Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Trek TOS 50th Anniversary (Rittenhouse Archives, 2016)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek TOS 50th Anniversary (Rittenhouse Archives, 2016)
 Login/Join

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted
Picked up 2 boxes of this, one via mail order, one from my local shop. Here's what I got:

Box 2368 (from local shop)
1 full set of 80 cards , 34 extras
2 The Cage cards
2 Mirror-Mirror cards
2 autographs
Joan Swift as Aurelan Kirk Black border, Limited
Joan Collins as Edith Keeler, Silver Very Limited

Box 7171
1 full set of 80 cards, 33 extras
2 The Cage cards
2 Mirror-Mirror cards
1 Enterprise Concept Art (1/96)
2 Autographs
Sally Kellerman as Dr. Dehner, Black, Very Limited
Stewart Moss as Lt Joe Tormolen, Silver, Limited

A nice set, base cards are die cut with lots of foil trim. I think there could be more inserts with 33 extra base cards. There are 70 The Cage cards, good luck with your 35 boxes on completing that set. Many of the inserts are very rare, one per case, would loved to have pulled a Leonard Nimoy Tribute card.

There has been some concern about opening packs with the corners of the inserts getting dinged, considering the base cards are all cut off at corners. Autos include an extra blank card to provide support, and to prevent people from cherry-picking packs, there are also several of these blank cards inserted in regular packs.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
You did well Don!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bob! I also bought a few loose packs and pulled a Barbara Luna Limited auto.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok my breaks I got two boxes from eBay

Box one 1925

Full base

2 mirror mm41 and mm47
1 chase Chekov Bridge Crew Heroes

2 autos

Victor Brandt silver
Sabrina Scharf black frame

Box two 8083

Full base

2 mirror mm45 and mm16
1 Marlena Mirror, Mirror" Heroes Card

2 autos
Jack donner silver auto
Barbara Luna black frame

Also the seller added box promo card mp1

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tollickd,

Posts: 22 | Location: Cyprus | Registered: March 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I opened one box of this.

Box 9998 of 10000

1 base set
34 extra base cards
The Cage #5 and #44
Mirror Mirror #MM13 and #MM39
Antoinette Bower as Sylvia silver autograph (limited)
Michael Forest as Apollo, black autograph (limited)

The cards are well done. I just wish there had been a couple more chase cards in the box.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I also bought 2 boxes of this, put one aside, at least got a limited Spock Mirror Mirror card, so the money wasn't completely wasted, although it was 2 cards short of a complete base set. But these went into the closet along with the Bond box because it's another impossible to even think about completing set. Now where did I put those Xanax's?

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Not Impossible but Pricey....

finished 2 sets & got 2 of the Cut Signature Cards.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
Not Impossible but Pricey....

finished 2 sets & got 2 of the Cut Signature Cards.

Ahh, but you don't say how much product you broke. Wink

Pulling the 2 cut signatures made it a great deal for you.

Don't get me wrong, I liked this product, but I'm not a completest and was not after a base set or the insert sets. The autographs are my thing and I picked up several that were only available in much pricier versions, but are almost commons here.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
If I told you how much I broke....a lot of dealers would Cry. Plus I Pulled a 3rd Cut signature out of my Last Order... I made 3 different orders along the way.........

I did VERY Well.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post