Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Incredible Hulk, The (Topps)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Incredible Hulk, The (Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted
Picked up my 10th box of these now off ebay!

Base Sets: 2
Gamma Ray: 1, 2, 3, 10
Crystal Clear: 4, 5
Sketch: 0 Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
Out of 10 boxes, hav you ever got a sketch?

I've opened 4 boxes, and found 1 (beating the odds).

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
In the first box of these I ever got (picked it up for £15) I got 3, yes 3 sketch cards in one pack! I nearly died!

They were all Czop sketches, but I sold them last year as I needed the money Shake Head

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Picked up (6) hobby boxes over the last year at the average price of $30 -

Finally decided to open a few -
(1st) box -
two complete sets, and 18 doubles [nice]
four foil, two clear cards, no sketches

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
two boxes have sold on eBAY over $46 + $6.25 shipping - makes me wonder if I'm beter off selling these - any input? Open or sell?

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
If they were mine, they'd have been opened a long time ago. I just can't keep a sealed product in my house. I gotta know what's in it.

Mark

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Grrrrrr!

I just opened the other 5 boxes because I really wanted to find a sketch card to make me happy (bad day). Now I have 10 more sets and very little else Frown

I'll post pics later of the foil/clear cards.

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
I know what you mean, I opened 3 boxes and came up with zilch for sketch cards last year. "The level of disappointment is proportionate to the level of expectations." I came up with that years ago trying not to expect too much so the let down isn't so bad (and it applies to more than just boxes/cards).

Tim

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's the kicker - the guy (quite nice) who opened the other half the case e-mailed me a few hours after I busted my boxes, and said that he pulled the M.Sev. sketch card out of the case. In other words, if I had waited a few more hours I would have known that the odds were stacked against me. Oh well ...

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:
two boxes have sold on eBAY over $46 + $6.25 shipping - makes me wonder if I'm beter off selling these - any input? Open or sell?

Sell em, i have a feeling there are no sketch cards in your boxes. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Apparrently the odds on getting a scetch is like one in 12 boxes Frown

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah; with 6 boxes that meant my odds were 50/50. I came out the sad end of that equation. LOL.

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:
Here's the kicker - the guy (quite nice) who opened the other half the case e-mailed me a few hours after I busted my boxes, and said that he pulled the M.Sev. sketch card out of the case. In other words, if I had waited a few more hours I would have known that the odds were stacked against me. Oh well ...

oh man that sucks Frown

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sketches 1 in 12? If that's the case, I'm pretty unlucky, I think i've opened around 20 or so boxes by now, still no luck, but a **** load of complete sets. I'm still going to keep trying to get that sketch though. So if anyone has any cheap boxes they want to sell....

Posts: 94 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: April 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
LOL - I think my total is 1 sketch in 16 boxes. It was my very first box. I should have stopped there, lol.

@Sketchcards on Twitter

posted Hide Post
Well, I believe I'm now past 20 boxes of these cards and still not sketch.....

Posts: 94 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: April 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of dlpn1fan
posted Hide Post
Just opened my 10th box and still no sketch Frown

Posts: 751 | Location: Pomona CA | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dillndill
posted Hide Post
Picked up a retail box of this...

BASE SETS: 2
GAMMA-RAY FOIL: 4, 5, 6, 7.
CRYSTAL CLEAR: 1 & 4

Not bad, but will have to look for the hobby box to try and get a sketch.

Posts: 84 | Location: Roseville, CA | Registered: December 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Picked up 1 retail box

Base Set: 2
Gamma Ray: 1, 6X2, 10
Crystal Clear: 1, 3

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post