Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    X-Files I Want To Believe 2008 (Inkworks)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Files I Want To Believe 2008 (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted
My one box Results:
In Search Of (1:11 packs)
S-7
S-8

Wanting to Believe (1:17 packs)
WB-5
WB-6

Back to Basics (1:24 packs)
BB-2 Scully

Pieceworks (1:24 packs)
PW-4 Shirt worn by Xzibit as Agent Drummy

Autograph (1:24 packs)
A2 Gillian Anderson (Dana Scully)

I think I got a good box!

Pics here now!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Master,

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Yes, I would say that's a very good box CongratsSmile

I wonder if there are as many David autos as there are Gillian, so far I've seen more Gillian autos around.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
If you was only going to buy one box, this was the one to get. Congrats Clap

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
going to buy one box, this was the one to get

Great box break Master Thumb Up

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Forever Man
posted Hide Post
Nice break Thumb Up

http://s155.photobucket.com/al...7/Shootingstarpress/
For Her I Can Be A Hero!

Posts: 158 | Location: Somewhere In Time | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Master:
My one box Results:
In Search Of (1:11 packs)
S-7
S-8

Wanting to Believe (1:17 packs)
WB-5
WB-6

Back to Basics (1:24 packs)
BB-2 Scully

Pieceworks (1:24 packs)
PW-4 Shirt worn by Xzibit as Agent Drummy

Autograph (1:24 packs)
A2 Gillian Anderson (Dana Scully)

I think I got a good box!

Pics here now!

You think....dude,you did!!!! Big Grin Lucky dog Thumb Up

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK, looks like the luck is with us Smile

Box 1 (#27200)

In Search Of: S2, S3 & S4
Wanting to Believe: WB4
Back to Basics: BB3
Pieceworks: PW12 (Agent Whitney)
AUTO: A4 Frank Spotnitz (producer/writer!)

Box 2 (#27200)

In Search Of: S1 & S8
Wanting to Believe: WB2 & WB3
Back to Basics: BB3
Pieceworks: PWR1 (Father Joe's Coat!)
AUTO: A7 Chris Owen

Box 3 (#27200)

In Search Of: S5 & S6
Wanting to Believe: WB6
Back to Basics: BB2
Pieceworks: PW4 (Xzibit!)
AUTO: A1 DAVID DUCHOVNY (FOX MOULDER!!!!!!!! Big Grin)

I did really well Big Grin One of the top autos, and only missing 4 chase cards Big Grin Not sure if Im going for the master set w/ all autos, guess we'll see Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chris Byrne,

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Forever Man
posted Hide Post
Awesome pull on the Duchovny Thumb Up

http://s155.photobucket.com/al...7/Shootingstarpress/
For Her I Can Be A Hero!

Posts: 158 | Location: Somewhere In Time | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
Chris,
Does David's autograph show-up better in person than it does on the scan?

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Big Grin

Arvin, yes it does.
I'm using the office computer with a 7 yr old screen, so the brightness is shot. I'll take a picture w/ a camera and show it. Smile

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the nice pulls Smile I cant wait to get mine (which I guess is two-three weeks away from me) Frown

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
One box today:

2 Base Sets with 16 extras

S6, S7
WB4
BB3

PW-4- XZibit shirt

A8- Sheila Larken as Margaret Scully(not the Scully card I wanted to pull or Mulder for that matter...LOL)

and XF-SDCC Smile

Which is good because I wanted an SDCC promo from the X-Files set. Smile

Val

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CordeliaChase_Fan,

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my box today. The hits:

I also got one Back to Basics cads (BB-2), two In Search Of cards (S-5, S-6), and one Wanting to Believe card (WB-3).

I bought two costume cards from this set off of ebay. One should be here by the end of this week and the other early next week. I'll scan the cards when I get them. Not sure if I'll buy more boxes. Maybe if I can get one for around $30.

xman25

Posts: 58 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Can't believe mine is the first case break here. Must not have been that popular.

