Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Lord of the Rings Trilogy Chrome (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lord of the Rings Trilogy Chrome (Topps)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Available from a large UK card retailer and producer

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Roz
posted Hide Post
Yeah tried there... they sounded rather non committal about the whole thing! Has it not gone ahead?

Posts: 431 | Location: Cambridge, UK | Registered: January 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Usually the binders are made well in advance.

I have not heard anything about these being definate.

Posts: 1085 | Location: UK | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Just opened my box last night. I got 1 complete 100 card base set, and here are the chase:

Eowyn's Stable Dress (1:300)
Bernard Hill-Theoden Auto (1:19)
Noel Appleby-E. Proudfoot Auto (1:19)

Overall, a very nice set. The cosume card design is GREAT! Thumb Up

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
My box yeilded
Viggo Mortensen as Aragon auto(1:19)
Sala Baker as Sauron auto(1:19)

Pippin’s Gondorian Tunic costume(1:691)

I have yet to sort throught to make a set yet, but these cards are awesome! Update I did make 1 set! Yippie!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: barobehere,

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
I have yet to sort throught to make a set yet, but these cards are awesome!

I am not normally a LoTR Collector, but with the decreased odds I thought I'd take a dip with a couple of boxes. I'm glad I did, because this set looks *extremely* impressive... I hope Topps would consider a Star Wars Ep 3 set done like this, and if they did I'd be scrabbling for one!

I'd also heard that these boxes were *extremely* easy to cherry pick, and it is indeed the case, so beware if buying from an open box (especially as there are no chase cards in this set)

Two boxes yielded:

Autos: Gorbag, Aragorn, Bilbo, Faramir Big Grin
Costumes: Eowyn, Witch-King

Overall, *very* happy with what I've got here, and hope to do some trading... Big Grin

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
posted Hide Post
My local dealer has a box but wants like $110 for it, seems like alot to me. Frown

Posts: 1230 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DOUBLEooSEVEN:
My local dealer has a box but wants like $110 for it, seems like alot to me. Frown

From what I am hearing, the prices on these cards are likely to shoot up *fast*, but even so that seems expensive, unless it's in Canadian dollars...

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
posted Hide Post
Not thats US funds, but CDN money is actually catching up to American money, its suppose to be .85cdn-1US by the ned of the year. Clap I really dont trust the guys at cards shops though, they seem like their always scamming for some reason. Im just paranoid I suppose. Wink

Posts: 1230 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
Grand Total for 6 cases

AUTOGRAPHS

9 x NOEL APPLEBY
6 x SALA BAKER
7 x BILLY BOYD
6 x BERNARD HILL
7 x IAN HOLM
4 x BRUCE HOPKINS
7 x BRET MCKENZIE
7 x VIGGO MORTENSEN (ARAGORN)
8 x VIGGO MORTENSEN (KING ELESSAR)
7 x JOHN NOBLE
8 x LIV TYLER
7 x KARL URBAN
6 x STEPHEN URE
7 x DAVID WENHAM

total 96

MEMORABILIA CARDS

6 x ARAGORN'S HOUSE OF HEALING SHIRT - 1:250

7 x BILBO'S GREY HAVENS WAISTCOAT - 1:385

7 x ELROND'S RIVENDELL ROBE - 1:200

4 x EOWYN'S EDORAS STABLES DRESS - 1:300

5 x EOWYN'S GOLDEN HALL DRESS - 1:550

5 x FRODO'S ELVEN TUNIC - 1:262

4 x PIPPIN'S GONDORIAN TUNIC - 1:691

2 x SAM'S ELVEN TUNIC - 1:652

7 x THE WITCH-KING'S ROBE - 1:232

total 47

so all in all happy apart from the lack of sam Costumes and Gamling autos.

Posts: 447 | Location: uk | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Cases

Box 1:
Noel Appleby Auto Frown
Bruce Hopkins Auto
Aragorn house of Healing Shirt

Box 2:
Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn Auto Smile
Sala Baker Auto
Pippin's Tunic Wink

Box 3:
Bret McKenzie Auto Frown
Karl Urban Auto
Witch King Robe

Box 4: (Best Box)
Viggo Mortensen Auto as Aragorn
David Wenham Auto Big Grin
Bilbo Waistecoat with stitches!!!

