Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Game of Thrones Iron Anniversary Series Two (Rittenhouse Archives, 2021)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Iron Anniversary Series Two (Rittenhouse Archives, 2021)
 Login/Join

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted
Normally I pass on the high-end stuff,but my wife wanted to get me something for my birthday and this came up. Here's what was in box 14527.

40 base cards, 1 Copper Parallel
1 Inflexions Expansion card (1:9)
1 Silver Inflexions Expansion Card 52/75
1 Battles card (1:9)
1 Laser Cut card L50 Rickon
1 Metal card E18 Tywin Lannister
2 Inscription autographs
Kerry Ingram as Shireen Baratheon "Game of Thrones"
Ian Gelder as Ser Kevan Lannister "Tyrion's Uncle"

Thoughts: Base cards are beautiful, 9 nice portrait shots of each character, such as Arya or Jon Snow, with a puzzle back. The autos were both people I did not have, however they were not major characters. This box was expensive, a good auto or a nice sketch would have gone far.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Don Norton,

Posts: 2912 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
I thought I'd buy just one last box from a GoT title as I didn't bother with Iron Series 1.
The boxes are limited to 15,000 for this Series 2.

40 base cards, no doubles + 2 Gold parallel
1 Inflexions Expansion
1 Battles card
1 Laser Cut
1 Metal Expressions E8 Varys(listed on RA as HO8)
2 Inscriptions autographs:
Kerry Ingram "Burned at the stake"
Megan Parkinson "Game of Thrones"

The Ingram autograph was OK, although I have more than one of her from previous sets. Overall the price tag of a box is ridiculous! I actually feel a little robbed. I don't expect the big hit as I'm not that kind of lucky, but come onnnn that is nowhere near the value of the box. Roll Eyes Perhaps guarantee a relic and 3 autographs.
Oh well, never again. And I'm seriously considering only ever buying the odd autograph from any RA set in the future, they are producing diluted rip-off boxes now. I can't remember the last time I got a box that had anything other than dross in it. Roll Eyes

Posts: 423 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Sad to say, those are two typical boxes. At least the "Burned at the stake" inscription is pretty good for the character.

The only reason why I'm supposed to be picking up a couple of them is to complete the base set from Iron I. I'll post them when a do, but I have zero expectation of anything approximating value. Frown

Posts: 10408 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I liked the inscription. Kind of describes my luck with the box too. Big Grin
It would have been slightly better if I'd had one of the new signers even if it was a common. Oh well...

Posts: 423 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So my two boxes turned out to be consecutive numbers in the same case. While I didn't kill anything, it could have been worse.

Box #6241:
40 Base Cards. 1 Gold parallel
1 InfleXions Expansion, #194
1 Battle, #B12
1 Laser, #L82 Embrose
1 Metal, #E30 Catelyn Stark
1 Quote Relic. #QC4 Robb Stark
2 Autographs, Mia Soteriou (FB) and Harry Grasby Inscription "Smalljon's Son"

Box #6242:
40 Base Cards, 1 Gold and 1 Platinum parallel
1 Inflexions Expansion, #170
1 Battle, #B16
1 Laser, #L56 Talisa Maegur
1 Metal, #E26 Tormund Giantsbane
2 Autographs, Gwendolin Christie (V) and Mark Killen Inscription "Mero"

So I now have 80 base cards in 2 boxes, no doubles and missing 19 to complete the set. I will get those easy enough.

Got the extra relic/quote, which is a plus.

All 4 autographs were unreadable if you didn't have the names on the cards. The 2 inscriptions were uninspired. Best thing was that 2 are new signers even though common characters and that 3rd Christie has been awhile coming, so I was pleased with those. Overall I was happy getting at least something I could use and the extra hit. I would put them on the higher side of average boxes, but only if you are interested in any new signers and you care about making the twin halfs of this set. It was good to see that consecutive numbered boxes don't repeat the same base cards.

Posts: 10408 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
I’d say you did well on the Christie and the Robb Stark. I opened 3 cases and only got one Christie...

Posts: 3214 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Jeez, that's depressing. They made too much of this product with too little in the boxes. Honestly even with Iron 1, the cards were no better than what came out of a regular season's $80 box.

That's just my impression based on what I pulled from a fair number of boxes. And I had much better results with the higher end InfleXions and Valyrian than in Iron too. It seems Iron 2 boxes are still not sold out thru RA. The break reports aren't making that any better. To swap out the slogan "Win a Clarke or Die". Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Jeez, that's depressing. They made too much of this product with too little in the boxes. Honestly even with Iron 1, the cards were no better than what came out of a regular season's $80 box.

