Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    British Horror Collection ( Unstoppable Cards, 2017 )
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

British Horror Collection ( Unstoppable Cards, 2017 )
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Finished opening my boxes. Did not take long as this is Unstoppables first set in a box release as opposed to packs in a box.

IMO this is a much better format than the traditional one with less wasted packing materials and duplicate base cards.

Each box has a 92 card base set covering ten british produced horror films with lots of nice images and an 18 card silver foil chase set of UK and foreign film posters. There are three premium cards in each box, two autographs and either a sketch or printing plate.

For me the main attraction was the sketch cards and the ones in this release were a big step up in quality from previous releases. Here is what I got from inside the boxes :

Danielle Adams x 2, Jack Chattox.

Kitty Lydia Dye, Marcia Dye, Jonty Gates.

Jonty Gates, Mike Hannan x 2.

Phil Hassewer, Edgar Holz, Laura Inglis.

Tony Miello, Matthew Parmenter, Clay Sayre.

Solly Mohammed x 3.

Mark Stroud, ???, Sue Thomas.

These last four are incentives :

Wesley Smith x 2.

Louise Draper, Andy Fry.

A nice touch is the different card design for each of the ten movies so you can tell from which film each sketch is.

In one of the boxes I also found a facsimilie signature card for Dennis Price.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually their Lost Worlds of Gerry Anderson and My Favourite Martian were the same 'factory set' format so not the first of this kind from Unstoppable.
How did your autos break down, Triple?

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Have to admit I did not keep a box by box record of the autographs but roughly per 10 box case :

Paul Stockman PS3 3 per case
Nicholas Granby NG1 and NG2 4 per case, 2 of each.
Susan Jamieson SJ1 and SJ2 3 per case, 2 of one and I of the other.
Judy Mathieson JM1 2 per case.
Veronica Carlson VC1 and VC2 3 per case, 2 of one and 1 of the other.
Valerie Leon VL1 or VL2 1 per case.
Jess Conrad JC1 I per case.
Martine Beswick MB1 or MB2 1 per case.
Jenny Hanley JH1 or JH2 1 per case.

How was your breakdown Spencer?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love this Product - Total AWESOME Smile

My 3-Case Break !

Sketch Cards

1. Marcia Dye

2. Phil Hassewer

3. M. Mohambo

4. B. Jones

5. Adam & Bekah Cleveland

6. Clay Sayre

7. J(AY)

8. Kevin Meinert ?

9. Laura Inglis

10. Joam Gates

11. Solly Mohammed

12. Solly Mohammed

13. Edgar Holz

14. Jason Westlake

15. Chris Townsek

16. Bruce Gerlach

17. Danielle Adams

18. Unknown ?

19. Kitty Lydia Dye

Case Incentive Sketch Cards

1. Andy Frey

2. Westley Smith

3. Westley Smith

4. Louise Draper

Posts: 38 | Location: Germany | Registered: February 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi. Your email is not in your profile.
Could you pm me regarding some of your sketch cards.
My email is in my profile...Thanks

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Those cards have all been printed 90 degrees off. I'd ask for my money back if I was you.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin yeah Head straight to the left Wink

Posts: 38 | Location: Germany | Registered: February 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, not as clear as usual but:

Case 801-810
First up 4 plates #31 front, #32 back, #34 back, #76 front.
6 sketches
Colour Laura Inglis Count - Lust Vampire
Colour Rory McQueen Severed hand - Blood Mummy's Tomb
Colour Solly Mohammed Chris Lee - To the Devil a Daughter
Colour Rory McQueen Dracula -Scars
Colour Westley Smith Kinski - To the Devil a Daughter (gorgeous!)
Colour Rouse (???) Yutte - Lust

Case topper had colour Scott Fellowes of Valerie Leon from Blood/Mummy's Tomb
Front/Back of card #23
Facsimile Autocard of Ralph Bates
Autograph Judy Mathieson JM-CASE

Autos
3x VC1
2x SJ1
2x SJ1(variant)
2x NG1
2x NG2
4x PS3
2x JM1
1x VL1
1x JC1
1x MB1

Not a bad breakdown, bit miffed at the double autographs from same person but seems to be the thing now. On the whole happy, but still a couple if cards to complete set. Vast improvement on the quality of sketches and the variance of subject.
Would share the sketch card images if I knew how. The Westley is a beaut. Chuffed with that alone.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Spencer Quist,

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trying to get a sketch from each film if possible! Ha ha!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Good Evening

I bought 1 box and I found the following other than the base set and chase set:-

VC2 Veronica Carlson autograph as Elizabeth Heiss in Horror of Frankenstein
SJ2 Susan Jameson autograph as Diane in I, Monster
3 web promos WEB1-WEB3
B1 & B2
SKIM1 Sketch card by Matthew W Parmenter featuring a scene from I, Monster

HC-PR1 Supercar numbered 67/100

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also split a case with a mate. From five boxes, my half, came:

2 plates. Back #F9, back #74
Colour McHugh Lass on knife board - Circus of Fear
Colour Byron Brower (???) Valerie in headdress - Blood Mummy's Tomb
Colour Jay Guy strangled by snake - Blood Mummy's Tomb

1x NG1
1x NG2
2x SJ1(same card)
2x VC2
2x PS3
1x MB2
1x JM1

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
so the cards that come in the binder are not exclusive to the binder?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't get any WEB cards at all!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

Wolfie

I omitted to say that I also bought a binder.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

Wolfie

I omitted to say that I also bought a binder.

regards

John

Ah right, thanks John. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The sketches look pretty good for this release (Triple Frog - awesome Andy Fry Victor Frankenstein!)

Hopefully my two boxes and a binder arrive soon - I have word they've left LA. Hoping for a sketch... Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcole:
The sketches look pretty good for this release (Triple Frog - awesome Andy Fry Victor Frankenstein!)

Hopefully my two boxes and a binder arrive soon - I have word they've left LA. Hoping for a sketch... Thumb Up

Famous last words but you " should " get at least one sketch. Most cases had six sketches and four print plates, a few had seven sketches and three print plates.

posted Hide Post
The case I split turned out to be 50/50 between plates and sketches. No complaint though as the sketches were so sweet. Plus the plates actually had some content rathercthan be blank. Which is often frustrating.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
quote:
Originally posted by dcole:

Famous last words but you " should " get at least one sketch. Most cases had six sketches and four print plates, a few had seven sketches and three print plates.

That's what I'm hoping, since the "advertised" insert ratio was 60/40 sketch-to-plate overall. Don't know how they pack shipments of just a couple of boxes - sucessive box numbers or random - but hopefully at least one is a sketch. Smile

Any idea what the binders are like and if they contain any cards?

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I quite liked the design of the binders. There are two binder exclusive cards B1 and B2.