Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    World of Harry Potter 3D (Artbox)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

World of Harry Potter 3D (Artbox)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted
Very nice set, if i say so, the technology used in the cards really makes them stand out (no pun)

One box opened 2 basic sets with 8 left over, not bad.

Got in it:

C3 Gilderoy Lockhart Costume Card
R2 R4 R6
BT3
UR1
PZ1 2 3 5 7 8

Its nice that the costume card is lenticular aswell, genius Big Grin

To me this is so much better than moments, oh and easy to open packets aswell, makes it seem like there are less cards as its quicker to open a box :P

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Neil,

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
These look good Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
BT4
UR1
R1, 3, 5
PZ 1, 3, 5, 7, 9

C2 Slytherin Scarf 229/400 (slight 2-color variant)
P5 Magical Me book 001/200 Clap

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's my case breakdown. I'm calling it "cluster F" because the autos were Filch, Flitwick, Fred, Fudge, and Fils/Pere (Dudley/Vernon). I've already seen reports of another case with the same selection of autographs, props, and costumes.

This is a beautiful set, and it's mostly images of scenes we haven't seen two or three times before. Don't buy this set for descriptive text on card backs, though. The set must be good if my biggest complaint is that my scanner is totally helpless with the card fronts.

There are enough base cards to offer the chance for two complete 72-card sets per box with a few cards left over. But see my commentary below. R and UR cards displace two base cards per pack. Costumes and props displace 2-5, depending on thickness.

BOX 3890/4000
Base sets: Zero. Two sets each missing only #24.
BT1 - Pz2-4-6-8-9
R2-4-6 - UR2
C2 - Costume worn by Slytherin students in SS (085/400)
Auto: David Bradley (redemption card)

BOX 3397
Base sets: One. Second set missing 2 cards.
BT3 - Pz2-4-5-7-9
R1-3-5 - UR2
C5 - Robe worn by Joshua Herdman as Gregory Goyle in COS (355/425)
P7 - Divination Book from POA (140/150)

BOX 1067
Base sets: One. Second set missing only #24.
BT4 - Pz2-4-6-7-9
R1-3-5 - UR2
C9 - Quidditch robe worn by Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter in POA (248/250)
Auto: Warwick Davis as Filius Flitwick in COS

BOX 1049
Base sets: Zero. Two sets each each missing only #24.
BT2 - Pz1-3-5-7-8
R2-4-5 - UR3
C3 - Jacket worn by Kenneth Branagh as Professor Gilderoy Lockhart in COS (266/600)
(single special card)

BOX 2591
-- Are we starting to see a pattern here?
BT3 - Pz2-4-6-8-9
R1-3-5 - UR1
C10 - Costume worn by Gryffindor students in POA (042/175)
Auto: Richard Griffiths and Harry Melling as Uncle Vernon and Dudley Dursley in SS

BOX 2061
Base sets: Two. (Yay!)
BT4 - Pz1-3-5-6-8
R1-3-5 - UR2
C8 - Coat worn by Emma Watson as Hermione Granger in POA (011/400)
P10 - Neville's Book on Water Plants in GOF (002/125)

BOX 3336
BT1 - Pz1-3-5-6-8
R1-3-5 - UR3
C4 - Jacket worn by Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley in COS (021/225)
Auto: James Phelps as Fred Weasley in SS

BOX 0403
BT2 - Pz1-3-4-6-8
R1-3-5 - UR1
C12 - Yule Ball robe worn by Stanislav Ianevski as Viktor Krum in GOF (430/470)
P9 - Trial Chamber Paperwork in GOF (175)

BOX 3743
BT3 - Pz2-4-6-8-9
R1-3-5 - UR1
C1 - Costume worn by Gryffindor students in SS (088/350)
Auto: Robert Hardy as Cornelius Fudge in COS

BOX 2733
BT4 - Pz2-4-6-8-9
R1-3-5 - UR2
C13 - Azkaban uniform worn by Pedja Bjelac as Igor Karkaroff in GOF (231/500)
(single special card)

SUMMARIES
8 base sets plus 12 base sets missing only #24. Offsetting extras of #34.
10 costumes, 3 props, 5 autographs - expected frequency.
3 complete puzzle sets, quantities ranging from 3 to 8.
1 complete Rares set, quantities ranging from 1 to 9.
2 complete Ultra-Rares sets, quantities ranging from 2 to 5.

