Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Pulp Detectives (Cult Stuff 2012)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pulp Detectives (Cult Stuff 2012)
 Login/Join

Picture of Zero
posted
I got three packs numbered 072 (top row), 073 (middle row) and 076 (Bottom row) /360.

As well as three basic sets I got sketches top to bottom from Adam Black, Joshua Werner and Robert Hack.

Top row has a bonus tenth card with a signed version (by Aly Fell) on the bottom row.

The middle card is a Cult-Stuff-Magno-Card and the right are two parts of a nine part canavas puzzle.

Was hoping for a Hack cover sketch so delighted with that. No sign of a checklist so don't know how rare the other chase cards are but with only 360 packs they are all pretty rare!

Posts: 191 | Location: Cheshire, UK | Registered: January 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have just received 2 packs both marked as Pack Type B and numbered 071 and 086 of 360.

Each contained 9 base cards although there was no card marked number 5

In addition Pack 071 contained canvas puzzle card marked B1 and a sketch card by Tim Dowler plus base card 7 signed by Joshua Werner.

In addition Pack 086 contained canvas puzzle card marked B3 and a sketch card by Dan Gorman. plus card 10 which appears to be the full picture for the 9 canvas card puzzle. This puzzle is different to Zero's cards as they appear to make up the picture shown on base card 7.

Also enclosed was another envelope marked "Promos!".

The Promos were RMS Titanic P1
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes P1 (A)
The Art of Aly Fell P1
The Art of Burlesque BP1
Bram Stoker's Dracula P1

My overall package also contained a magno card again different to what Zero has posted as a mini chase card from Dixon's Vixens.

I will post pictures later.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JOHN LEVITT,

Posts: 2122 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
Jason has said elsewhere that packs marked A contain pieces from the Josh Werner canvas puzzle and packs marked B contain pieces from the Aly Fell canvas puzzle. 180 packs of each although, judging by your pack numbers and mine, the numbering is not straighforward!

Would love to see that magno card. Are you saying that it was loose in the package? I got a superb Patrick Hamill Titanic sketch card on top of everything else.

Posts: 191 | Location: Cheshire, UK | Registered: January 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Zero

I had forgotten that Jason had mentioned that tere were two different puzzles sets to collect.

The Magno Card and the mini chase card were outside of any of the three envelopes that my package consisted of although they were between two envelopes and thus fully protected from damage during the postal delivery process. I have no idea why though.

regards

John

Posts: 2122 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are my scans of the two sketches and the Magno card

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Dan Gorman Sketch

Tim Fowler Sketch

Magno card

Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
Ah, its the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes MP2 magno promo. Nice. Scott Houseman did the art I believe.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Alright! Nice sketches and I am very happy to see that these are shipping! Now I just need to wait for them to travel across the pond... Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
Just saw these.
Very impressed with the card art. Made me wish the set was five times larger.
Wish something a bit more interesting had been done with the card backs, but all in all a very cool looking set.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeFitz:
Wish something a bit more interesting had been done with the card backs.

I agree. The intent was more information and history but the set was cut down and the backs had to be changed at very short notice as without the rest of the cards they didn't work. Aly, Robert and Josh's work is fantastic however and we got all three of the basic card artists to do sketches so I was happy with that.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received pack #75/360, Type A.

In addition to the 9-card base set, I received canvas puzzle card A2 and a Magno-Card. I didn't received any bonus cards or additional sketches but I am VERY pleased with the sketch that I did receive:

Sketch card by Stephanie Rosales.

I've seen a few sketches now that have been pulled from this set and I have to say - the one that I got is my favorite! Clap A Dame with a Gun. What else could I want from a set like this? Big Grin

This is a really cool set. I love the art on the base cards and I am really happy with my pulls. Oh, and thanks for the promo pack - that was super-cool, too! Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
Nice sketch Debi. The only other sketch i've bought (so far) on top of my three packs was another one of Stephanie's. She's new to me but I like her style!

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Zero. Stephanie's work is also new to me but I'm glad that she's on this set! Hope to see more of her work in the future.

posted Hide Post
Stephanie's sketch looks great. Is this a normal size card? Looks a little larger than normal.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's normal sized. It's just that when I insert a single scanned image from Photobucket (vs. multiple images)into a thread, they show up looking ginormous! Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Opened 5 packs:

Inserts
Robert Hack Magno Card
Josh Werner Magno Card
Canvas Puzzle Cards - A1,A2,A3,A5 & A7
Bonus Base Card #10 x2
5 Base Sets

Sketches
Don Pedicini Jr., Adam Black, Dan Gorman
Josh Werner, Tim Dowler

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I got a pack at Memorabilia - Pack Type B - 343/360 (thanks to Jason of Cult Stuff for this!) and pulled the Aly Fell autographed card and this piece of Robert HAck art:

Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I got pack B # 301 / 360

I got the full 9 card set

Canvas chase card B2

Robert Hack sketch card.

I love the 50's style dime novels and the pictures of the book covers on each card make you wish you could go read the book.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post