Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Iron Man 3 (Upper Deck, 2013)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Iron Man 3 (Upper Deck, 2013)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I also hit on a "hot box" it had a Heroic Threads card in every pack. It was fun to get many of the costumes in one shot, but unfortunately there was at least 8 duplicates so I only got 16 different.No other inserts in the box but I'm not complaining. Smile

Is your middle name "Lucky" ?

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Any of your USA-ers got singles to spare...
10,11,18,21,22(2),25,26,27,32,35,41,44,45,46,50,51,52,59(2)
Would also welcome any parallels and a some pristine hobby wrappers and box.

Wave x4741@hotmail.com

thanks

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Got my lone box. I was super pleased.
1 Base set
20 foil cards
Hall of Armor HDA-13 (this looks better then I hoped)
Costumes HT-8 The Mandarin
HTTT-14 Happy Hogan, Pepper potts, and James Rhodes
A super awesome (could become the pride of my sketch card collection)of Madame Masque by Jed Thomas! (you rocked this one!)

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
wife opened 2 boxes tonight...

Costumes: HT-1, HT-8, HTD-3, HTD-16

a rather blah Ryan Kinkaid sketch card of Hulkbuster armor

only 1 Hall of Armor card Frown but that was made up by her pulling...

HTA-2 Rebecca Hall auto costume! Elephant Dance Metal

The final kicker of the night is we finally finished our HUGE Skylanders Giants set!

THANK YOU ED!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
wife opened 2 boxes tonight...

Costumes: HT-1, HT-8, HTD-3, HTD-16

a rather blah Ryan Kinkaid sketch card of Hulkbuster armor

only 1 Hall of Armor card Frown but that was made up by her pulling...

HTA-2 Rebecca Hall auto costume! Elephant Dance Metal

The final kicker of the night is we finally finished our HUGE Skylanders Giants set!

THANK YOU ED!

You're welcome Jake! Thumb Up

I love when people pull good stuff out of the boxes I send them. Clap

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
opened a case at the local Wednesday show. The case had exceedingly poor collation as far as the mem hits and I was shorted an auto to boot Mad

according to wrapper odds the actor autos are 1:144 and comic book artist/writers autos are 1:144 so one would think that you would get two of each. My case had 3 actor autos and zero comic book autos. The case did have 9 sketches which is one more than the odds but that has been the norm of pretty much every case that I've seen of this stuff so far. Anyway here are the hits:

8 Hall of Armor cards- these are very well done

The Rebecca Hall auto swatch was a nice hit

Single mem collation was an abomination- 4 of HT1, 2 of HT2, 3 of HT8- I was not very thrilled by this especially being that I love the design of the mem cards and it would have been nice to get more variety

I like the Hansen/Potts a lot

Bottom left triple has the Stark and Mandarin swatches in the wrong places Roll Eyes

Top left quad has 2 Mandarin swatches and no Stark piece Confused

for sketches I cannot locate an artist list so I'm not for sure on some of the ID's of artists and characters

Madame Masque? by Rhiannon Owens, Ms. Marvel by WDR?, Spiderwoman by Ashleigh Popplewell?, Krull by RMK?

? by Lord Mesa, Iron Man by Alex Magno, Iron Man by ?, Maria Hill? by DG?, Iron Man by Arturo?

thx and comments welcomed.

Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Nice Sketch pulls on your case!

Madame Masque is by Rhiannon
Spider-Woman - Ashleigh Popplewell
Thanos - Ryan Kincaid (I think that's his name)
Nova - Lord Mesa
Maria Hill (I think) - David Gueta maybe?

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
Any of your USA-ers got singles to spare...
10,11,18,21,22(2),25,26,27,32,35,41,44,45,46,50,51,52,59(2)
Would also welcome any parallels and a some pristine hobby wrappers and box.

Wave x4741@hotmail.com

thanks
Xtime, I have all the base cards that you need, Also the wrapper that costs $1.99 for 5 cards and the wrapper for the 30 cards. Let me know if you need these and send your snail-mail address. Thanks, Mister E. gsetn@yahoo.com

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Couple emails sent Mister E, did you receive?

Wave

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I resisted looking at this thread until I got my case. WOW, some great pulls here! I love all the sketch cards.

I opened 10 of the 12 boxes, hoping the unopened boxes will increase in value like The Avengers boxes have. I know, I'm a greedy SOB, what can I say? Anyway, here's what I got. Do you think I should open the 11th box and just keep one sealed?

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
That's a good strategy, those boxes will soon be gone, and the prices on them will increase.
The sketch set is easily on par with any of the all-color Rittenhouse sketch sets of recent years.

Looking at your break, I would bet your remaining sealed boxes between them hold at least one quad relic (maybe two) and possibly one more autograph, either comic or movie.

You might also have one of those 1 or 1 full patch relics they slipped in at the end, but go ahead, leave 'em sealed... Big Grin

Posts: 3319 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
...must...resist...temptation....to open...BOXES!!!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
open them! Open them!
I got one box and have one more box coming in next Monday. My first box was a blast and I got a killer Mademe Masque sketch. All the sketches have been top notch. I love the costume combonations too.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I am trying to get one more box, then I'll open at least one more of my two case boxes. I pulled a Rhiannon Owens sketch card, the first one I ever pulled from a pack. My immediate reaction was, "Wow, that's a nice sketch!" Then I saw the RO and was even happier!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Found jumbo retail packs at Target today.
Each pack has 30 cards.
Like Avengers it has two stickers.
You do get a longshot chance at hits.
The wrapper does not specify the size of the sticker set, so far the highest number I pulled was 39. Eek

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
There are 50 stickers in the set, tough to complete. Eek

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Anyone can help me by getting Jumbo retail packs for the stickers?

They don't have the retail here in Canada.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
I heard there are 57 different stickers, and I still have extra cards if anyone still need some.

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
50 stickers.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post