Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Trek: TOS Art & Images (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek: TOS Art & Images (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Bought a box from the NEC Toy Fair this morning as well as a sell sheet.

No sketch

Jack Donner as Subcommander Tal

Joanne Linville as Romulan Commander (Limited) Smile

Pleased with both of these as I dont have Jack Donner's autograph and Joanne Linville's auto is a Limited. Shame no sketch !

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I had to laugh. I posted earler i had trouble getting a particular sketchcard? Had half a case left over from box and binder sales---opened 'em last night..wanna guess what one I got two of?! Which just goes to show, it's alll about the X factor Wink

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paradoc
posted Hide Post
I've opened 7 more boxes since my last post. Got two more Grace Lee Whitney autos Roll Eyes and the Sulu auto. The only other thing notable was 5 sketches out of 7 boxes Dance, bringing me to a total of 9 sketches in 12 boxes Dance Dance!
Anyone looking to trade another limited auto for one of my extra Graces drop me a line.

Posts: 373 | Location: Memphis, TN USA | Registered: November 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Opened another box today.

Kathryn Hays as Gem (Limited) 2nd I've pulled.
William O'Connell as Thelev

Sketch The Corbomite Maneuver by Patrick Hamill
(Nice sketck of the puppet)

So in 3 boxes:-

3 limited auto's (one twice)
3 unlimited auto's (no duplicates) and 2 sketches.

All in all not too bad. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Andrew David,

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Forth box.

Sketch, The Cage by Patrick Hamill (This is really great) Bouncey Clap Bouncey

William Windom as Commodore Decker (Limited) Smile
Michael Dante as Maab

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew David:
Forth box.

Sketch, The Cage by Patrick Hamill (This is really great) Bouncey Clap Bouncey

I had the great pleasure of seeing Patrick's workbook for these cards at Memorabilia - Great sketches Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Very true, I think of all the sketches I could have pulled this is the one I really wanted, athough Balok's puppet is nice too (By Patrick Hamill as well).

From 4 boxes I've pulled 3 sketches and a Limited auto in each box. Not bad. No sign of a Very Limited but pleased enough with what I got as I have only Joanne Linville from previous sets, etc. Smile

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
congrats on getting The Cage sketch.That's one of my favs posted at RA's site.
And Patrick was my fav artists work for the set Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Hi all, just got back from the card show and got my box of these finally. And it was a FANTASTIC BOX!

Got a cool sketch card of "The Menagerie" by Sean Pence

a Gary Lockwood autograph (super cool, wanted one of him for awhile now) and.....

Joan Collins autograph!!! Elephant Bouncey Dance

I was thinking how amazing it would be to get a limited auto of anyone, let alone one of the ones I wanted the most. Here are scans of autos and sketch. Very pleased and happy that I splurged on it!

Part of my permanent collection. Also opened a box of John Wayne and will post on that thread.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jack London,

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the inserts you pulled,esp Collins Clap

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Wow, that Nimoy card is amazing!

Mirror, Mirror was one of my alltime favorite episodes of Star Trek (my favorite is "Spectre of the Gun"). I like the canvas type card stock of the base cards and the animated look of the autograph cards. Will probably buy some auto singles and a few insert singles. The insert sets are so big, I don't think I will try to get a master set of them.

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Nice pulls folks ! Smile

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Well done Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I"m curious..the thread begins with complaints about not getting good cards and ends with some really nice pulls found in one box....I also see RA got the blame for the bad and SANTA (sorry Kennywood! Not picking on you specifically) got the credit for the good pulls. Now, play fair and thank the good Rittnehouse people Wink

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
I am always pleased with Rittenhouse, even if I don't get the big pulls. This box was fantastic for me as I could only afford to get one box total of this. I read about the case breaks that don't do as well as the buyer might hope for and am thankful that my little purchase worked out. I actually sent Rittenhouse a thank you email the same day I opened this box! Big Grin

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I think it's cool when one of my clients ubys one box and gets a pull. It keeps the magical aspect alive Smile

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Finally got a box! #2800.

Sherry Jackson auto as Andrea- Smile

Walter Koenig auto as Chekov- Big Grin

My sketch card

Isn't that cute! Thumb Up

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Great pulls Thumb Up

and I Luv You the white rabbit sketch

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
The white rabbit from Shore Leave sketch is cool. As a matter of fact, I just received that same sketch today in the mail from a lot I bought on ebay. A neat sketch of one of my top five ST episodes! Thumb Up

Picture of Sgt Ace
posted Hide Post
Well not sure about everybody else, all I know is that I bought two boxes and didn't get a complete set. Use to get 3 complete sets when Impel and Skybox was doing the printing but not this time. Barely got 2 semi complete bases sets, not to thrilled about the breakdown. Did enjoy the cards though.

Posts: 81 | Location: Artesia, California | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post