Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    2016 U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team Hopefuls (Topps 2016)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2016 U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team Hopefuls (Topps 2016)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Found a few blaster boxes at Wal-Mart and Target. Very
similar look and feel as the 2014 Winter Olympics set.

75 card base set (no card #37) with bronze, silver and gold medal parallels
as well as rainbow gold parallels that are 1/1's.
3 different basic insert sets and of course autographs, relics, autograph/relics,
crest patches, flag patches and medal cards, all with the different parallel levels.

Here's some examples of the cards.

Base card, Bronze Medal parallel base card, Autograph card
Olympic Disciplines insert card, Closing Ceremonies insert card
Serially #'d Team Commemorative Patch card, Athlete Worn Relic card

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I had a box, very curious the missing card 37.
I got
Paige Selenski relic
Megan Rapinoe flag patch 45/99
Simone Biles autograph card
Matt Grevers autograph card 04/15
I can't believe as a Diana Taurasi collector, there are over 30 (with variant's) to collect.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Nice one on the Biles!
As for the base, I'm pretty sure the #37 was pulled from the set (Greg mentioned it above), so you've got them all.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Nice one on the Biles!
As for the base, I'm pretty sure the #37 was pulled from the set (Greg mentioned it above), so you've got them all.

Simone Biles is a good pull ?

Got them all ? base set ? yeah got a full set except 37 of course.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Card 37 is definitely not in the set although why it was pulled is a mystery Confused .

Simone Biles is extremely popular in the USA at the moment due to her multiple gold medals in Rio. Certainly would have good trade value currently although that will decrease the further away from the Olympics we get.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

Simone Biles is extremely popular in the USA at the moment due to her multiple gold medals in Rio. Certainly would have good trade value currently although that will decrease the further away from the Olympics we get.

Have to agree with that for like 95% of the Olympic cards, there is not much long term value in people you didn't know before and don't hear from again. However there have been some exceptions. Mainly from the athletics in the more accessible sports, those that have returned and won in more than one Olympics and those who may have succeeded in the entertainment field afterwards.

One of the worst miscalculations I ever made was in dismissing that first Michael Phelps autograph card when it came out with such a high price. I figured it would come down to earth pretty soon and it did soften up for a period in between the Games, but it turned out to be bargain compared with now. On the other hand a guy like Bode Miller, no, not so much. Wink

Simone Biles will be hot for awhile and is young enough to come back if she stays in the sport. She might not though, gymnastics is grueling to keep up.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Tried some retail blasters. Averaged two hits per box. Pulled a silver medal.
Will bring my extras to Chicago show.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post