Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Game of Thrones, Complete (Rittenhouse Archives, 2020)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones, Complete (Rittenhouse Archives, 2020)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted
Opened 1 box

Relic
DC1 : Jon Snow & Robb Stark's cloaks

Autos
Rupert Vansittart (Gold)
Ian McElhinney & Nathalie Emmanuel (dual)

Parallels
C35 (53/75)
33 (113/175)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
Box 10560 of 11,000

Autos:
Dual David Bradley & Lucy Hayes
Oliver Ford Davies (VS)

2x The Cast, 1x Pairs 1x Maps of the Realm
Parallels:
37 054/175
C30 Hodor 39/75

Quite happy with this box, except there were 39 extra base cards left over. It would have been nice to have had a couple more of the inserts in the packs. Must have been 3 or 4 packs that just had extra base cards.
Very happy with the dual autograph card, though; I love David Bradley in anything. King of the 'old codgers'. Big Grin

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
With the relic, that's a pretty good box.

That McElhinney/Emmanuel dual is one of those that you wouldn't really put together. They have a few combos that don't quite gel. Vansittart is a common, no matter what the quantity. That's how most of the box autos have been going for the last few sets. You get a common and then hopefully a better star or an inscription or a dual as the second auto. Some of the commons are good, if you are lucky. Many of the commons are also in the inscriptions, which is not lucky.

But if you hit an extra relic or sketch or pull one of the main stars, that's when you have beaten the price point. So congrats, you did it. Smile

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
One Box 01419/11000

Nice Base Set

Base Parallel 18 (149/175)

2 x Cast + Parallel C96 (38/75)

1 Pairs, 1 Maps

Auto's - Gold Ron Donachie (Roderik Cassel)
Inscription Sam Coleman (Young Hodor) "Northmen"

Really poor amount of insert cards and uninspiring box but 39 spare base cards!!

I would rather have 20 packs and 2 more chase cards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Typical of Rittenhouse these days they need to reinvent themselves or people will stop buying, they no longer have much value in boxes.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Picked up 2 boxes today. Will break the second one tomorrow and post, but this is #01404:

Complete 73 card base set.
Base Parallel #6 065/175.
Map M7 Kings Landing.
Cast C40 Syrio Forel.
Cast C63 Jojen Reed.
Pairs R9 Brienne and Jaime.
Progressions (Metal Card) T11 Lancel Lannister.
Pilou Asbaek (FB) autograph.
Dual Auto Hafpor Julius Bjornsson & Lena Headey (Gregor Clegane & Cersei Lannister).

And 39 base card duplicates. Way too many, but we expected that.

So very happy pulling that dual.

A word of warning not expected, this base set is condition sensitive, something you rarely have to say these days. The top and bottom are borderless and sides are black bordered, but several cards in my box came out of the packs with noticeable white chipping of the edges. Its mainly occurring on the top front and on the back corners. The lighter parallel base card looked much better, as did the cast character cards. The base card text tries hard to summarize the whole series and does the best it can.

So I don't think it's a secret that the way most GoT card collectors are going to feel about this product will depend on whether or not their box has that one good value hit. One down, one to go, will find out tomorrow about my other box #05451. Smile

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So box #05451:

Complete 73 card base set.
Base Parallel #50 069/175.
Map M16 Valyria.
Cast C15 Bran Stark.
Cast C70 Ser Beric Dondarrion
Cast C29 56/75 Bronn (Parallel Grey)
Pairs R4 Melisandre and Stannis Baratheon
Chuku Modu (FB) autograph.
Inscription auto Ian Davies "Brotherhood Without Borders".

So I think this looks like your average box, or maybe a little less than average. Modu is a common signer. Davies is down as Scarce for the card, but that's really not important. He is a new signer, which is good for me, and the inscription is OK. So it could be worse.

None of the parallels or inserts mean much since I won't be completing them. The base set I already have from the first box.

So that's what I mean by average. Big Grin Good luck with your boxes. I split on mine. Smile

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Got Box 07728 today, here's what was inside:
1complete set of 73 base cards
40 extra base cards
1 Gold parallel card
2 The Cast
1 Pairs
1 Map of the Realm
2 Autographs
Iain Glen/Ian McElinney Dual (Very Limited)
Burn Gorman Gold auto (Extremely Limited)

Once again, set could use more inserts. I can't remember who Burn Gorham as Karl Tanner is, but happy with the Iain and Ian double auto.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
I can't remember who Burn Gorham as Karl Tanner is, but happy with the Iain and Ian double auto.

