Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    CSI Miami Series 2 (Strictly Ink)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CSI Miami Series 2 (Strictly Ink)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
First report from the western shores! I'd be interested in hearing whether UK receivers had some of the same oddities in packaging. Mine were very low numbered boxes.

Box: 30 packs of 5 cards. Expect 2.02 base sets (72) per box if collation were perfect.

Outside the box, packaged in a team bag, are the gold-foil "logo" box card, individually numbered to 2500. In the same package were promo cards for Doctor Who Trilogy (B1 & WEB1), The Harryhausen Collection 2006 A, Hammer Films (Cards Inc.), and 2000AD (PR1).

The box was marked "Not for Resale within the USA" and says "unfortunately due to a print error, there are 5 cards in every pack and not 6 cards as shown the outer wrapper, apologies for any confusion caused." But the wrappers are actually CSI:Miami Series 1 wrappers, and advertise 7 cards per pack, 36 packs per box, 100 cards per set, etc. That seems to be a chance for even more confusion for people who want to buy packs from opened boxes. So maybe this wrapper choice was made only for the overseas box not-for-resale buyers.

BOX 0047

Base cards (72): 1 complete set, 21 short of 2nd, 22 extras.
Bonus Badge Cards (6, 1:12 packs): MI-ID1, MI-ID5, MI-ID6
Autograph Card: MI-B2, Adam Rodriguez as Eric Delko
Costume Card: CAIMS2-C2 Shirt worn by Tim "Speed" Speedle played by Rory Cochrane, "Lost Son"
Sketch: none
Logo Box Card: 47/2500

BOX 0048

Base cards (72): 1 complete set, 28 short of 2nd, 30 extras.
Bonus Badge Cards (6, 1:12 packs): MI-ID2, MI-ID3
Autograph Card: MI-B3, Sofia Milos as Det. Yelina Salas
Costume Card: CAIMS2-C3 Bloody pants worn by Calleigh Duquesne played by Emily Procter, "Recoil"
Sketch: none
Logo Box Card: 48/2500

Nice set, even if I didn't get a sketch or an interesting variant (no blood on that part of the pants). But since the checklist lists costume cards CSIMS3-C1 and CSIMS3-C2, it might mean there won't be a Miami Series 3 in the future.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
4 sketch cards is way below the odds stated in advertising[/QUOTE]

I e-mailed Barrie yesterday giving details of what I pulled.It's strange that I got the last numbered case and yet the Strictly Ink website says there are 20 cases left Confused.

The writing on my wrappers and boxes is the same as Allenders.I think it is just a case of they were printed first and then the product configuration changed.Your collation mirrors mine with the base sets,well short of a second set and 5 copies of some cards.

Not that bothered about the base sets really,it's the sketches I bought this for and I had hoped that buying a case would give me better results Frown .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
The wrappers in my box say same as yours allender.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I had half a case.

Got all the costume cards with two spares.

Two sketches - couldn't tell you who drew them, both by the same person. One of Horatio and one of Khandi Alexander.

I think in my boxes if I had a sketch card then I didn't have a costume card.

Just missing Khandi Alexander's auto.

Emily Proctor also signed along the bottom of my auto card. ( In the series one set I pulled two of her autos one signed in the middle and one signed along the bottom.)

My binder didn't have the costume card Frown.

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well my case went like this ...

Box 1741
ID Cards I01, I05, I06
Auto B6 Togo
Costume CSIMS3-C2 Miami Dade PD shirt

Box 1744
ID Cards I01, I02
Auto B5 Alexander
Costume CSIMS2-C2 Speedle shirt

Box 1745
ID Cards I03, I04, I05
Auto B2 Rodriguez
Costume CSIMS2-C3 Duquesne Pants (plain)

Box 1742
ID Cards I02, I03
Auto B7 Bliss
Sketch SK1 Lucy Harris

Box 1743
ID Cards I03, I06
Auto B7 Bliss
Costume CSIMS2-C1 Quicksilver shirt (plain)

Box 1746
ID Cards I02, I06
Auto B4 Procter
Sketch RAM - blood and pitchfork

Box 1739
ID Cards I01, I02, I06
Auto B7 Bliss
Sketch SK1 Carolyn Edwards "Horatio Caine"

Box 1740
ID Cards I03, I04
Auto B2 Rodriguez

Box 1738
ID Cards I02, I03, I04
Auto B7 Bliss

Box 1737
ID Cards I01, I02
Auto B1 Caruso
Sketch SK1 Nik Horatio lowering shades

Box 1736
ID Cards I04, I05, I06
Auto B2 Rodriguez

Box 1735
ID Cards I03, I06
Auto B7 Bliss

Box 1734
ID Cards I03, I04, I05
Auto B3 Milos

Box 1733
ID Cards I01, I02
Auto B5 Alexander
Sketch SK1 Nik Horatio in shades

Box 1732
ID Cards I04, I05, I06
Auto B7 Bliss
Costume CSIMS3-C2 Miami Dade PD shirt

Box 1731
ID Cards I02, I03
Auto B3 Milos
Costume CSIMS3-C1 Caine shirt

Box 1729
ID Cards I03, I04
Auto B7 Bliss
Costume CSIMS2-C3 Duquesne pants (tiny blood spot)

Box 1730
ID Cards I01, I05, I06
Auto Rodriguez
Sketch SK1 Lucy Harris

Totals
6 sketches ( 1 in every 3 boxes )
1x RAM, 1x Carolyn Edwards, 2x Nik and 2x Lucy Harris ( I thought Nik only did 25 for this set ? )

12 Costumes ( 2 in every 3 boxes )
CSIMS2-C1 x 4
CSIMS2-C2 x 3
CSIMS2-C3 x 2
CSIMS3-C1 x 1
CSIMS3-C2 x 2.

18 Autos ( 1 in each box )
B1 x1
B2 x4
B3 x2
B4 x1
B5 x2
B6 x1
B7 x7

I did not get any box cards as described by Allender above - did anyone else ?