COMMENTARY
We will see whether the base-set collation issue is common throughout the print run. It appears that the two boxes per case that hold only a single costume card (no prop card or autograph) always have the most common costume card. It seems to me that it makes those boxes very close to being a dud. If you're unlucky enough to get the box with a single special card, should it also be the least valuable special card possible? Collation within the puzzle and rare cards could have been better. But otherwise, it's a very fine looking set.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kbmum:
P5 Magical Me book 001/200 Clap

Lockhart will be happy to autograph it for you. Big Grin Nice one!

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Smile This is a very different swatch than the dust jacket for the COS Magical Me prop. I'd love to know what part of the book was used. I was also surprised that Artbox put low-numbered cards in packs. I know of someone else who pulled #001 of a different prop.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I've opened my 2 boxes.
1 Puzzle set (PZ1-PZ9) + PZ9
R1-R6
UR1, UR3
BT2, BT3
C3 - Gildery costume card 433/600 (only high end chase in the box)
C7 - Gryffindor students costume 336/425
Daivd Bradley (Argus Filch) auto redemption card.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:

SUMMARIES
8 base sets plus 12 base sets missing only #24. Offsetting extras of #34.
10 costumes, 3 props, 5 autographs - expected frequency.
3 complete puzzle sets, quantities ranging from 3 to 8.
1 complete Rares set, quantities ranging from 1 to 9.
2 complete Ultra-Rares sets, quantities ranging from 2 to 5.

COMMENTARY
We will see whether the base-set collation issue is common throughout the print run. It appears that the two boxes per case that hold only a single costume card (no prop card or autograph) always have the most common costume card. It seems to me that it makes those boxes very close to being a dud. If you're unlucky enough to get the box with a single special card, should it also be the least valuable special card possible? Collation within the puzzle and rare cards could have been better. But otherwise, it's a very fine looking set.

Jeff, are you contacting Artbox about the lack on Number 24 in your base sets?

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Jeff, are you contacting Artbox about the lack on Number 24 in your base sets?

I might, if it looks like it's going to be a long-term PITB. It could be that somebody will show up with the "mirror" case. Chris was very short of #54 with his first case, but it averaged out over five cases, and there's been at least one auction offering "set minus one" for a different number. Possibly the biggest "bulk" pack-openers haven't gotten around to sorting base cards yet. I hope it's going to be rare for people who buy just one or two boxes to come away without a single base set.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Still disappointing that the collation isn't as good as it should be, but you make a good point, as usual Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I know at least one other guy had a case with exactly the same inserts, so I'm waiting to find out if we have offsetting extras. This series should have provided an average of about 2.10 sets per box if collation were perfect, so you tend to expect that most boxes will produce two sets, with some allowance for what happens when thick props and costumes are inserted. It looks like I was a lot unluckier than most with half my boxes having no complete base sets. Maybe I should write them and tell them I'll stop complaining if they send me a Radcliffe auto for my troubles. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
My case:

01 Box Number: 0120
Costume: C12 260/470
Prop: P2 069/175

02 Box Number: 0177
Costume: C7 314/425
Prop: P8 049/125

03 Box Number: 3307
Costume: C13 395/500
Prop: P1 126/200

04 Box Number: 2050
Costume: C6 060/175
Auto: Dual auto of Goyle and Crabb

05 Box Number: 3372
Costume: C5 093/425
Auto: Argus filch redemption

06 Box Number: 2686
Costume: C3 202/600

07 Box Number: 1930
Costume: C9 065/250
Auto: He who must not be named redemption

08 Box Number: 1970
Costume: C3 290/600

09 Box Number: 3856
Costume: C2 242/400
Auto: Flitwick

10 Box Number: 2621
Costume: C8 351/400
Autograph: Cornelius fudge

Overall, happy with the autos and props pulls. Choice of costume useds were a bit disappointing. Base set were beautiful, especially the 9 puzzle card set.