He was also in the Doctor Who spin-off Torchwood for the first couple of seasons.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
The two boxes that I ordered arrived today. There was a base set in each box. Here is how the chase cards looked:

Box 8343
Base parallel 28
The Cast C51 & C97
Pairs R11
Maps of the Realm M2
Inscription autograph by Samantha Spiro "House Florent"
Gold autograph by Kate Dickie (EL)

Box 9630
Base parallel 63
The Case C11 & C90
Pairs R2
Maps of the Realm M5
Dual autograph Rupert Vansittart & Lino Facioli (EL)
Valyrian Steel autograph Francis Magee (L)

It would have been nice to have a few more chase cards, especially of The Cast subset given its size. I also would have like to have seen a title card for each season or at least the set. Checklist cards would have been nice too. Given the extra base cards in a box, there would have been room to include title cards and checklist cards in the set.

I have a few cards where the edges have flaked/chipped off. I have four #22 cards, and the flaking is in the same spot on all four. Dull blade perhaps?

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I opened Box 08542 and here is what I recd:

1 near complete complete set of 73 base cards. Rittenhouse is sending the missing card.
40 extra base cards
1 Gold parallel card
2 The Cast
1 The Cast Parallel
1 Pairs
1 Map of the Realm
2 Autographs
Iwan Rheon/Alan Parkinson (Very Limited)
Shaz Nair Gold (Very Limited)

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I gave up buying cases after the last two I bought were awful breaks with nothing of note in them. I picked up a box on ebay for a knock down price numbered 06486.

Break ave me the usual base set and the following:

Maps- M2 Winterfell
Gold Parallel No 56
Pairs R7
Cast C1 & C52
Cast Parallel C44

Autographs:

Dual Vansittart/Gillen (Scarce)
Borderd Rissman (VL)

Can't believe I got more from 1 box on this set than from 2 cases of the previous 2 releases.

Posts: 29 | Location: scotland | Registered: May 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gmmk1964:
Can't believe I got more from 1 box on this set than from 2 cases of the previous 2 releases.

Happy you liked your box, but a dual and common signer or an inscription and common signer is how Complete box hits have been running on average. Compared to 4 cases of previous product? Cases could be bad for the price, but there had to be some OK hits. You got no decent boxes?

posted Hide Post
Raven

My to EL autographs in Season 8 were VS Plester and Gold auto Blane. Best card from the box was a Relic card of Daenrys. Certainly didn't make up for the £600 cost of the case.

Posts: 29 | Location: scotland | Registered: May 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, that is the biggest fault with the whole RA model for all their products, not just GoT. They designate EL and SCARCE for autograph cards of common signers and call it the BIG guaranteed hit. Sure the card quantity is limited, but the signer is common and there is no swell of demand to provide a premium for that card above other designs signed by the same person.

Common signers like Plester and Blane used to be worth something when short printed if you had collectors who were doing the whole set, so there really was some demand for every card in order to complete. But since the master set collector has gone the way of the Dodo and even title collectors have tighter focus for designs, you can't dress up a common autograph as anything but common, even when the quantity says its rare.

Same thing with the inscriptions RA has come to rely on in all its sets. If the big hit in your box is Eugene Simon saying "Seven Blessings", you had a bad day. Wink

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Held back 3 boxes for Xmas. Nothing terrific and the best dual I already had. Very much the average format with one common hit and then either a dual or inscription as the big hit.

Box #2501:
One base set and 40 duplicates
C5 Cersei Lannister
C88 Prince Doran Martell
Parallel #16, 64/175
M9 Sunspear
R12 Daeneryis & Jon
2 Autographs - Dan Hildebrand (V) & dual Iain Glen & Ian McElhinney

Box #6439:
Missing #21 and #37 from base set, 41 duplicates
C77 Prince Oberyn Martell, 39/75
C34 Osha
C96 Lord Randell Tarly
Parallel #56, 135/175
M4 Castle Rock
R4 Melisandre & Stannis
2 Autographs - Alisdair Simpson (FB) & Sam Coleman (Inscription) "I Hate Wights!"

Box 10574:
One base set and 39 duplicates
Parallel #30 51/175
C85 Shireen Baratheon, 40/75
C21 Grand Maester Rycelle
C89 Lord Janos Slynt
M18 Qarth
R14 Gilly & Samwell Tarly
2 Autographs - Will Tudor (V) and dual Daniel Tuite & Tim Plester

Would have liked at least one more better hit since I had the Glen dual and everyone else were minor characters, but those are the breaks. This was the last of my GoT boxes till next set.

Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I came across another box in a local store. I decided to roll the dice on it since I hadn't purchased a box of anything else in March.

Box 00659 of 11000
1 base set
Base parallel 27
The Cast C1 & C76
Pairs R7
Maps of the Realm M8
Dual autograph Iwan Rheon & Elizabeth Webster (VL)
Bordered autograph Anton Lesser as Qyburn (EL)

I thought that was a pretty good box. I didn't have any of the chase cards already.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post