Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    CSI Miami Series 2 (Strictly Ink)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CSI Miami Series 2 (Strictly Ink)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted
Opened 2 boxes

5 of 6 Bonus ID Badge cards (missing MI-ID2)

Auto of Khandi Alexander as Sr Alexx Woods
Costume card - shirt worn by Tim Speedle in the episode Lost Son (that button really sticks out)
Auto of Boti Bliss asa Valera
Sketch of Horatio by Carolyn Edwards

Binder cards - the costume card is only in a limited number of binders. Also got a preview set (997/999) for the series 2 card set.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raj,

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the button card,thats a great varient Thumb Up .Hope to get mine next week as I was a bit late ordering.

I had a look at my Series 1 auto's and both the cards you have are quite different to the ones I have.

Your Boti Bliss signature is both larger and shakier than the small neat signature I have.The Khandi Alexander I have is a much fuller signature compared to yours.Very similar to how Sean Bean's auto in the LOTR releases deteriorated as time went on.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the great pulls. I ordered a box today so fingers crossed it'll arrive later this week.

Same here for the Botti Bliss auto my series one card is smaller and neater as well.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I didn't check my autos from the first set but it doesn't surprise me. It must get tiring after a while.

I was told that the numbered card I have down as a binder card is actually a box topper that didn't get included in the boxes. This explains why I had 2 in the binder numbered 4 and 5 - those are the numbers of my 2 boxes.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
My box arrived this morning:

Box #2453

I.D.Badges: 1,2,6

Auto: MI-B5 Khandi Alexander

Costume: CSIMS2-C1 Quicksilver T-Shirt worn by Tony Hawk (All Grey)

Sketch:None

Script Contest Card: 1

All in all a good box,I was hoping for a sketch but I'm going to pick up a box or two at the November shows so fingers crossed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AJJ,

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My case arrived this morning Dance .Hope I'm still dancing after I have opened it.

My boxes are numbered 2467 to 2484 making it the last full case in the print run.Hope this does not mean I get redemptions like I did with Dr Who Monochrome where I also had one of the last cases.

Box 2467 had one base set,I.D. cards 4 and 5,auto MI-B2 Adam Rodriguez Smile and costume card C1 Tony Hawk plain grey Frown .

Card 71 lists the production run numbers for the costume cards C1/425, C2/500, C3/500, C4/425, C5/350, a total of 2200. Either they have not all been put in the packs,there are far fewer sketches than previously thought, or best case scenario there are boxes with both a sketch and a costume.

Will update as I go through the boxes.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Box 2468 3 I.D. cards, Hodges sketch, Togo auto

Box 2470 3 I.D. cards, Harris sketch, No auto Frown .

Box 2472 2 I.D.cards, C2 costume, Milos auto.

Going to have an awful lot of base cards left over.Every box has had one set and then about half of a second set of 72 and and multiple third and fourth duplicates.Collation not great.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Box 2469 2 I.D. cards, C1 costume Frown, Proctor auto Smile .

Box 2471 2 I.D. cards, C3 Costume, Proctor auto.

The Emily Proctor auto cards are both signed at the bottom of the card rather than in the space on the right like all the others.Not that good as it makes the signature difficult to see against the dark blue background.

posted Hide Post
so you got 2 sketch cards out of 5 boxes????

Posts: 377 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
The breakdown is about 7 sketches per 18 box case (1000 sketches/2500 boxes on advertising) so 2 out of 5 is 40%, spot-on ratio so far

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Finished opening the rest of the case,probably the most depressing box opening experience I have had since Harry Potter POA Update Frown.

As I said in my first post I hoped I was still dancing after the cards.Sadly the only dancing was on the empty boxes in frustration Mad .

Every box had either 2 or 3 I.D. cards so I won't bother to list them antmore.

Box 2475 S3 C1 costume,Bliss auto.
2478 C3 costume, Milos auto.
2473 C3 costume, Bliss auto.
2474 S3 C1 costume,Rodriguez auto.
2476 C1 costume, Alexander auto.
2477 C2 costume, Bliss auto.
2479 Hodges sketch, Bliss auto.
2480 S3 C1 costume, Rodriguez auto.
2481 C1 costume, Bliss auto.
2482 C2 costume, Rodriguez auto.
2483 S3 C2 costume, Caruso auto.
2484 Pagarigan xketch, Milos auto.

Totals CSIS2-C1 x 4
CSIS2-C2 x 3
CSIS2-C3 x 3
CSIS3-C1 x 3
CSIS3-C2 x 1.

Autos B1 x 1
B2 x 4
B3 x 3
B4 x 2
B5 x 1
B6 x 1
B7 x 5
One box missing an auto.

4 sketches of varying quality from "very good" to "I could have done that".

I had a bad feeling when I saw this was the last full case and unfortunately was proved correct.Dr.Who monochrome was the same with lower numbered boxes generally getting the lions share of the quality sketches.

I don't like to moan because I have always liked Strictjy Ink's products but the hype and the sell sheet figures led me to expect rather more than I got Frown .

posted Hide Post
OK that ratio makes sense. You listed you got 4 sketch cards. Harris, Hodges, and a Pagarigan...who was the 4th? Or did you get 2 Hodges???

Posts: 377 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
Did everyone's scanner break at the same time? Where are the images?

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Pedicini Jr.:
OK that ratio makes sense. You listed you got 4 sketch cards. Harris, Hodges, and a Pagarigan...who was the 4th? Or did you get 2 Hodges???

4 sketch cards is way below the odds stated in advertising

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
It says one auto and either a sketch or a costume card per box. I can't see any other odds regarding sketch cards.

Most of the artists seem to have done 50 cards with a few having done 25 and one having done 100. There are no numbers against 3 artists.

posted Hide Post
If anyone gets any sketch cards could they please post scans? I would love to see what you got.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Here's what my auto and costume look like.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
It says one auto and either a sketch or a costume card per box. I can't see any other odds regarding sketch cards.

Most of the artists seem to have done 50 cards with a few having done 25 and one having done 100. There are no numbers against 3 artists.

Quite right - it was it the advertising sent out by SI

"There are almost 1000 Hand Drawn Sketch Cards inserted across the print run of 2,500 Boxes and these have been drawn by 20 different artists, the best in this field and on average no artist has drawn more than 25 sketch cards"

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted Hide Post
Triple-Frog,

Drop me a line at rubadubspawn@hotmail.com if you're interested in letting go of some of your extra autographs.

Thanks!

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938

Posts: 654 | Location: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
I did 125 sketches for this release. Didn't even have time to scan most of them. Frown

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post