Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Thunderbirds 50th (Unstoppable Cards 2015)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thunderbirds 50th (Unstoppable Cards 2015)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted
Here is my breakdown on one case:

Not happy at all considering the sell sheet states 4-6 sketches with an average of 5. The 'special' landscape sketch has been drawn as a portrait. It's no surprise that I didn't get any of the rare inserts considering that a couple of dealers on Ebay seemed to have been fed the majority of them. Really can't see the point of inserting 3 sets of the same oversized cards. One would have done. This will be the last purchase I'll make from Unstoppable Cards direct.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Disappointing, never liked this 4-6 promise why should some people get 6 sketches and some get 4 for the same money? And you only got 3!! I see some of the top sketches are with the dealers!

Posts: 12159 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting for my box, order placed thru Unstoppable on Oct 30.

Is there any tracking info provided for orders ?

When did you guys get yours ?

Posts: 4720 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Disappointing, never liked this 4-6 promise why should some people get 6 sketches and some get 4 for the same money? And you only got 3!! I see some of the top sketches are with the dealers!

Shades of Cards Inc. Shake Head

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just don't like this format. I want to know exactly what I am getting in a box/case. I tried Wicker Man and Doctor Who Invasion Earth but based on the results there I passed on this.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay I faired a bit better but swings and roundabouts. I'll do a basic rundown rather than my usual indepth. So here goes:

Case 0961 - 0972

Not detailing the foils, each pair of boxes seems to make up a set of ten. So five sets and no extras after quick once through.

Case Topper. 3 x postcard set. Sylvia co-creator auto, stamp TB4, Parker Andy Fry sketch I think. Also contained David Graham/Kyrano auto to go with binder.

Box 0961 Joe Cuff Auto, Colour Sketch of Brains by Bruce Gerlach
Box 0962 Joe Cuff Auto, David Graham/Gordon DG2 auto.
Box 0963 Matt Zimmerman/Alan, Matt Zimmerman/Zombie.
Box 0964 David Graham/Gordon auto, sepia sketch of John (I think!) by Kevin Meinert

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
(No idea what happened there, lost half my content when posting!)
Anyway
Box 0965 Matt Zimmerman/Ned Cook auto, Shane Rimmer auto.
Box 0966 Jeremy Wilkin auto, B/w sketch of John and TB5 by Chris Henderson

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chopped short again! Giving up for now. Back with rest later.

posted Hide Post
OK. Back again. Continued-
0967 - Brian Johnson auto, David Elliott auto.
0968 - Joy Cuff Auto, colour Brains by Christopher Chamberlain.
0969 - David Graham/Brains auto, Matt Zimmerman/Alan auto.
0970 - Brian Johnson auto, colour T2 sketch by Jerry Fleming. Less said about the sketch the better.
0971 - Joy Cuff Auto, David Elliott auto
0972 - Jeremy Wilkin auto, B/W sketch of Tin Tin by Andy Fry.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Spencer Quist,

posted Hide Post
So all in all, ended up better off. Beat the odds on the sketches, sorry Graham. However was two autos short of a set, that pre sales said would be in the case.
That and one sketch card that looks like a four year old did it. Fired off an email to see what Unstoppable say about the missing autos. Sketches are hit and miss. Happy with the Fry and the Henderson though.

So in the interim between trying to post and getting cut off, had the two cards in the post this morning. Very nice, thanks Barrie. Hope you get sorted out over the sketch Graham.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
First Case:

Autos
SA1 - Sylvia Anderson/Lady Penelope
SR - Shane Rimmer/Scott Tracy
DG1 - David Graham/Aloysius Parker
DG2 - David Graham/Gordon Tracy
DG3 - David Graham/Brains
MZ - Matt Zimmerman/Alan Tracy (x2)
MZ2 - Matt Zimmerman/Ned Cook
MZ3 - Matt Zimmerman/Zombite Controller
DE - David Elliot/Director (x2)
BJ - Brian Johnson/Special Effects (x2)
JC - Joy Cuff/Puppetmaker (x3)
JW - Jeremy Wilkin/Virgil Tracy (x3)

Sketches
Jeff Abar, Tom Savage, Rich Molinelli
Christopher Chamberlain, Paul Williams

Foil Insert Set - 4 complete sets, 20 extras

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Autos
BJ - Brian Johnson / Special Effects (x2)
DE - David Elliot / Director (x3)
DG1 - David Graham / Aloysius Parker (x3)
DG2 - David Graham / Gordon Tracy (x2)
DG3 - David Graham / Brains
JC - Joy Cuff / Puppetmaker (x3)
MZ - Matt Zimmerman / Alan Tracy
MZ3 - Matt Zimmerman / Zombite Controller
SR - Shane Rimmer /Scott Tracy (x2)

I am missing:

JW - Jeremy Wilkin / Virgil Tracy
MZ2 - Matt Zimmerman / Ned Cook

Is SA1 - Sylvia Anderson / Lady Penelope a pack pulled auto (making 12 total) or a case card?

Sketches
Elbert Smith, Chris Henderson
Clay Sayre, Marcia Dye
Graham Bleathman, Westley James Smith

Foil Insert - 5 complete sets

Case Cards
Was short one TB1 oversize card

Box Numbers
How do you determine the box number? Mine do not have any numbers.

Posts: 10 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Any chance you can post pictures of the sketches? Just from the names looks like you got a way better selection than anyone else so far.

Was this a sealed case you bought direct from Unstoppable?

If so you should contact Barrie at Unstoppable about the missing autos. The Sylvia Anderson/Lady Penelope is pack pulled, there is a Sylvia Anderson/Co Creator which is a case topper so you are missing four autos in total.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I was going to say, it looks like you got some nice sketches just from the names of the artists

Posts: 12159 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wanted to post a scan of the sketches but as far as I can tell, you need a web site. I can email it if someone would like to post.

Yes, my case came direct from Unstoppable. I have emailed Barrie and they will make good on the missing autographs.

I did receive the SA2 Sylvia Anderson / Co-Creator autograph with my case. Was told the MZ2 - Matt Zimmerman / Ned Cook autograph was a fan club rare insert.

Posts: 10 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, the Ned Cook was to have been a club card but went into the cases instead. To be packet pulled.