Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Galaxy 6 (Topps 2011)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Galaxy 6 (Topps 2011)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted
Wow, first time I've gotten to start a box break thread!

I bought one box today at my local shop and it was a pretty good one.

My box had really poor collation of the foil and etched foil inserts.

Foils
#1 Luke (3)
#2 Young Obi-Wan
#3 Darth Maul
#9 Boba Fett (2)
#10 Darth Vader (2)

Bronze Foil
#5 Han Solo

Etched Foils
#1 Durge and Aura Sing
#6 Dengar and IG-88 (2)

Sketches
Greedo - Rachel Kaiser

Cute Cartoon Emperor - Nina Edlund - Artist did 25 total sketches

Sketchagraph
Amy Allen as Ayla Secura sketched by Tim Proctor

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DewMan,

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
So, you got 3 sketches in one box?

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All of the boxes are loaded. MOST have two sketches, and some have three.

Topps outdid themselves on this set.

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
So, you got 3 sketches in one box?

Yeah. With the sketches, shaped sketches, and sketchagraphs combined, early case break reports show most boxes having two sketches. Sometimes three.

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I think initial orders were lower on Galaxy 6 than for Galaxy 4 and 5, mainly due to a goodly amount of the Galaxy 5 still being available from distributors to this day. It seems Topps has doubled up the sketches for Galaxy 6 since they commissioned enough for what was intended to be a larger print run.

This happened before with the recent Indiana Jones trilogy of sets. There was so much of Indy Crystal Skull and Indy Heritage left over, that when the time came for orders of Indy Masterpieces, the pre-orders for it were miniscule. At that point, Topps, having comissioned enough sketches for a much larger print run for Indy Masterpieces, instead lowered it dramatically and at that point, were able to double up on the sketches for Masterpieces. Good for those who got them, plus it was the nicest of the set, base cards wise.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ok. Box 3: Quite possible the BEST box break I have had ever. Definately in a while with a couple of firsts...

My first Printing Plate and an Ultra Cool Colored Watto by Banky.

And as I found these two in the center row of the box, I didn't think I would find another sketch but I kept breaking them all and the second to last pack yielded this GEM...First 1/1 card of this stature.

Needless to say, I will be breaking my last two boxes of this stuff !!!!

Posts: 3 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
And as I found these two in the center row of the box, I didn't think I would find another sketch but I kept breaking them all and the second to last pack yielded this GEM...First 1/1 card of this stature.

I've never seen a foil refractor before, that's fabulous

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This

Posts: 3 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
and this

Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Jazz Lives:

Great pull, if you ever want to sell that card look no further Wink

Seriously, I'd do almost anything for refractor on this set, they look somehow better than the ones form the previous two Galaxy sets.

Those sketches look awesome.

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
wow, quite an impressive pull!

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Everything looks so amazing!

I can't wait for my boxes to arrive.

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are my case pulls (close to the 1.5 sketch per box average) and of course some of these will be hitting ebay. Try and get some of what I paid back.

Posts: 29 | Location: Shelbyville, KY | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
2 boxes worth-

Etched cards-
2, 3 x2, 4 x2, 5, 6

Foils-
Bronze- 5, 8
Silver- 1 x2, 2 x2, 3 x2, 4 x2, 5 x2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Gold- 3 004/600

Hart

Hendrickson

Rorie

Oatney

Suckadelic

Mead

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
got 1 box
Lawrence Reynolds
Jamie Snell
Sergey Safonov (Die-Cut)

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
I don't normally break Star Wars boxes, but I kept hearing about SW Galaxy 6, so I decided to try my luck with a box. Here's what happened:

Incomplete base set missing one card
33 extras
Etched Cards: 1, 5, 6
Foil Cards: 4, 5 (x2), 6 (x2), 7 (x2), 8, 9
Gold Parallel Foil Card: 9 (530/600)

Sketches: (I will put up pics later)

Sketchagraph of Shaak Ti illustrated by Jamie Snell and signed by the actress.

Dennis Budd B/W Obi Wan Kenobi

Twynsunz' Matt Glebe's Emperor in full color (this one is GORGEOUS)

It was a really awesome box and I LOVE the sketchagraph format- it's really neat. (of course I would have LOVED a Carrie Fisher sketchagraph but oh well, the Shaak Ti is gorgeous as well)

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but I do really appreciate the sketches you can find in these sets so I decide to break a few boxes.

I broke two boxes. The first box had three sketches and the second box had one sketchagrap. I can't complain: 4 sketches in two boxes. However, I think I'm going to see if I can move these and buy a sketch that is a bit more to my liking. Great product.

Ramos

Pronovost

O'Callaghan

Snell

Posts: 94 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: April 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
top sketch looks like cookie monster anyone else see it

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john the hat:
top sketch looks like cookie monster anyone else see it

Smile You're right, or a giant hot dog!! My 2 cases have been with Customs for 4 days now, hope they've left some for me to open!!

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post