Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Trek: Classic Movies Heroes & Villains (Rittenhouse, 2011)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek: Classic Movies Heroes & Villains (Rittenhouse, 2011)
 Login/Join

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Speaking for myself, I had two boxes set aside for pack breaking clients and packs were sent out until the box ran dry from start to finish. I have a couple packs left over of the last box..and I rather dread opening htem as I'd prefer they went out the door sealed and that someone got the good cards.....I'd feel bad if I opened the last few packs and a Shatner or Nimoy popped out...
Though this same theme of cherry picking exists in cases....someone breaking a case until he gets the *good* box and selling the rest. I dont' see it as a premiim pack product issue.
It's why I like to pack up my orders first before I break any...so I know it's a done deal.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I know that since this premium pack thing started I have gotten at least 1 or 2 packs from the dealers I trust and have gotten good results. In fact on "small business Saturday" I dropped by my local comic store and picked up a pack and got the Shatner, my first from Trek, I was very happy.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rickll68
posted Hide Post
and I wouldn't have any problem purchasing single packs from you...it's the other 100 dealers out there I wouldn't trust Wink

Posts: 369 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:
Though this same theme of cherry picking exists in cases....someone breaking a case until he gets the *good* box and selling the rest. I dont' see it as a premiim pack product issue.

Its not a premium pack product issue, its an issue with this particular ST product because at least one of the two best autographs are guaranteed to be in every box. Both the Shatner and Nimoy price higher than the best cards in Eureka, Spartacus, Warehouse 13, Stargate and the other recent premium pack products that I can name. While traditional products like Bond have more expensive cards, they don't guarantee any of the highest priced cards such as the Brosnan and Craig autographs to be in a single case. Those cards are generally very limited and can't go all around.

That is the difference that puts this product at a higher risk for cherry picking than others. At least one big hit is guaranteed to be in there. Of course if you can afford a sealed box its not an issue at all.

And as I have already said, a reliable dealer will never do this with any product, so just be sure to use a solid source if buying loose packs.

Posts: 10379 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My pack finally came and i got some so so autos...
one of spocks father (yeah i SO wish it was the gentleman that played him in the tv show... drawing a blank on his name UGH) and some no named guy from "Search for spock". Oh well. Roll Eyes
For the inserts i got a gold die cut of McCoy... cant remember what else (im at work right now).

All in all i would buy another premium product in the future. I do like the concept. Big Grin

Posts: 116 | Location: USA | Registered: January 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rickll68
posted Hide Post
yes...the concept has grown on me also. My only other experience with a Premium pack release was with the Lost Relics set which only had autographs and costume cards which was nice, but didn't really make it as fun for me. With this set, I was glad to see the serial numbered base cards and inserts. For that reason alone, I was a big fan. Especially considering they are numbered to /550 on the base sets and less than that on the inserts. Over time, their collectibility will grow quite a bit...Mark my words Wink I hope Rittenhouse considers doing that for atleast the Parallel cards they make in other full releases such as in the Complete TNG Series 2 set....though I hope they'd do it with all their insert sets. It would be nice to have an understanding of how many possible sets are out there to collect and put together.

Posts: 369 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex
posted Hide Post
Stopped by my dealer this evening on my way home and his box was still not open. I wanted 2 pack and he also sold me the topper as well, which is the PC10 card. Here is my breakdown on my two packs;

1453/5625 Tribute Card T12, Die-Cut Commander Riker, D. Elliot Woods Auto, Michael Owen Auto

1267/5625 Tribute Card T6, Die-Cut Lt. Uhura, Gary Faga Auto, Leonard Nimoy Auto Bouncey

Yes, I would agree, over all very nice. Will I spend that again? You bet your life I would.

Posts: 54 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: February 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
congrats on the Nimoy! Big Grin

Posts: 116 | Location: USA | Registered: January 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex
posted Hide Post
Thank you

Posts: 54 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: February 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Finally picked up my binder and 'case', still sealed. I will savor it awhile before I open it:

Well, it's a few hours later. Here's what I got:

COMPLETE BASE SET
COMPLETE TRIBUTE SET
COMPLETE DIE-CUT SET
PC11 - LT. ILIA
A107 - DONNA MURPHY
A111 - PATTI YASUTAKE (X2)
A114 - JOHN HOSTETTER (X2)
A115 - HILARY HAYES (X2)
A116 - ALLAN MILER (X2)
A117 - ROBERT HOOKS (X2)
A118 - SCOTT DE VENNEY (X2)
A118 - BRENT SPINER
A121 - CHRISTIAN SLATER
A124 - JOSEPH RUSKIN
A125 - JONATHAN SIMPSON (X2)
A126 - LEONARD NIMOY
A127 - DAVID ORANGE (X2)
A128 - VIJAY AMRITRAJ (X2)
A129 - CONROY GEDEON - (X2)
A130 - JOHN PUTCH (X2)
A131 - D. ELLIOT WOODS
A132 - GARY FAGA (X2)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cardaddict,

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of watchers of watchers
posted Hide Post
looks nice! Great job with the nimoy!

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ajdedo
posted Hide Post
So I've been keeping track of the box breakdowns reported in this thread. So far 9 people have reported what they got. I find the distribution a bit uneven. The most valuable cards are the Shatner, Nimoy, Spiner, and Ruskin (according to ebay prices). And the strange thing is that it looks like the Spiner and Ruskin are almost always grouped together. So you either get BOTH the Spiner and Ruskin, or NEITHER. If you get neither, chances are there's a Zerbe instead, which is not much reassurance imo. Remember though, this is only observed from 9 out of 600? boxes. :-)

Box 1 - Nimoy - Patti - Zerbe
Box 2 - Nimoy - Patti - Zerbe
Box 3 - Shatner - Patti - Zerbe
Box 4 - Shatner - Patti - Spiner
Box 5 - Shatner - Patti - (Spiner - Ruskin)
Box 6 - Shatner - Patti - (Spiner - Ruskin)
Box 7 - Shatner - Patti - (Spiner - Ruskin)
Box 8 - Nimoy - Patti - (Spiner - Ruskin)
Box 9 - Nimoy - Patti - Zerbe - (Spiner - Ruskin)

It also seems that Patti Yasutake is in EVERY box, which is odd for a VL.

Posts: 146 | Location: Sunshine Coast, BC | Registered: April 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was very lucky (and everyone will be jealous)
X4 packets X4 John Putch as Journalist in Star Trek Generations auto cards Razz

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
Very strange. Eek

How did you buy the packs?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
Very strange. Eek

How did you buy the packs?

uk dealer omly had 2 packs,so i had another 2 from usa,

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
Here's how box 105 broke down:

1 base set
1 set of Tribute cards with 3 doubles
Short 1 card for a set of die-cut gold plaque cards but I have 2 doubles
Box topper PC11 Ilia

Autographs:
Donna Murphy (L)
Patti Yasutake (VL)
Anthony Zerbe (VL)
John Hostetter x2
Hilary Hayes x2
Allan Miller x2
Robert Hooks x2
Scott De Venney x2
William Shatner (VL)
Christian Slater (L)
Michael Owen x2
Jonathan Simpson x2
David Orange (L)
Vijay Amritraj x2
Conroy Gedeon x2
John Putch x2
D. Elliot Woods x2
Gary Faga x2

I really like the quality of the photos on the base set.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Hello curler Wave

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
Hello Hammer! I told you I would post again soon. Smile

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post