Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
British Horror Collection ( Unstoppable Cards, 2017 )

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4026073384/m/9247080686

April 13, 2017, 11:10 AM
dcole
British Horror Collection ( Unstoppable Cards, 2017 )
Thanks for confirming the binder cards, Triple Frog. I really liked the Wickerman binder so it sounds like this one will be nice, too. Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.
April 13, 2017, 11:45 AM
Spencer Quist
Front of binder is the box design, reverse is a single shot of Chris Lee from Scars of Dracula.
Very neat. The binder should come with two binder cards B1 and B2 and also a print plate.

April 14, 2017, 12:45 AM
dcole
Thanks for the additional info, Spencer! That sounds like a great binder and it will be cool if there is a plate included. Boy, now I *really* better get a sketch in one of those boxes, lol. Big Grin

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.
April 14, 2017, 06:14 AM
Spencer Quist
Don't quote me. Just going by the advertising that said two promos AND print plate.

April 14, 2017, 01:09 PM
dcole
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:
Don't quote me. Just going by the advertising that said two promos AND print plate.

Gotcha'. I looked all over Unstoppable's site and Facebook page for info regarding the binders, but found nothing. When my package finally arrives, I shall report on the contents, ending this speculation once and for all. Big Grin Thumb Up

April 14, 2017, 02:45 PM
Spencer Quist
Webpage description says
"British Horror Collection BINDER 1/240 comes with free basic printers plate and 2 card promo set"

April 14, 2017, 04:20 PM
JOHN LEVITT
quote:
Webpage description says
"British Horror Collection BINDER 1/240 comes with free basic printers plate and 2 card promo set"

I have the binder and the 2 binder cards but no printers plate was included.

regards

John

April 14, 2017, 05:59 PM
dcole
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
quote:
Webpage description says

I have the binder and the 2 binder cards but no printers plate was included.

regards

John

Well, that's not cool - to advertise something and not follow-through with it. Frown

April 16, 2017, 02:16 PM
vondrake

I got one box. Very happy with my autos and sketches! Sketches are by Jason Westlake and Matthew W. Parmenter
April 16, 2017, 06:10 PM
Ledmax
Awesome Break Thumb Up

two Sketch Cards from one Box is f...great
April 16, 2017, 07:15 PM
dcole
Wow, two sketches out of a single box, plus Veronica Carlson for one or your autos? I'd say that's one excellent box!! Smile

April 20, 2017, 02:33 AM
dcole
Picked up my shipment at the post office the other day. I got the Binder + 1 box deal, plus an additional box. The boxes were numbered #549 and #550 of 1000. The binder did come with 2 binder cards B1 and B2. There was also a printers plate included but lol something went seriously wrong with this one. It was supposed to be the back of card #27 - a scene from The Horror of Frankenstein - but as you can see it looks like the image was wiped clean! Eek

I was expecting to receive a special promo pack in this shipment since I'd emailed Barrie after receiving the email offer. There was no promo pack included however what was included with the binder cards was a nice sketch card by Sue Thomas! Definitely made up for the bizarre printer's plate. Smile

Then from the boxes I pulled four decent autographs (below), a printer's plate (this one looked great) AND a sketch! I do need help with the artist's name, though, Looks like Edgar A. Something...

In all a nice set. Good selection of images from the various films and I liked the black and white images on the backs of the cards. The foil cards are great as I really like movie poster art. Would have liked the to have received the promo pack and that printer's plate is kind of ridiculous but hey, I received an extra sketch so it's all good. Thumb Up

Edited to add: think my unknown sketch may be by Edgar Holtz? Also pleased to see that based upon other's breaks that the Martine Beswick autograph (the one I was most stoked to pull) seems to be falling one per case so really happy about that!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dcole,

April 20, 2017, 03:37 AM
Triple-Frog
The Jenny Hanley auto also only falls one per case so you did very well Thumb Up .
April 20, 2017, 06:32 AM
Jason Wright
quote:
Originally posted by dcole:
Picked up my shipment at the post office the other day. I got the Binder + 1 box deal, plus an additional box. The boxes were numbered #549 and #550 of 1000. The binder did come with 2 binder cards B1 and B2. There was also a printers plate included but lol something went seriously wrong with this one. It was supposed to be the back of card #27 - a scene from The Horror of Frankenstein - but as you can see it looks like the image was wiped clean! Eek

I was expecting to receive a special promo pack in this shipment since I'd emailed Barrie after receiving the email offer. There was no promo pack included however what was included with the binder cards was a nice sketch card by Sue Thomas! Definitely made up for the bizarre printer's plate. Smile

Then from the boxes I pulled four decent autographs (below), a printer's plate (this one looked great) AND a sketch! I do need help with the artist's name, though, Looks like Edgar A. Something...

In all a nice set. Good selection of images from the various films and I liked the black and white images on the backs of the cards. The foil cards are great as I really like movie poster art. Would have liked the to have received the promo pack and that printer's plate is kind of ridiculous but hey, I received an extra sketch so it's all good. Thumb Up

Edited to add: think my unknown sketch may be by Edgar Holtz? Also pleased to see that based upon other's breaks that the Martine Beswick autograph (the one I was most stoked to pull) seems to be falling one per case so really happy about that!

Hi, I think the sketch is Edgar Hernandez. Regards the plate, they use 4 plates for each image which are all appear to be different shades of grey, there is always a plate, depending on the colour one of the 4 plates would always be virtually blank except for the numbering on the bottom. I received a few like that too!
April 21, 2017, 11:40 AM
dcole
Thanks for the help on the artist, Jason. Oh, and that makes sense now about the printers plate. I wasn't thinking about there being four different grayscale plates so one would be that light. I'll just consider it an oddity. Thumb Up

April 21, 2017, 11:42 AM
dcole
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
The Jenny Hanley auto also only falls one per case so you did very well Thumb Up .

Nice! I wasn't sure but thanks for confirming that, TF!!