Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    The Twilight Zone: Rod Serling Edition (Rittenhouse Archives, 2019)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Twilight Zone: Rod Serling Edition (Rittenhouse Archives, 2019)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
If that is true they screwed everyone who purchased the product

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Victory_is_Mine!!:
I guess I missed seeing that one pop up. I didn't get that for mine, when it went to a private collector. Plus, when I called Rittenhouse to let them know which one I found, I was told that #1 and #5 were never inserted and were kept in their vault. No other explanation as to why.

That's shocking if true. Only 3 out of the 5 where issued? Wrong in every way.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jeff Allender's checklist site has the odds of pulling the cut at 1:100,000 packs. Well for that series boxes were numbered to 5000 with 40 packs per box. That makes 200,000 packs overall. If those odds are correct, that puts exactly 2 of the cuts in packs.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I've dealt with Cut signature cards from RA.

They keep 1 card for their Archives. They usually keep a couple for replacement purposes. If 2 or 3 were in put into packs , it would make sense that they would keep one for replacements....

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
I've dealt with Cut signature cards from RA.

They keep 1 card for their Archives. They usually keep a couple for replacement purposes. If 2 or 3 were in put into packs , it would make sense that they would keep one for replacements....

For cards that rare they shouldn't keep any. If a replacement needs to be made, make a new one.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I have seen where some card makers released highly limited numbered hits, but also maintained unnumbered copies of the card that could be hand numbered if they needed them to replace a damaged or missing card on a claim. That seems like a sensible solution when you are talking about cards that are advertised as being so rare, its hard to keep any extra inventory for customers or copies for their own archives or vaults.

When card collectors hear that there are 5 Serling cuts, or even 50 Serling cuts made for a product, there is a certain expectation that they have all gone into the packs. Those of us who have been around awhile realize that is probably not the case and that collectors could never in fact know or prove the actual number seeded. Some numbered copies of very short prints are just never reported as found and its not conclusive either way. The card makers may give out accurate ratios, but not actual numbers on something that has become unfortunately a general practice for many of them.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I'll give you one guess why I quit collecting.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased a case and here is what was contained in boxes 1742, 0581, 0060, 4432, 3564, 2553, 4570, 4833, 3096, 5434, 1030, and 1864.

96 Portfolio Prints by Juan Ortiz (missing J-22, J-40 and J-41 plus 7 duplicates).
18 Stars of the Twilight Zone (complete set plus 6 duplicates)
12 Portfolio Prints Character Art Card (complete set plus 3 duplicates)
5 Metal Cards (William Shatner, Jack Klugman, Ed Wynn, Russell Johnson and Cliff Robinson)
1 M2 Monologue Case Topper

25 Autographs (yes, there were two autograph cards in one pack-I got lucky!)
A150 Nehemiah Persoff as Carl Lanser in "Judgment Night" (Regular) (Limited)
A151 Daniel Kulick as Jo-Jo in "On Thursday We Leave For Home" (Regular) (Limited)
A152-a Denise Lynn as Little Girl in "Stopover in a Quiet Town" (Regular) (Limited)
A152-b Martin Landau as Major Ivan Kuchenko in "Jeopardy's Room" (Regular) (Very Limited)
A154 Ann Jillian as Ilse in "Mute" (Regular) (Limited)
A155 Ron Hagerthy as Ben in "Dead Man's Shoes " (Regular) (Limited)
A156 John Considine as McClure in "The Thirty-Fathom Grave" (Regular) (Limited)
A157 Barbara Barrie as Myra Russell in "Miniature" (Regular) (Limited)
A158 Johnny Eiman as Pitcher in "The Fugitive" (Regular) (Limited)
A160 Darryl Richard as Thompson in "The Changing of the Guard" (Regular) (Limited)
A161 Carol Byron as Carol Chase in "Ninety Years Without Slumbering" (Regular) (Limited)
A162 William Swan as Technician in "The Long Morrow" (Regular) (Limited)
A164 Jim Houghton as Jerry in "The Last Rites of Jeff Myrtlebank" (Regular) (Limited)
A165 Shelley Fabares as Ellen Tillman in "Black Leather Jackets" (Regular) (Limited)
A166 Carol Rossen as Lieutenant's Girl in "Back There" (Regular) (Limited)
A167 Morgan Brittany as Little Girl in "Nightmare as a Child" (Regular) (Limited)
A168 Morgan Brittany as Little Girl in "Valley of the Shadow" (Regular) (Limited)
A169 Jim E. Titus as Young Horace in "The Incredible World of Horace Ford" (Regular) (Limited)
A170 Michael Gorfain as Timmy Danvers in "You Drive" (Regular) (Limited)

AI-3 Bill Mumy as Anthony Fremont in "It's a Good Life" (Scarce)
AI-7 Earl Holliman as Mike Ferris in “Where is Everybody” (Scarce)
AI-10 Morgan Brittany/Suzanne Cupito as Susan in "Caesar and Me" (Scarce)
AI-12 Ruta Lee as Flora Gordon in "A Short Drink From a Certain Fountain" (Scarce)
AI-15 Veronica Cartwright as Anne in "I Sing The Body Electric" (Extremely Limited)

DA-2 Dana Dillaway as Karen Rodgers and Veronica Cartwright as Annne Rogers in “I Sing the Body Electric.”

Well done Rittenhouse! This is a fantastic set! Now if you (Rittenhouse) could issue another original Outer Limits set that would be fantastic news!

Posts: 29 | Location: East Stroudsburg, PA | Registered: December 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well done on that break Andrew! Clap If I'm not mistaken I believe I sold you a sealed Elizabeth Allen autograph on eBay several years ago. Now I wish I had it back. Frown

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Logan. You have a very good memory as I did indeed purchase a sealed Elizabeth Allen autograph card from you on eBay. I still have the card as this is one of my all-time favorite autograph cards! Thank you once again. A bit off topic, if I may, but I now have a craving for some Old Forge pizza.

Posts: 29 | Location: East Stroudsburg, PA | Registered: December 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Nolan:
A bit off topic, if I may, but I now have a craving for some Old Forge pizza.

A very wise choice. Big Grin Might I recommend Salerno's, Revello's, and/or Arcaro & Genell's if you're ever up this way. Drool Wavey

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Haven't got a spare Ann Jillian double by any chance ? Wink

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
Haven't got a spare Ann Jillian double by any chance ? Wink

Rittenhouse did a very nice job with collation as I did not receive one duplicate autograph card in the entire case! Sorry!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:

A very wise choice. Big Grin Might I recommend Salerno's, Revello's, and/or Arcaro & Genell's if you're ever up this way. Drool Wavey

Thumb Up

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I need these base:

Can anyone help

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'll be able to help Steve, I just need to go through the base from the 2 boxes I picked up at the show.

quote:
Originally posted by stevetrek:
I need these base:

Can anyone help

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I picked up 2 boxes at the Chicago show this weekend.
Each box had the expected regular inserts.

My first box had these autos:
A-169 Jim E. Titus
DA-2 Dana Dillaway / Veronica Cartwright Thumb Up

Box number 2 had these:
Mirrorboard Character Card M3 Billy Mumy Clap
A-152 Denise Lynn
AI-1 William Shatner "Bob Wilson" inscription Bouncey

VERY happy with everything!!!

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Awesome pulls Greg! Congrats! Clap

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well done Greg, great result. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Awesome, Greg! Very nice pulls!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post