Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    X-Files I Want To Believe 2008 (Inkworks)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Files I Want To Believe 2008 (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Opened up my box tonight, with the following results:

Base set - at least one (according to Inkworks)
Autograph - A6 (Adam Godley)
Back to Basics - BB2
In Search Of - S4, S5
Pieceworks - PW7 (Skinner's shirt)
Wanting to Believe - WB1, WB2

I think I got a little better than stated odds on the Wanting to Believe cards. At 1 per 17 packs, you should get (on average) one per box. Guess mine was the box that helped even out the averages...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Will,

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Box 2:

2 Base Sets

S2, S3, S4
WB6
BB1

Pw-2 Scully Top

A3- Chris Carter (not a bad pull) Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Busted a 10 box case, here are the results- you guys will hopefully get a chance to read a more in depth review shortly.

In Search Of chase set:

Wanting To Believe chase set:

Back To Basics chase set:

Case Loader card:

Pieceworks (in order of card number on back):

(redemption for pieceworks 6- Father Joe's coat)

Autographs (once again in order of card number):

so that was the case break. All in all excellent- just missing one of the autographs but its a big one in Duchovny plus two Pieceworks cards and a variant pieceworks. Very sweet to get both dual pieceworks cards in the same case as its been reported that they are 1 in 3 cases- whether or not that's accurate is unclear.

There's one other card that I wanted to show. When Inkworks announced this particular card was going to be an incentive for dealers who purchased 10 cases I knew that I had to get one somehow. I pre-bought one but the seller sadly didn't come through with the card but thankfully I at least got a refund. So I paid yet a bit more and this arrived in the mail:

Big Grin

I do have tons of base sets available along with one extra set of each chase level. I also have 4 duplicate autos including Xzibit as Agent Drummy, Sheila Larken as Margaret Scully, Chris Owens as The Great Mutato, and Nestor Serrano as Ken Naciamenta so if anyone needs anything please let me know.

Thanks, Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have not purchased this myself but a friend of mine opened a case and pulled both the Scully and Maulder autographs from the same case.

These must not be as limited as was first thought!

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have not purchased this myself but a friend of mine opened a case and pulled both the Scully and Maulder autographs from the same case.

These must not be as limited as was first thought!

Yes, I've heard a few people have found both autos in a case, thats a great case if you ask me. Apparently neither of the autos were going to be that rare, I guess I just assumed the would be an expect very high prices, but $200 - $250 isn't bad, I would have thought $300-$400 prior to release. Its all good for those of us whom want to collect themSmile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Great case DeecemanSmile

I think that Amanda Peet pieceworks second from bottom is actually a variant with the silver and black two tone. I have the same card which is just plain black, so good oneSmile

I'm collecting some of this set aswell. I have just purchased a David Duchovny auto for just over US$200, which I'm very pleased about. I've also purchased one lot of 12 pieceworks(just missing the Fur Variant and Connolly redemptions) for just over US$170, which I thought was a great deal as I've seen the David Dual go for over $70 on its own.

Now I'm looking for Gillian's auto and the Fur Variant, then I'll chase down the promos and binder/sell sheet then I think I'll be done for this setSmile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks!

I also purchased the Duchovny auto for just over $200 and now need to track down PW2 and PW3 which are both Gillian pieces plus I think I'll go for the fur variant and maybe the pieceworks incentives cards. I don't think I'm going to get a plain Peet or one with yellow in it as I like the version that I pulled just fine. All in all, I think Inkworks did a great job with this set!

Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
So during the SDCC my wife and I purchased a box since it had just been released that same weekend. We pulled a PW2 and an A5 X-zibit auto.

This weekend, our 2 boxes we ordered finally showed up and we got to open those! 1st box: PW7 & another A5 X-zibit auto. Hmph. Hate it when that happens.

2nd box: we got a PW9 and this:

Clap

My ears are still ringing from my wife screaming so loud! lol

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arc-trooper19374
posted Hide Post
The breakdown for my 1 box;

2 x base sets + spares
In Search Of - S-4 & S-5
Wanting To Believe - WB-3
Back To Basics - BB-3
Auto - A-3 - Chris Carter - Director / Writer
Costume - PW-13 - Amanda Peet - Agent Whitney's Black Jacket

Also got the Uncut Mini Press Sheet of the 9 card In Search Of chase set, no. 6 of 99.

Posts: 19 | Location: Aldershot, Hampshire, England | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just opened a box and the main hits were

PW4 Xzibit

A1 David autograph Elephant Dance

Not bad for 27.00 for box lol

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
congrats Big Grin
has anyone got their PW-6 redemption back yet?

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
congrats Big Grin
has anyone got their PW-6 redemption back yet?

Just got mine the other day. I was impressed how quick it was sent out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mintoncard,

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of king-beez
posted Hide Post
Here's my PW1 Fur varient card - Inkworks got it to me in under 2 weeks from my posting off the redemption from th UK. Top quality service I reckon!!

Posts: 25 | Location: Bristol, UK | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
can you post a picture of the PW6.

Thanks for the fur picture! Smile

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted Hide Post
Busted up 6 boxes.

Got the following:

Box 1 - Scully's Sister Auto, Amanda Peet Costume
Box 2 - Chris Owens Auto, Amanda Peet Costume
Box 3 - Chris Carter Auto, XZhibit Costume
Box 4 - No Auto, Amanda Peet Costume
Box 5 - No Auto, Scully Dual Costume
Box 6 - Xzhibit Auto, No Costume Card

I was happy with the Chris Carter auto, but pretty bummed out to get a couple of 1/2 dud boxes. I picked them up relatively cheaped from a seller who I assumed had cherry picked the Mulder & Scully autos and was selling off the rest, but I didn't expect to get skunked on the other couple of inserts since everything was factory sealed.

Oh well....

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938

Posts: 654 | Location: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
I received my 5 boxes when these came out! I actually got two Gillian Anderson autos, and was able to cut a deal getting me the Duchovney Smile Very happy with my pulls (even though I got a dupe costume)

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened a couple of boxes a while back.

Pieceworks
PW7
PW9

Autos
A7 - Chris Owens as The Great Mutato
A8 - Sheila Larken as Margaret Scully

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post