Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Mandalorian Chrome (Topps, 2022)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Mandalorian Chrome (Topps, 2022)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Boxes are 18 packs per box and 4 cards per pack. I opened 2 boxes:

Season 1 base - 43/50 cards (no duplicates)
Season 2 base - 38/50 cards (no duplicates)
Short Print base - 0/25 cards
Season 1 refractor parallels - 17/50 cards (no duplicates)
Season 2 refractor parallels - 17/50 cards (no duplicates)

1 - Blue refractor base parallel (##/99)
1 - Purple refractor base parallel (##/75)

Concept Art inserts - 6/25 cards (no duplicates)
Armored & Ready inserts - 6/10 cards (no duplicates)
Chrome Comic Covers - 2-5 card sets and 2 duplicates

Diana Lee Inosanto as Magistrate Morgan Elsbeth autograph
Matthew Wood as Bib Fortuna autograph

B & W sketch of The Mandalorian by Andrew Perkins

Posts: 1358 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's great that you got hardly any duplicates but you needed to buy two boxes just to get pretty close to a base set. Are you happy with what you got?

Posts: 4400 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I supported my local store and picked up a few boxes of this.

As much as I hate shiny cards these do look really nice. As usual the autograph pulls were sad.

Will post a breakdown later on.

Posts: 4858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Opened 3 boxes,
18 packs per box, 4 cards per pack
Completed S1 & S2 base sets
22 total extra base cards
28 S1 refractors
23 S2 refractors
0 extra refractors
8 CC
9 AR
11 IC
1 variation refractor
3 autos
3 parallels
18 Comic

Overall grade C-/D+
Pros - chrome, AR and Art chase designs.
Cons - only 18 packs, 1 auto, & 1 parallel per box, at least three boxes just to get a base set, duplicate comic chase, and cost.

Posts: 4230 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking of getting one. I see one dealer with boxes under $60 plus shipping. Some of the autographs are not great, though - one letter or initials, and one looks like a simple line drawing of a sailboat on a calm bay. I haven't seen a bad sketch yet and there are some good ones but the odds are low to pull one.

Posts: 4400 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Last week, I looked at the autograph list. I thought it would be great to get a Carl Weathers or Werner Herzog. Then, I made the move and got a box for under $70 shipped. It arrived on Wednesday and I opened it that night. The cards looked great and then on the ninth pack, I saw a red refractor flash as I peeled away the wrapper. Is that real? It's a red refractor Werner Herzog autograph numbered in gold foil out of 5.

As for the complete breakdown of the box:

Season 1 base - 17/50 cards (no duplicates)
Season 2 base - 19/50 cards (1 duplicate)
Short Print base - 0/25 cards
Season 1 refractor parallels - 8/50 cards (no duplicates)
Season 2 refractor parallels - 9/50 cards (no duplicates)

0 - base parallel variation refractors
0 - die-cuts

Concept Art inserts - 3/25 cards (no duplicates)
Armored & Ready inserts - 3/10 cards (no duplicates)
Comic Book Covers - 1 sets and 1 duplicates

Needless to say, I'm very happy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 4858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks. What did you get from your boxes?

I've watched a couple of box breaks from sports card dealers. It seems a decent number have a base parallel refractor. The dealers doing the breaks note that the cards are for someone else. I noticed that they are overhandling the cards a little when they open the packs. I assume they are little more careful when they open their own sports card packs.

quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Nice!