https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4026073384/m/9701035021

September 17, 2005, 07:30 AM
cverdec
LOTR The Two Towers (Topps)
Just cracked another box of this.

Base Sets: 2
Foils: 1, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10
Autos: Sean Astin (Sam) Frown

I already pulled an Astin auto from when this set first came out.

Chris
April 24, 2006, 07:46 PM
Number_one
Got a box on Ebay (retail one)

1 base set
4 prismatic foil cards 1,2,9,10
no auto Shake Head
December 01, 2006, 12:12 PM
blwilson
Picked up a hobby box.

Base sets x2 plus most of a third
Primatic Foils x6 (1-5, 10)
Auto: Billy Boyd (Pippin)

Blair

wuher, Scott Rammel, Bond, mars53, Arvin Sloane, Larry C., silmapco, MrSpeed719, spidergoblin, mark64, steve j, barrowjack, indypat75, ra4dunb, Avalon, hammer, Gregor1968, Rich, Scifi Cards, Ryan Cracknell, UofLHoops, Cee_Jay, rachandcarl, brandocles, venom5liter, Warrior Babe, manolito, SciFi Mom, Ariana, Craig, beleay, kidtrek, eman, iki927, jane
September 24, 2007, 05:38 PM
justm
I got a retail box of this set - I know that I missed the boat first time around. Very happy with my breakdown as follows:

1 x base set
4 x prismatic foil cards 7,8,9,10

Auto - Domonic Monaghan as Merry Dance

Very pleased to get this as not only is there an auto in every 5 boxes in the retail edition (according to the Encyclopedia - invaluable once again) but this was the auto I wanted in my Lost boxes but was yet to get.

A RESULT all round ! Thumb Up

September 24, 2007, 06:01 PM
Peter cloet
quote:
Domonic Monaghan

great pull, congrats

A belgian hiphop group
September 24, 2007, 07:26 PM
riddickfan
quote:
Originally posted by justm:
I got a retail box of this set - I know that I missed the boat first time around. Very happy with my breakdown as follows:

1 x base set
4 x prismatic foil cards 7,8,9,10

Auto - Domonic Monaghan as Merry Dance

Very pleased to get this as not only is there an auto in every 5 boxes in the retail edition (according to the Encyclopedia - invaluable once again) but this was the auto I wanted in my Lost boxes but was yet to get.

A RESULT all round ! Thumb Up

Most Awesome!! Metal

January 23, 2008, 02:20 PM
rwn410
Opened a hobby box earlier today:

2 Base Sets
Foils: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Auto: Liv Tyler as 'Arwen' Big Grin

Overall, very pleased Thumb Up
September 20, 2009, 03:12 AM
issa115
halo! I would like to know Eowyn's AUTO is 1:??? and how many autograph per box? thanks for help!
September 20, 2009, 09:40 AM
allender
There was one autograph per Hobby box (36 packs) and about one in every 5 Retail boxes (24 packs, 1:125 packs).

Topps didn't announce an exact print or signing run, but we've estimated that most of the ROTK movie sets (after the first one) were about 7200 Hobby boxes and about 3000 Retail boxes, more-or-less.

The Miranda Otto/Éowyn auto was 1:518 packs (Hobby) and 1:1796 packs (Retail). If you do the math with those numbers, it predicts 540 total (500 in Hobby packs and 40 in Retail packs), so the total signed is "probably 500, maybe 600".

Using the same approach with the other autograph groups gives average numbers (for each in the group) of 603-621.
September 20, 2009, 10:37 AM
steve j
quote:
Originally posted by allender:

Topps didn't announce an exact print or signing run, but we've estimated that most of the ROTK movie sets (after the first one) were about 7200 Hobby boxes and about 3000 Retail boxes, more-or-less.

On the back of the LOTR Evolution sell sheet, Topps gave an indication of how much of the product sold in the form of a histogram.

It says that the sales of Topps the Lord of the Rings cards increased steadily (eventually doubling) over the lifespan of the property.

If we use the first set as a base, the percentage increase or decrease in sales is as follows: -

Lotr - FotR +0
FOTR update -10%
TTT +65%
TTT update +10%
ROTK +110%
ROTK update +55%
Chrome +95%
September 20, 2009, 06:20 PM
allender
Thanks, Steve! That's helpful. Of course it gets confusing when you try to figure out how they combined hobby plus retail plus overseas, or pack sales versus card sales

With Evolution and Masterpieces, we had known sketch totals and some numbered parallel cards, so it was easier to guess. Wink

From your list, TTT is a bit less than the average for ROTKU and Trilogy Chrome, so the auto numbers were likely more like 500 than 600.