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
nice breakdown

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Box 1717
2 Base sets
Puzzle pieces 1,3,5,7 and 9
Rare Cards 4,5 and 6
Ultra Rare number 1
Box Topper BT1
Costume C10 Gryffindor Students 062/175
Redemption Card:
Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter Bouncey Metal Thumb Up Elephant
I made my Wife a very happy lady today.
I'll post my other breakdowns later.
Good Luck Everyone
Rich

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
Congratz Sheep

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
Results of my 2 boxes.

Box 1
The World of Harry Potter Puzzle Cards (1:4.8 packs)
Pz1 (top left)
Pz2 (top middle)
Pz4 (center left)
Pz6 (center right)
Pz8 (bottom middle)

Rare Chase Cards (1:8 packs)
R1 Professor Quirrell
R3 Tom Riddle
R5 Lord Voldemort

Ultra-Rare Chase Cards (1:12 packs)
UR1 Voldemort/Quirrell

Costume Cards (1:24 packs)
C7 Tie worn by Gryffindor students (231/425)

Prop Cards (1:80 packs)
P1 Wand Box (123/200)

Harry at Quidditch Box-Topper Cards
BT4 Nearing snitch and goal towers

Box 2
The World of Harry Potter Puzzle Cards (1:4.8 packs)
Pz1 (top left)
Pz3 (top right)
Pz5 (center)
Pz6 (center right)
Pz8 (bottom middle)

Rare Chase Cards (1:8 packs)
R2 Lucius Malfoy
R4 Peter Pettigrew
R6 Barty Crouch, Jr.

Ultra-Rare Chase Cards (1:12 packs)
UR3 Voldemort in graveyard

Costume Cards (1:24 packs)
C2 Scarf worn by Slytherin students (145/400)

Autograph Cards (1:48 packs)
Warwick Davis as Filius Flitwick

Harry at Quidditch Box-Topper Cards
BT4 Nearing snitch and goal towers

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
congrats

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
My sister bought a case of these and I was considering getting her another one for her birthday but having seen the exact same breakdown on this and another site, I don't want to run the risk of a repeater Frown Artbox needs to give their collation manager (if there is one) a mighty Twak

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone heard how many of the dual autos and the Daniel Radcliffe there are ?. I was starting to think one per case but I'm seeing more duals being pulled than the Radcliffe.

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It should generally be one of either Harry or the duals per case, but Harry might be about half the number of each dual. I've seen 16 case breakdowns, and 14 of them had a dual or Harry, while 2 of them were "led" by Lupin. I hear that one contact at Artbox said informally that Harry was between 50 and 100; that's consistent with the numbers reported so far.

Here's my "working" estimates for the auto totals. It's still tenuous because 5 of the 16 reported cases were the same composition, and some of the costume and prop cards haven't shown up in any case breaks. I'll feel more comfortable about the relative autograph numbers if the prop and costume distribution comes a bit closer toward "predicting" the total print run, where we _know_ the numbers. I'm still assuming that the dual autographs were issued in about equal numbers.

# reported - estimated total - signer

3 - 65 - Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter (R)
5 - 120 - Richard Griffiths and Harry Melling
7 - 120 - Robert Pattison and Stanislav Ianevski
2 - 120 - Jamie Waylett and Joshua Herdman

5 - 120 - Richard Bremmer as voice of Vol. (R)
6 - 120 - Harry Taylor as Station Guard
6 - 120 - David Thewlis as Remus Lupin

7 - 190 - James Phelps as Fred Weasley
9 - 190 - Oliver Phelps as George Weasley

14 - 330 - Robert Hardy as Cornelius Fudge
14 - 330 - David Bradley as Argus Filch (R)
18 - 425 - Warwick Davis as Filius Flitwick

I adjusted totals to 2250, allowing for 2000 in boxes and a typical overrun for damage and replacements.