Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Avengers 3 (Strictly Ink)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Avengers 3 (Strictly Ink)
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
posted
Really pleased with my 1st case

741: Brian Kong sketch
742: Honor Blackman auto
743: Andy Fry sketch
744: Robert Hack sketch
745: Leah Mangue sketch
746: Potratz and Hai sketch
747: Ryan Orosco sketch
748: Robert Aragon sketch 1 of 2
749: Robert Aragon sketch 2 of 2
750: Jay Pangan sketch

All boxes contained 4 Gold Foil Avengers Fashion Cards

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
Didn't even realize this was live!

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by anthonyd:
Didn't even realize this was live!

Boxes have only just been sent out, eveyone should be getting theirs over the next couple of days.

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I picked up my 2 boxes and binder from the Royal Mail sorting office today.

Got 8 of the 9 Gold Foil Fashion cards.

Sketches

Emma Peel by John Gordon

Emma Peel by Kate Bradley Big Grin

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Nice sketches Thumb Up Which foil are you missing Raj?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
I received two boxes from a UK dealer yesterday, and received the following sketches: -

Shum
Deffenbach

The shum is better done than the Diffenbach. It's probably too embarrising to show the sketches on NSU.

The fashion cards are nicely done. The base set is monochrome and also nicely done. I was able to make up a fifth base set out of the left overs from the two boxes.

I am still to receive my boxes direct from Barrie.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas:
Nice sketches Thumb Up Which foil are you missing Raj?

I'm missing F4. I should be able to pick it up relatively easily. I'll probably pick up another box at some point.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by steve j:
I received two boxes from a UK dealer yesterday, and received the following sketches: -

Shum
Deffenbach

The shum is better done than the Diffenbach. It's probably too embarrising to show the sketches on NSU.

The fashion cards are nicely done. The base set is monochrome and also nicely done. I was able to make up a fifth base set out of the left overs from the two boxes.

Surprised you got poor sketches.I thought they were all suposed to be top of the line.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Received my 2 boxes and binders from across the pond yesterday. Got the following:

Chris Henderson Sketch (the fixative makes it feel laquered)

Thorson Autograph
A total of 8 of 9 Fashion inserts (missing #4 also)

Binders were nice and included F10 and Gold Foil Rigg card. Extras included were a P1 Avengers promo and a Hammer Horror Promo.

Inside one of the packing boxes, was a McNee autograph redemption! Barrie says it was a case bonus that he just packs in customer orders.

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:

Looking at your case break I have 1 question, are the autographs only 1 per case? Just curious since I bought a dozen packs last night and pulled an Honor Blackman autograph.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
[
Looking at your case break I have 1 question, are the autographs only 1 per case? Just curious since I bought a dozen packs last night and pulled an Honor Blackman autograph.

SI web-site says 1-2 sketch/auto per box

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
[

SI web-site says 1-2 sketch/auto per box

So no official odds? Looking at the breakdowns so far no box has had more than 1 hit and there have only been 2 autos pulled.

-Goethe

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

There is only 1 hit per box, although 1 of my packs in another break had 2 sketches. I busted about 5 or 6 cases and did average 1 per case on autos although 1 case had 2 in. That was pretty amazing to find a Blackman auto by buying a few packs, they're going for about £70-80 on ebay at the moment.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK and now for my case with boxes 1481-1490

Case cards Gold sketch card by Carolyn Edwards and Patrick McNee auto redemption card, promos and 2x Fashion 10 cards

Box 1481
Honor Blackman auto
Fashion 2, 3, 4 and 5

Box 1482
Chris Henderson sketch ( very thick lacquer I think )
Robert Aragon sketch in the same pack as above
Fashion 1, 2, 6 and 8

Box 1483
Leah Mangue sketch
Fashion 1, 4, 5 and 9

Box 1484
Rich Woodall sketch
Fashion 2, 3, 6 and 7

Box 1485
Gary Ochiltree sketch
Fashion 1, 4, 8 and 9

Box 1486
Howard Shum sketch of Mrs Peel ?
Fashion 3, 5, 6 and 7

Box 1487
I should know but I'm not sure who did the Sketch on the left of the bottom row
Fashion 1, 2, 4 and 9

Box 1488
Again I should know but I'm not sure who did the Sketch on the middle of the bottom row
Fashion 3, 5, 7 and 9

Box 1489
Sketch by Don Pedicini Jr
Fashion 2, 4, 6 and 8

Box 1490
Howard Shum sketch of Steed
Fashion 1, 5, 7 and 9

First the gold sketch case card by Carolyn Edwards and the second sketch by Howard Shum

Now the rest of the sketches

My favourites are the Edwards, Ochiltree and Pedicini ;-)

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
12 packs from my local card/comic shop

-Goethe

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Released in 2010. The set is also self-identified as "The Avengers Additions - The Archive Collection" and is identified as "The Avengers 3 GOLD" at the Strictly Ink website. Boxes hold 30 packs of 5 cards, 10 boses per case. Expect 2.69 base sets of 54 if collation were perfect.

BOX 0785

Base cards: 2 complete sets of 54, 34 threes, 4 fours [1 extra pack]
Gold Foil Avengers Fashion Cards (9, 1: 8 packs): F2 F3 F6 F7
Hand-Drawn Sketch Card (???, with autos 1: 30 packs): MEL ?????
Main Stars Cast Autograph Cards (3, 1:200 packs): none

BOX 0786

Base cards: 2 complete sets of 54, 34 threes, 4 fours [1 extra pack]
Gold Foil Avengers Fashion Cards (9, 1: 8 packs): F1 F4 F8 F9
Hand-Drawn Sketch Card (???, with autos 1: 30 packs): Chris Henderson
Main Stars Cast Autograph Cards (3, 1:200 packs): none

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Nice sketch from the latest Strictly Ink deal.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Those cards are all great, especially the Honor Blackman autograph. I loved The Avengers when I was a kid, it was a great show!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I hope you'll all like Avengers 50th Anniversary, there will be a sketch and auto card in every box with 2 or 3 dual autos in the set. Looks like Charles Hall is on for this set!!