Box 5
Ian Holm Auto
Sala Baker Auto
Pippin Gondor Tunic (beating the odds) Razz

Box 6:
Bernard Hill Auto
Billy Boyd Auto
Eowyn Golden Hall Dress Luv You

Box 7: (note: see box 1)
Bruce Hopkins Auto
Noel Appleby Auto Shake Head
Aragorn House of Healing Shirt

Box 8:
Bernard Hill Auto
Billy Boyd Auto
Eowyn Stables Dress Luv You

-Final Count-
Autographs:

Gamling x2
Proudfoot x2
Aragorn x2
Figwit x1
Theoden x2
Pippin x2
Bilbo x1
Faramir x1
Eomer x1

-Costume-
Eowyn Stable x1
Eowyn Golden x1
Bilbo Waistecoat x1
Aragorn HoH x2
Pippin Tunic x2 Metal
Witch King Robe x1

Overall I am very happy but no Arwen Auto Frown

Chris

Posts: 41 | Location: Santa Barbara, CA | Registered: August 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of scott12
posted Hide Post
Picked up a box today.
Complete set : 1
Auto : Bernard Hill
Noel Appleby
Costumn : Eowyn's Edoras Stable Dress

Posts: 111 | Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: December 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received my case from ebay seller "<edited>" Thursday, and had a chance to open them over the weekend. I was VERY PLEASED with the breakdown, out of my one case I received 13 of 14 autos ( all except Wenham/Faramir, which I picked up on ebay for $55.00) and 8 of 9 costume cards, including ALL of the tougher ones! ( I picked up the only one I needed, Frodo, off ebay for $25.00). I got duplicate autos of Eomer, Bilbo & Figwit (aarrgh!!). Still, I certainly can't complain, I completed my Master Set out of one case plus 2 ebay purchases, from a total investment of $655.00, much less than I would have imagined. I did notice that the inserts were amazingly easy to cherry-pick, after my first 2 boxes, I only needed to open an average of 6 or 7 packs a box to find the rest of the inserts. <edited> I commend Topps for the great collation in my case, I hope everyone else has similar luck!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,

Posts: 89 | Location: Williamstown, WV 26187 | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Jay. . .

I had to edit your post as we don't allow discussing specifics on how to cherry pick boxes on Card Talk. I also removed the eBay seller's name. If you have any questions please feel free to email me, Harris or another moderator.

Thanks for contributing to the forum!

Jon

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
As soon as the odds changed to two autos and one costume card per box I went and ordered 5 boxes. My breakdown is as follows:

Box 1

Elronds Rivendell Robe

Viggo Mortensen "Aragorn"
Bruce Hopkins "Gamling"

Box 2

Frodo's Elven Tunic

Karl Urban "Eomer"
Viggo Mortensen "King Elessar"

Box 3

Eowyns Stables Dress

Sala Baker "Sauron"
Stephen Ure "Gorbag"

Box 4

Frodo's Elven Tunic

Billy Boyd "Pippin"
David Wenham "Faramir"

Box 5

Aragorn's House of Healing Shirt

Bernard Hill "Theoden"
Noel Appleby "Proudfoot"

Was kind of hoping for one more Liv Tyler but all in all not a bad run....very pleased.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of COSMIC GIRL
posted Hide Post
Opened my first box, but haven't sorted the base set yet.
My inserts were :
Eomer auto
Figwit auto
Pippin's Tunic Smile

The chrome effect is superb on the auto cards, and the base cards are just devine. The Gollum cards are excellent Big Grin.

I too would love to see Star Wars sets like this, absolutely gorgeous. Well done Topps Thumb Up

Posts: 346 | Location: KENT UK | Registered: September 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just received and opend my box today. Wasnt going to bother with this one, but finally gave in and pleased i did.

I got
one full 100 card set
Bilbo Auto card
Figwit Auto card
Pippins Gondorian Tunic Memorabillia card Smile

Think the cards are superb

Posts: 59 | Location: Barrow In Furness UK | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barrowjack:
Just received and opend my box today. Wasnt going to bother with this one, but finally gave in and pleased i did.

I got
one full 100 card set
Bilbo Auto card
Figwit Auto card
Pippins Gondorian Tunic Memorabillia card Smile

Think the cards are superb

Yay Figwit! Clap
Getting a box Sunday. I here these are getting increasingly rare. I believe its because of the low original orders but now everyone wants 'em because of the good box contents. Just shows. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up 2 boxes at LF&CC yesterday breakdown as follows

Box 1
Autos: King Elessar
Denethor
Costumes: Frodo Tunic x 2 ( yes two)

Box 2
Autos: Gamling
Gorbag
Bilbo
Costumes: Witchking

Neither of the boxes had a complete basic set, but I was able to make two basic sets with both boxes, so am very pleased.

Posts: 16 | Location: Tamworth, UK | Registered: December 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Got a box at the weekend

Auto Billy Boyd
Auto Bernard Hill
Costume Frodo's Elven Tunic

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post