Star Wars Galaxy 6 (Topps 2011)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4026073384/m/9577006995

March 11, 2011, 12:51 PM
Kevin F
Star Wars Galaxy 6 (Topps 2011)
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas:
My 2 cases have been with Customs for 4 days now, hope they've left some for me to open!!
That's how long my SketchLord packs were held captive by Customs, so hopefully they will be sending out the ransom demand soon so you can get your hands on them. Mine arrived the day after ParcelForce got their hands on them. That in turn was a Friday so I didn't get the packs till Monday as PF don't delivery on Saturdays unless you pay them another fee, £12 if I remember rightly Frown
March 11, 2011, 01:26 PM
Jason Wright
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:
My 2 cases have been with Customs for 4 days now, hope they've left some for me to open!!
That's how long my SketchLord packs were held captive by Customs, so hopefully they will be sending out the ransom demand soon so you can get your hands on them. Mine arrived the day after ParcelForce got their hands on them. That in turn was a Friday so I didn't get the packs till Monday as PF don't delivery on Saturdays unless you pay them another fee, £12 if I remember rightly Frown

I got all excited as I got a note from Royal Mail saying they had a parcel for me with a customs charge to pay. Quickly did the 30 mile round trip to the post office paid the £11.54 fee and be handed an A4 size package.

Inside was a single sketch card!! it was a "free" sample that an artist posted to me, only he put down on the forms that his "free" sample was worth $30 (Canadian $ that is) I got charged £3.54 vat and £8 handling fee, an expensive "free" sample. Should have realised it would be Parcelforce sending my cases and they're still at Customs!!! Can't wait much longer Mad
March 11, 2011, 02:25 PM
Kevin F
If your package has been sent by USPS then you can check its progress on their web site. This will tell you if Customs or PF now have it. If the last entry states that the overseas courier has attempted delivery......then that means Parcel Force have got it. There's a glitch in the US system that thinks that the PF code for 'Held awaiting customs fee payment' means 'attempted delivery'. Again, I found this out while waiting for my SketchLords packs. Pepper at SketchLords thought there had been an attempt to deliver order. I then played music telephones finding out where they actually were Mad
March 13, 2011, 04:28 AM
chesspieceface
Here are 4 boxes worth of goodness.
6 regular sketches, a sketchagraph, a die cut, and a printing plate. There were also 2 of the gold foil cards, not shown.

Box 1: Color Ewok by Jerry "Franchize" Gaylord

Box 2: Sandtrooper by Rhiannon Owens
Ben Kenobi by Wilson Ramos Jr.
CYAN Print Plate (#54)

Box 3: Hammerhead by Brent Engstrom
Stormtrooper by Kevin Liell
Sketchagraph by Sean Pence signed by Jake Lloyd

Box 4: Darth Nihilus by Steven Miller and a Luke Skywalker Die-Cut sketch by Tyson Bodnarchuk.

Thanks for the ID on the Darth Nihilus, Ted!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

March 13, 2011, 07:35 AM
Ted Dastick Jr.
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:

Box 4: Darth "Question Mark" by Steven Miller

Darth Nihilus.
March 14, 2011, 04:43 PM
steve j
Hi all - I opened 1 case plus 3 boxes. Out of the 11 boxes I had 21 hits, thats almost 2 a box. Here are the better cards that I pulled.

Lin Workman, Rhiannan Owens, Randy Martinez
Eric Maell, Adam Hughes, Bob Stelvic
Matt Glebe, Aya - K, Art O'Callaghan

I have never had a haul of cards like this before. There were 3 shaped cards, one printing plate (yellow 23), one sketchagraph and 16 sketches. I couldn't open the boxes fast enough, I had to enlist the help of my wife to help. lol
March 14, 2011, 05:44 PM
hammer
Very Nice
March 14, 2011, 06:18 PM
justm
Nice haul Steve. What are the others like ?

March 14, 2011, 06:24 PM
tangent
Great mix, I particularly like the Workman and the Maell
March 16, 2011, 07:30 AM
Jason Wright
My 2 casess have been in UK Customs for 9 days now Mad
March 16, 2011, 09:23 AM
Kevin F
quote:
My 2 casess have been in UK Customs for 9 days now Mad
Definitely time to pick up the phone and speak firmly but politely to someone to find out what the heck they think they are playing at !
March 16, 2011, 09:31 AM
tangent
Okay, my order arrived in far distant Australia finally. The first case was a share, so here's my 6 boxes.

