Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Avengers 3 (Strictly Ink)

This topic can be found at:
http://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4026073384/m/956106583

March 03, 2010, 02:39 PM
Jason Wright
Avengers 3 (Strictly Ink)
Really pleased with my 1st case

741: Brian Kong sketch
742: Honor Blackman auto
743: Andy Fry sketch
744: Robert Hack sketch
745: Leah Mangue sketch
746: Potratz and Hai sketch
747: Ryan Orosco sketch
748: Robert Aragon sketch 1 of 2
749: Robert Aragon sketch 2 of 2
750: Jay Pangan sketch

All boxes contained 4 Gold Foil Avengers Fashion Cards

March 04, 2010, 10:48 AM
anthonyd
Didn't even realize this was live!
March 04, 2010, 07:12 PM
Jason Wright
quote:
Originally posted by anthonyd:
Didn't even realize this was live!


Boxes have only just been sent out, eveyone should be getting theirs over the next couple of days.
March 06, 2010, 05:57 PM
Raj
I picked up my 2 boxes and binder from the Royal Mail sorting office today.

Got 8 of the 9 Gold Foil Fashion cards.

Sketches

Emma Peel by John Gordon


Emma Peel by Kate Bradley Big Grin
March 06, 2010, 06:56 PM
Jason Wright
Nice sketches Thumb Up Which foil are you missing Raj?
March 07, 2010, 04:29 AM
steve j
I received two boxes from a UK dealer yesterday, and received the following sketches: -

Shum
Deffenbach

The shum is better done than the Diffenbach. It's probably too embarrising to show the sketches on NSU.

The fashion cards are nicely done. The base set is monochrome and also nicely done. I was able to make up a fifth base set out of the left overs from the two boxes.

I am still to receive my boxes direct from Barrie.
March 07, 2010, 07:30 AM
Raj
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas:
Nice sketches Thumb Up Which foil are you missing Raj?


I'm missing F4. I should be able to pick it up relatively easily. I'll probably pick up another box at some point.
March 09, 2010, 08:44 AM
Triple-Frog
[QUOTE]Originally posted by steve j:
I received two boxes from a UK dealer yesterday, and received the following sketches: -

Shum
Deffenbach

The shum is better done than the Diffenbach. It's probably too embarrising to show the sketches on NSU.

The fashion cards are nicely done. The base set is monochrome and also nicely done. I was able to make up a fifth base set out of the left overs from the two boxes.

Surprised you got poor sketches.I thought they were all suposed to be top of the line.
March 09, 2010, 02:06 PM
glim
Received my 2 boxes and binders from across the pond yesterday. Got the following:

Chris Henderson Sketch (the fixative makes it feel laquered)

Thorson Autograph
A total of 8 of 9 Fashion inserts (missing #4 also)

Binders were nice and included F10 and Gold Foil Rigg card. Extras included were a P1 Avengers promo and a Hammer Horror Promo.

Inside one of the packing boxes, was a McNee autograph redemption! Barrie says it was a case bonus that he just packs in customer orders.
March 27, 2010, 12:16 PM
Incarnadine
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas:
Really pleased with my 1st case

741: Brian Kong sketch
742: Honor Blackman auto
743: Andy Fry sketch
744: Robert Hack sketch
745: Leah Mangue sketch
746: Potratz and Hai sketch
747: Ryan Orosco sketch
748: Robert Aragon sketch 1 of 2
749: Robert Aragon sketch 2 of 2
750: Jay Pangan sketch

All boxes contained 4 Gold Foil Avengers Fashion Cards


Looking at your case break I have 1 question, are the autographs only 1 per case? Just curious since I bought a dozen packs last night and pulled an Honor Blackman autograph.

____________________
"Man muss entweder der Hammer oder der Amboss sein" (you must be the hammer or the anvil)

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)


March 27, 2010, 12:27 PM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
[
Looking at your case break I have 1 question, are the autographs only 1 per case? Just curious since I bought a dozen packs last night and pulled an Honor Blackman autograph.


SI web-site says 1-2 sketch/auto per box
March 27, 2010, 12:34 PM
Incarnadine
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
[
Looking at your case break I have 1 question, are the autographs only 1 per case? Just curious since I bought a dozen packs last night and pulled an Honor Blackman autograph.


SI web-site says 1-2 sketch/auto per box


So no official odds? Looking at the breakdowns so far no box has had more than 1 hit and there have only been 2 autos pulled.

