Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    British Horror Collection ( Unstoppable Cards, 2017 )
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

British Horror Collection ( Unstoppable Cards, 2017 )
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for confirming the binder cards, Triple Frog. I really liked the Wickerman binder so it sounds like this one will be nice, too. Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Front of binder is the box design, reverse is a single shot of Chris Lee from Scars of Dracula.
Very neat. The binder should come with two binder cards B1 and B2 and also a print plate.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the additional info, Spencer! That sounds like a great binder and it will be cool if there is a plate included. Boy, now I *really* better get a sketch in one of those boxes, lol. Big Grin

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't quote me. Just going by the advertising that said two promos AND print plate.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:
Don't quote me. Just going by the advertising that said two promos AND print plate.

Gotcha'. I looked all over Unstoppable's site and Facebook page for info regarding the binders, but found nothing. When my package finally arrives, I shall report on the contents, ending this speculation once and for all. Big Grin Thumb Up

posted Hide Post
Webpage description says
"British Horror Collection BINDER 1/240 comes with free basic printers plate and 2 card promo set"

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Webpage description says
"British Horror Collection BINDER 1/240 comes with free basic printers plate and 2 card promo set"

I have the binder and the 2 binder cards but no printers plate was included.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
quote:
Webpage description says

I have the binder and the 2 binder cards but no printers plate was included.

regards

John

Well, that's not cool - to advertise something and not follow-through with it. Frown

Picture of vondrake
posted Hide Post

I got one box. Very happy with my autos and sketches! Sketches are by Jason Westlake and Matthew W. Parmenter

Posts: 20 | Location: Bloomington, IL | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome Break Thumb Up

two Sketch Cards from one Box is f...great

Posts: 38 | Location: Germany | Registered: February 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow, two sketches out of a single box, plus Veronica Carlson for one or your autos? I'd say that's one excellent box!! Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Picked up my shipment at the post office the other day. I got the Binder + 1 box deal, plus an additional box. The boxes were numbered #549 and #550 of 1000. The binder did come with 2 binder cards B1 and B2. There was also a printers plate included but lol something went seriously wrong with this one. It was supposed to be the back of card #27 - a scene from The Horror of Frankenstein - but as you can see it looks like the image was wiped clean! Eek

I was expecting to receive a special promo pack in this shipment since I'd emailed Barrie after receiving the email offer. There was no promo pack included however what was included with the binder cards was a nice sketch card by Sue Thomas! Definitely made up for the bizarre printer's plate. Smile

Then from the boxes I pulled four decent autographs (below), a printer's plate (this one looked great) AND a sketch! I do need help with the artist's name, though, Looks like Edgar A. Something...

In all a nice set. Good selection of images from the various films and I liked the black and white images on the backs of the cards. The foil cards are great as I really like movie poster art. Would have liked the to have received the promo pack and that printer's plate is kind of ridiculous but hey, I received an extra sketch so it's all good. Thumb Up

Edited to add: think my unknown sketch may be by Edgar Holtz? Also pleased to see that based upon other's breaks that the Martine Beswick autograph (the one I was most stoked to pull) seems to be falling one per case so really happy about that!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dcole,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Jenny Hanley auto also only falls one per case so you did very well Thumb Up .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcole:
Picked up my shipment at the post office the other day. I got the Binder + 1 box deal, plus an additional box. The boxes were numbered #549 and #550 of 1000. The binder did come with 2 binder cards B1 and B2. There was also a printers plate included but lol something went seriously wrong with this one. It was supposed to be the back of card #27 - a scene from The Horror of Frankenstein - but as you can see it looks like the image was wiped clean! Eek

I was expecting to receive a special promo pack in this shipment since I'd emailed Barrie after receiving the email offer. There was no promo pack included however what was included with the binder cards was a nice sketch card by Sue Thomas! Definitely made up for the bizarre printer's plate. Smile

Then from the boxes I pulled four decent autographs (below), a printer's plate (this one looked great) AND a sketch! I do need help with the artist's name, though, Looks like Edgar A. Something...

In all a nice set. Good selection of images from the various films and I liked the black and white images on the backs of the cards. The foil cards are great as I really like movie poster art. Would have liked the to have received the promo pack and that printer's plate is kind of ridiculous but hey, I received an extra sketch so it's all good. Thumb Up

Edited to add: think my unknown sketch may be by Edgar Holtz? Also pleased to see that based upon other's breaks that the Martine Beswick autograph (the one I was most stoked to pull) seems to be falling one per case so really happy about that!

Hi, I think the sketch is Edgar Hernandez. Regards the plate, they use 4 plates for each image which are all appear to be different shades of grey, there is always a plate, depending on the colour one of the 4 plates would always be virtually blank except for the numbering on the bottom. I received a few like that too!

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help on the artist, Jason. Oh, and that makes sense now about the printers plate. I wasn't thinking about there being four different grayscale plates so one would be that light. I'll just consider it an oddity. Thumb Up

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
The Jenny Hanley auto also only falls one per case so you did very well Thumb Up .

Nice! I wasn't sure but thanks for confirming that, TF!!