Box 1: Proctor space scene
Box 2: Sobol ??? + Hart Han in Cantina + Chris Ryniak wampa die cut
Box 3: Matt Minor Jar Jar Binks + Teranishi + Egan die cut
Box 4: Rabbitte

Box 5: sketchagraph Sohn / Mike Quinn, Busch
Box 6: David Day Han in carbonite, Desbois Jawa

I'm not usually a fan of the cartoon style, but the Hart really captures that scene. The Desbois is of course fabulous and I was very happy to pull the Proctor and Day since I am a scene (and vehicles) collector.

The full case was very odd. High on quality and low on quantity. No sketchagraph, 10 sketches, 2 die cuts and 2 printing plates.

Box 1: Steve Stanley Anakin + plate (Cyan 120)
Box 2: Kyle probe
Box 3: Doyle Yoda
Box 4: die-cut (Shawnimal) + Taniguchi Padme + Green Tuskan Raider

The Kyle will be the keeper, it's stunning and fits my vehicle collection perfectly. After that half, I wasn't really expecting much for the rest and then I got:

Box 5: Reed
Box 6: die-cut (Mitsu) + Standefer Ben (weird box, had 3 bronze foils)
Box 7: Sanna U Padme + Garbowska Ewok + plate (magenta 28)
Box 8: Rye (Hungerford I think)

As you can imagine, I am very happy Bouncey
March 23, 2011, 10:48 AM
Jason Wright
Here's the result of my case break, pulled a lovely sketch by the talented Mr Desbois and the refractor was the icing on the cake

No sketchograph but I shouldn't complain!
March 23, 2011, 12:46 PM
DavidDeb
my Aayla!Smile congrats
glad you like it! they aren't easy to find

March 23, 2011, 04:50 PM
Jason Wright
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
my Aayla!Smile congrats

Awesome is an understatement, I understand there were only 25 of your sketches in this product so I thought I'd hit the jackpot. And when the refractor fell out the next box I really couldn't believe my luck.

Shame somebody on here persuaded me to sell my other case but I think I picked the right one to open. I was so tempted to rip that other case open Dance
March 23, 2011, 05:36 PM
DavidDeb
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
my Aayla!Smile congrats

Awesome is an understatement, I understand there were only 25 of your sketches in this product so I thought I'd hit the jackpot. And when the refractor fell out the next box I really couldn't believe my luck.

Shame somebody on here persuaded me to sell my other case but I think I picked the right one to open. I was so tempted to rip that other case open Dance

some cases are better than others for sure!
There should be one with all my remaining unfound sketches stuffed in here, they must be somewhereSmile

March 23, 2011, 06:23 PM
Kevin F
quote:
Fortunately for me you resisted the temptation :-) I just hope the postman calls around reasonably early tomorrow rather than at, say, 12.55pm. Otherwise, I wont be able to examine the contents until in the evening. At least I have my Dark Zodiac pulls to look at in the meantime (See the Promos section or Scoundrel for piccies).
March 25, 2011, 01:02 AM
Gregore
Congrats to all with the great pulls.
Some of these cards are gorgeous.
As nice a set as this is the collation is really weird. I see some lucky folks got two printing plates in one case. We didn't see any. In fact, one box had no sketch cards at all - if it wasn't for the Topps seal I would have been suspicious. Oh well - we DID ,however, pull a Mark Hamill sketchagraph so I can't complain too much. Thumb Up
March 25, 2011, 02:38 AM
tangent
quote:
In fact, one box had no sketch cards at all - if it wasn't for the Topps seal I would have been suspicious. Oh well - we DID ,however, pull a Mark Hamill sketchagraph so I can't complain too much.

Duds has been a problem with this product, but nothing like past levels. It's been running about 1 box per 3-4 cases. Congratulations on the Hamill auto, are you going to post scans?
March 25, 2011, 09:44 AM
Kevin F
Well, it's taken a while but I'm finally able to post the results of my case break. It was an odd mix of boxes that included four with 3-hits each and four 1-hit wonders. There are definitely some good sketches in here along with a great sketchagraph from Lin Workman, a General Grievous die-cut that has real depth feel to the eyes and an interesting Printing Plate. From a scarcity point of view, the Joe Corroney 'Death Trooper' has to be the 'best' pull as he only did 25 sketches. For the puzzle hunters, the D Douglass sketch is marked 'EP.V 1/4'

Stephanie Swanger, Eli Rutter, Gabe Farber
Leigh Mangue, Denae Frazier, Sarah Wilkinson
Agnes Garbowska, Nolan Woodard, D Douglass

Joe Corroney, Lin Workman, Joe Hogan
Lou Pimentel (Die-cut), Ted Dastick Jnr, John Paul Kaiser (Die-cut)
Card 35 Actual, Magenta Plate, Back of plate