I won't post the gory details box by box, just a summary

Back to Basics: 2 sets of 3, 4 extra #2

Wanting to Believe: 1 set, 3 short of second, lots of #5

In Search Of: NO Set Eek Missing #3, 3 short for 2nd set, LOTS of #5 and #6

Pieceworks:
PWR-1 Father Joe's Coat
PW-1 Mulder's Jacket
PW-4 Drummy's Shirt
PW-5 Father Joe's robe
PW-7 Skinner's Shirt
PW-8 Scully's Scrubs Bottoms and Labcoat Dual Clap
PW-9 Scully's Scrubs Top
PW-11 Agent Whitney's Blouse
PW-12 Agent Whitney's FBI Jacket
PW-13 Agent Whitney's other Jacket

Autographs (in the order I pulled them):
A-7 Chris Owens as The Great Mutato
A-5 Xzibit as Special Agent Drummy
A-9 Nestor Serrano as Ken Naciamento
A-9 Nestor Serrano as Ken Naciamento
A-8 Sheila Larken as Margaret Scully
A-6 Adam Godley as Father Ybarra
A-8 Sheila Larken as Margaret Scully
A-3 Chris Carter, director/writer Smile
A-1 David Duchovny as Fox Mulder Bouncey
A-2 Gillian Anderson as Dana Scully Drool

Collation was terrible on the chase, but who can argue after the autos were pulled? Dance

I want to thank UPS for picking the case for me. I always take the case that's the most beat up for myself, rather than sending out beat up boxes to customers. Thumb Up

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Wow, I didn't expect a David and Gillian Auto in the same case, that really makes it worth itSmile I was going to get a case originally however without knowing the odds of the David and Gillian autos, I didn't want to risk paying $700 plus on a case if I still had to buy the two autos.
Nice case break. I wonder where all the case breakers are, I know Inkworks is already sold out, so its not like they couldn't sell them.
I ended up buy two boxes just because I wanted to open an X-Files product, which I haven't done so farSmile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
Ed,

couldn't you wait and send me this case Razz

I pay you tomorrow, once it is august.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's my obligatory two boxes. Nothing quite as lucky as some other people's big pulls, but I guess I get my share.

I don't know whether it was because Inkworks was short of good images from the movie or if it was "by design", but I like the "Revelations" subset in the base cards that ties the action back to prophetic plot points from series episodes. Boxes hold 24 packs of 7 cards; expect 2.24 base sets of 72 if collation were perfect. 10 boxes per case. Cards not found in boxes or by redemption include the CL-1 caseloader, PW-14A and PW-14B puzzle pieceworks (3-case purchase incentives), Duchovny/Anderson dual autograph card (10-case incentive), and promos XF-1 (general), X-i (internet), and XF-SDCC (Comicon 2008 but also found in packs).

BOX 1

Base cards (72): 2 complete sets, 14 threes, 1 four
In Search Of Foil Puzzle Cards (9, 1:11 packs): S-1 S-9
Wanting to Believe Embossed Cards (6, 1:17 packs): WB-4 WB-5
Back to Basics Foil Cards (3, 1:24 packs): BB-3
Autograph Cards (9, 1:24 packs): A-6 Adam Godley as Father Ybarra
Pieceworks Cards (13, 1:24 packs): PW-1 Jacket worn by David Duchovny as Fox Mulder

BOX 2

Base cards (72): 2 complete sets, 10 threes, 4 fours
In Search Of Foil Puzzle Cards (9, 1:11 packs): S-7 S-8
Wanting to Believe Embossed Cards (6, 1:17 packs): WB-3
Back to Basics Foil Cards (3, 1:24 packs): BB-2
Autograph Cards (9, 1:24 packs): A-5 Xzibit as Special Agent Drummy
Pieceworks Cards (13, 1:24 packs): Redemption for PW-6 Coat worn by Billy Connolly as Father Joe

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
This is my first full case from Inkworks. I had hoped to pull ONE limited auto from the case, but I was STUNNED to pull BOTH. Excellent case.

Also got a redemption card for a Connolly pieceworks (image not scanned).

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mirth918
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:

I don't know whether it was because Inkworks was short of good images from the movie or if it was "by design", but I like the "Revelations" subset in the base cards that ties the action back to prophetic plot points from series episodes.

I think this was definitely by design since the episodes correspond to those on the X-files DVD "Revelations" that was just released. Chris Carter put the DVD episodes together as a primer of great stand alone episodes from the series. Although, I wouldn't consider the Pilot and Memento Mori stand alones. In any case I agree that this is a very cool feature of the set.

Posts: 14 | Location: Sunny California | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
great pulls everyone! Big Grin

I need some chase cards, so if you'd like to trade, please check out thetrading section Smile