted
Guess I get to be first here!
My first case:
Autos:
Faramir (2), Bilbo, Pippin, Arwen (2), Denethor (2), Elessar (2), Aragorn, Gorbag (2), Sauron, Gamling (2).

Costumes: Witchking (2), Elrond (2), Frodo (2), Aragorn, Eowyn Stable Dress.

I cracked 2 boxes,got one full set with no thirds from each.

I DON'T see any refractors yet. Anybody else?

The cards are glued to the top of each box to within an inch of its life. They probably printed the card fronts on sticker backs for this.

One more case due...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xSaBx,

Posts: 373 | Location: Memphis, TN USA | Registered: November 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Great pulls with the arwen and elessar autos, especially with the 2 Faramirs which are the hardest ones to find! Thumb Up

I don't think there are no retractors in the set, just normal chrome cards.

Now just eagerly awaiting my case to arrive!!!!

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
quote:

Those will be in the Nip/Tuck set. Wink

Mark

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paradoc:
Guess I get to be first here!
My first case:

So, how many boxes to a case? Is it eight (like Heritage)? If so, 17 autos is very impressive... Big Grin

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Roz
posted Hide Post
Yes it's 8

Posts: 431 | Location: Cambridge, UK | Registered: January 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of alfster
posted Hide Post
Got my two boxes yesterday.
Autographs John Noble(Denethor) Liv Tyler(Arwen) Bret McKenzie(Figwit) Ian Holm(Bilbo)
Costumes Frodo Eleven Tunic x 2

Best looking card is the outline of Frodo when he's invisible. You cab hardly see anything on the card.

For without Blood there is no Power.
Where is my Power?.
My Power is with the Blood of Souls,
Flowing like a river into my veins giving me my Power.
I will not lose my Power until my Soul looses me.

A.S.

Posts: 167 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roz:
Yes it's 8

Excellent! Let's hope the UK allocation actually turns up today so they can be shipped out for next week... Big Grin

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Roz
posted Hide Post
Yeah they were supposed to be in 40 minutes ago *taps watch* - anyone know if they've turned up?

Posts: 431 | Location: Cambridge, UK | Registered: January 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... have to check with my vendor on shipping. I don't expect my case to be here today, but maybe Monday...

Posts: 420 | Location: Try looking under that pile of cards over there... | Registered: December 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
Does the new base set use complete new pictures from the first six sets???

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RupT:
Does the new base set use complete new pictures from the first six sets???

Yes, the base set does contain all new pictures as well as images taken from the extended editions of the Fellowship and Two Towers.

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Paradoc
posted Hide Post
My second (and last) 8-box case went even better!

Autos: Proudfood, Theoden, Figwit (2), Eomer (2). Elessar, Aragorn, Gorbag, Bilbo, Sauron, Pippin, Denethor, Faramir (my third!), Gamling, Arwen.

Costumes:
Sam's Tunic!
Pippin's Tunic!
Bilbo's Waistcoat
Eowyn Golden Hall Dress
Elrond
Frodo
Eowyn Stables Dress
Aragorn.

Whew!

Posts: 373 | Location: Memphis, TN USA | Registered: November 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Wow, a great case with the 16 autos and 2 rarest costume cards pulled!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cardz_house,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DewMan:
quote:

Those will be in the Nip/Tuck set. Wink
Mark

Groan....... Twak
Those kind of jokes I would expect from Wolfie !

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paradoc
posted Hide Post
It was a nice case, wasn't it? 14 out of 14 autos and 8 out of 9 costumes, with the two rarest. An Archive Case?

Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paradoc:
An Archive Case?

More likely the best example of what happens when a company's product singularly fails to sell on pre-order, and as a result the number of cases is drastically reduced... Big Grin

Good news for the collectors though, if they were smart enough to buy the product as you have. You have almost a Master Run from a case, and that doesn't happen very often any more, at least not with Topps releases...

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of angeleyes777
posted Hide Post
I haven't finished sorting the base sets yet, but here are the highlights (and lowlights) of the case we got for our collection:

Highlight: 13 of the 14 autos, plus 3 extras. We missed Sauron, but have extras of Proudfoot, Gamling, and Eomer. I'm just thrilled the the one auto we're missing isn't Faramir. Smile

Lowlight: 8 boxes = 8 memoribilia cards, but only 4 different ones! We got 1 Elrond, 2 Witch-King, 2 Eowyn Stable Dress, and 3 Aragorn. Bad, bad, bad costume breakddown. Frown

Posts: 643 | Location: Modesto, CA, USA | Registered: July 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of BigD
posted Hide Post
Opened my box today and got:

1 base set
Witch King Costume
Noble auto
Mortensen as Elassar auto.

Nothing special, but I was happy I got main characters.

Posts: 783 | Location: Idaho | Registered: June 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
Overview : “Lord of the Rings Trilogy” Chrome
---------------------------------------------
100 Base Cards
14 Autograph Cards (Overall Odds - 1:18)[Appleby, Baker, Hill, Holm, Hopkins, Mckenzie, Mortensen/Aragon, Mortensen/Elessar, Noble, Tyler, Urban & Ure (1:19), Wenham (1:320)]
9 Memorabilia Cards (Overall Odds - 1:36)[Elrond’s Rivendell Robe (1:200)Witch-King’s Robe (1:232)Aragorn’s House of Healing Shirt (1:250)Frodo’s Elven Tunic (1:262)Eowyn’s Edoras Stables Dress (1:300)Bilbo’s Grey Havens Waistcoat (1:385)Eowyn’s Golden Hall Dress (1:550)Sam’s Elven Tunic (1:652)Pippin’s Gondorian Tunic (1:691)]

Out of my 36 pack count box, which had common card #98 on the outside box top, the following insert cards were found:

Noel Appleby (Everard Proudfoot)
Bruce Hopkins (Gameling)
Bilbo’s Grey Havens Waistcoat (1:385)

The Chrome treatment and the images chosen for the base set do make a really nice looking combination. The autograph cards are also in Chrome and look nice as well. The Memorabilia Cards (at least the one I got) really looks nice in Chrome as the opening for the fabric swatch is an image of the Golden Ring.

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Roz
posted Hide Post
Guys, has anyone heard anything about a binder for this setc?... all has gone quiet on the Western Front about that