Later : Oh yes I did - hidden under a cardboard flap of the case

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dis68,

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Top row : Carolyn Edwards, Nik, Nik
Bottom row : RAM, Lucy Harris, Lucy Harris

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LesleyW:

My binder had the Miami Dade PD Shirt and it turned out the 18 box numbered cards were there and nearly thrown away but I spotted them just before putting the case box into the cardboard recycling spot Eek .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dis68,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dis68:
quote:
Originally posted by LesleyW:

My binder had the Miami Dade PD Shirt and the preview card set but no numbered box/case card

I think only the first 100 binders had the costume card.The numbered cards were going to be put in the boxes as a topper but there was a problem of some kind.My case had all 18 cards in a plastic envelope on top of the case.There was no case topper as far as I know.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dis68:

I did not get any box cards as described by Allender above - did anyone else ?

My box cards were in a little plastic bag, all 9 of them together. I assume my dealer put them in there as they weren't in the sealed boxes. Each card has the same number as the box it comes from.

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received mine directly from Strictly Ink, and the box card and promos were outside the box cello but inside a second layer of foam-wrap padding that was taped around each box individually. I suppose that some resellers may not have realized that the Logo card was other than just another promo like the rest of the pack, and that it was numbered the same as the box.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

The writing on my wrappers and boxes is the same as Allenders.I think it is just a case of they were printed first and then the product configuration changed.

Yeah, I see that the wrapper does indeed say "Series Two" at the very bottom. But I don't think they managed to update anything on the set-composition description, because it describes exactly the composition of Series 1: 36 packs per box, 7 cards per pack, 100 base cards, 1-in-3 foil cards, 2 autos per box, and a binder offer with an exclusive auto. No mention of possible sketch cards. I bet the wrappers were printed a year ago, and maybe even the base cards.

It's certainly true that waiting to add sketches to the mix has increased almost everybody's interest. The licensing arrangement that forbids resales in North America severely limits Barrie's distribution and presale options. (Remember, we talked about that with the very first CSI-LV set.) But the fact that no USA cardmaker went after the series probably means that CBS wanted too much money for a "universal" license.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
4 sketch cards is way below the odds stated in advertising

Yes. The website gives numbers of sketches that add up to 670, and if the artists without numbers given drew 25 to 50 each, that would mean a range of 820-970, or from 1/3 to 40% chance of finding a sketch in a box, so I'd expect 6-7 per case. And Rich said he drew 125 sketches but the SI website gives a total of only 100 for him.

The pre-press said "almost 1000" sketch cards. The checklist card didn't list Hack, Hardy, and Spears, and I haven't seen sketches by Graham, Hickman, Mangue, Perez, Persampieri, Pronovost, or Shum reported yet. (But it's still early.)

Like Triple-Frog noted, card 71 gives the total of each costume card, and they add up to 2200. At one costume or sketch per box, that leaves room for about 25% "overs" and chances for uneven distribution.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Seems that B7 Bliss is the auto making up the bulk.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Auto B2 Rodriguez
Costume CSIMS2-C3 Duquesne Pants (plain)

hey! That's what was in my box too Smile Cute - now I don't have to retype *lol* I was pleased with my selection - although I did have quite a few damaged single cards in my box - I wonder if I'll be able to get them replaced since I'm in the US?

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just had a reply from Barrie.He said the cases have varied numbers of sketches from 5-9 per case.

He then went on to say he would send me two more sketches to bring me into line with the norm Sheep.

Brilliant customer service and why I buy as much of Strictly Ink's releases as I can Thumb Up .

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Has anybody else noticed that the picture on the back of the Boti Bliss auto is the same as the front of season 1 auto?

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of flobe
posted Hide Post
2 cases

44 base sets (MANY spares as most remaining cards for more sets have damaged corners)

14 BADGE ID Sets + 8 spares

9 Sketches (4 Tom Hodges, 2 Lucy Harris, 3 Molinelli)+ 1 Sketch redemption card

Autos: (35x)
MI-B1: 2
MI-B2: 8
MI-B3: 7
MI-B4: 2
MI-B5: 2
MI-B6: 2
Mi-B7: 12 (2 black 10 blue)

Costumes (26x)
CSIMS2-C1: 4 (1 with seam)
CSIMS2-C2: 6 (1 with a fold)
CSIMS2-C3: 6 (1 damaged, will be replaced)
CSIMS3-C1: 6
CSIMS3-C2: 4 (1 with blood stain)

Overall ok, but from 10 Sketches 5 duplicates overall Shake Head

35 boxes had 1 auto and 1 sketch or costume. 1 box had 0 autos but the sketch redemption and 1 costume. I wonder what sketch I get for the redemption because the name field on the back is blank.

pics:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flobe,

Posts: 792 | Location: Germany | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The sketch redemption can be anyone. I would put a note in with the card when you send it back letting Barrie know what you got in the cases.He is very good at trying to give you a different artist if at all possible.

What numbers were the boxes in your two cases?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple-Frog,

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of flobe
posted Hide Post
Box numbers were 163 - 180 and 1207 - 1224.
Barry knows the issue and I'm sure he will act like always: VERY customer friendly.
He has the best support and service ever. Thumb Up

Posts: 792 | Location: Germany | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted Hide Post
So far, with the exception of a very few sketches - I can't quite tell who the sketches are supposed to be of - are they a particular CSI character or are they just random people with sunglasses and/or 1/2 head shots?

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938

Posts: 654 | Location: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post