____________________
"Man muss entweder der Hammer oder der Amboss sein" (you must be the hammer or the anvil)

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)


March 27, 2010, 05:06 PM
Jason Wright
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas:
Really pleased with my 1st case

741: Brian Kong sketch
742: Honor Blackman auto
743: Andy Fry sketch
744: Robert Hack sketch
745: Leah Mangue sketch
746: Potratz and Hai sketch
747: Ryan Orosco sketch
748: Robert Aragon sketch 1 of 2
749: Robert Aragon sketch 2 of 2
750: Jay Pangan sketch

All boxes contained 4 Gold Foil Avengers Fashion Cards


Looking at your case break I have 1 question, are the autographs only 1 per case? Just curious since I bought a dozen packs last night and pulled an Honor Blackman autograph.


There is only 1 hit per box, although 1 of my packs in another break had 2 sketches. I busted about 5 or 6 cases and did average 1 per case on autos although 1 case had 2 in. That was pretty amazing to find a Blackman auto by buying a few packs, they're going for about £70-80 on ebay at the moment.
March 27, 2010, 05:28 PM
dis68
OK and now for my case with boxes 1481-1490

Case cards Gold sketch card by Carolyn Edwards and Patrick McNee auto redemption card, promos and 2x Fashion 10 cards

Box 1481
Honor Blackman auto
Fashion 2, 3, 4 and 5

Box 1482
Chris Henderson sketch ( very thick lacquer I think )
Robert Aragon sketch in the same pack as above
Fashion 1, 2, 6 and 8

Box 1483
Leah Mangue sketch
Fashion 1, 4, 5 and 9

Box 1484
Rich Woodall sketch
Fashion 2, 3, 6 and 7

Box 1485
Gary Ochiltree sketch
Fashion 1, 4, 8 and 9

Box 1486
Howard Shum sketch of Mrs Peel ?
Fashion 3, 5, 6 and 7

Box 1487
I should know but I'm not sure who did the Sketch on the left of the bottom row
Fashion 1, 2, 4 and 9

Box 1488
Again I should know but I'm not sure who did the Sketch on the middle of the bottom row
Fashion 3, 5, 7 and 9

Box 1489
Sketch by Don Pedicini Jr
Fashion 2, 4, 6 and 8

Box 1490
Howard Shum sketch of Steed
Fashion 1, 5, 7 and 9



First the gold sketch case card by Carolyn Edwards and the second sketch by Howard Shum



Now the rest of the sketches



My favourites are the Edwards, Ochiltree and Pedicini ;-)
March 28, 2010, 06:07 PM
Incarnadine
12 packs from my local card/comic shop





____________________
"Man muss entweder der Hammer oder der Amboss sein" (you must be the hammer or the anvil)

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)


January 17, 2011, 12:16 AM
allender
Released in 2010. The set is also self-identified as "The Avengers Additions - The Archive Collection" and is identified as "The Avengers 3 GOLD" at the Strictly Ink website. Boxes hold 30 packs of 5 cards, 10 boses per case. Expect 2.69 base sets of 54 if collation were perfect.

BOX 0785

Base cards: 2 complete sets of 54, 34 threes, 4 fours [1 extra pack]
Gold Foil Avengers Fashion Cards (9, 1: 8 packs): F2 F3 F6 F7
Hand-Drawn Sketch Card (???, with autos 1: 30 packs): MEL ?????
Main Stars Cast Autograph Cards (3, 1:200 packs): none

BOX 0786

Base cards: 2 complete sets of 54, 34 threes, 4 fours [1 extra pack]
Gold Foil Avengers Fashion Cards (9, 1: 8 packs): F1 F4 F8 F9
Hand-Drawn Sketch Card (???, with autos 1: 30 packs): Chris Henderson
Main Stars Cast Autograph Cards (3, 1:200 packs): none
August 22, 2011, 05:45 AM
Triple-Frog


Nice sketch from the latest Strictly Ink deal.
August 22, 2011, 06:52 PM
cardaddict
Those cards are all great, especially the Honor Blackman autograph. I loved The Avengers when I was a kid, it was a great show!
August 23, 2011, 03:57 AM
Jason Wright
I hope you'll all like Avengers 50th Anniversary, there will be a sketch and auto card in every box with 2 or 3 dual autos in the set. Looks like Charles Hall is on for this set!!