That's just my impression based on what I pulled from a fair number of boxes. And I had much better results with the higher end InfleXions and Valyrian than in Iron too. It seems Iron 2 boxes are still not sold out thru RA. The break reports aren't making that any better. To swap out the slogan "Win a Clarke or Die". Big Grin

Pretty much! I think you have a better chance of winning Powerball. Yes, I opened 3 cases and only got one Christie and one Toramund. Ironically I also got the Shireen card, but she was in series 1. Amy said I could return it to them for a series 2 of similar value, so I did. I think Rittenhouse just got it. Ordinarily, I wouldn’t have bothered but I still have 3 unsold Shireen autographs from June. My very best pull from the three cases was a really nice Dragon sketch card.

Posts: 3214 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I opened three boxes earlier this month.

Box 3416
40 base cards
1 copper base parallel, #36 numbered 038/199
1 gold base parallel, #119 numbered 92/99
1 Expressions card E6 Ned Stark
1 Battles card B8 Assault on the Dreadfort
1 Laser card L60 Yara Greyjoy
1 Inflexions Expansion card 184
1 Inscription autograph by David Verrey "The Riot of King's Landing" qty range 10-25
1 Full Bleed autograph by Patrick Malahide as Balon Greyjoy (EL)

Box 6411
40 base cards
1 copper base parallel, #90 numbered 081/199
1 Expressions card E2 Daenerys Targaryen
1 Battles card B12 Battle of Winterfell: War of the Five Kings
1 Laser card L70 Oberyn Martell
1 Inflexions Expansion card 170
1 Gold Icons card G8 House Stark
1 Inscription autograph by Gwendoline Christie "You need trust to have a truce" qty range 25-50 Smile
1 Inscription autograph by Megan Parkinson "Killed by Wights" qty range 10-25

Box 8608
40 base cards
1 copper base parallel, #194 numbered 088/199
1 gold base parallel, #198 numbered 25/99
1 Expressions card E14 Stannis Baratheon
1 Battles card B4 Mutiny at Craster's Keep
1 Laser card L52 Shae
1 Inflexions Expansion card 188
1 Inscription autograph by Mark Killeen "Braavosi" qty range 75-100
1 dual autograph by Conleth Hill and Aidan Gillen (EL) Thumb Up

I did well with the autographs from these boxes. The Gold Icons metal card was also nice to see.

I am only short two base cards to finish this set (#119 & #122). I have 23 doubles left over.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Hey Curler, I broke 2 boxes of Iron 2, then I set out to pick up the base cards I was missing. I spoke to guys who broke another 4 boxes and traded.

Guess which 2 cards I'm still missing. Right, #119 and #122, both Cersei. They didn't have either one in their boxes. I think I made the full base in Iron 1 with 3 boxes. Do we have a pattern here?

The way these boxes were packed, I think you may get many doubles before you get the complete set.

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curler:
I opened three boxes earlier this month.

Box 3416
40 base cards
1 copper base parallel, #36 numbered 038/199
1 gold base parallel, #119 numbered 92/99
1 Expressions card E6 Ned Stark
1 Battles card B8 Assault on the Dreadfort
1 Laser card L60 Yara Greyjoy
1 Inflexions Expansion card 184
1 Inscription autograph by David Verrey "The Riot of King's Landing" qty range 10-25
1 Full Bleed autograph by Patrick Malahide as Balon Greyjoy (EL)

Box 6411
40 base cards
1 copper base parallel, #90 numbered 081/199
1 Expressions card E2 Daenerys Targaryen
1 Battles card B12 Battle of Winterfell: War of the Five Kings
1 Laser card L70 Oberyn Martell
1 Inflexions Expansion card 170
1 Gold Icons card G8 House Stark
1 Inscription autograph by Gwendoline Christie "You need trust to have a truce" qty range 25-50 Smile
1 Inscription autograph by Megan Parkinson "Killed by Wights" qty range 10-25

Box 8608
40 base cards
1 copper base parallel, #194 numbered 088/199
1 gold base parallel, #198 numbered 25/99
1 Expressions card E14 Stannis Baratheon
1 Battles card B4 Mutiny at Craster's Keep
1 Laser card L52 Shae
1 Inflexions Expansion card 188
1 Inscription autograph by Mark Killeen "Braavosi" qty range 75-100
1 dual autograph by Conleth Hill and Aidan Gillen (EL) Thumb Up

I did well with the autographs from these boxes. The Gold Icons metal card was also nice to see.

I am only short two base cards to finish this set (#119 & #122). I have 23 doubles left over.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Hey Curler, I broke 2 boxes of Iron 2, then I set out to pick up the base cards I was missing. I spoke to guys who broke another 4 boxes and traded.

Guess which 2 cards I'm still missing. Right, #119 and #122, both Cersei. They didn't have either one in their boxes. I think I made the full base in Iron 1 with 3 boxes. Do we have a pattern here?

The way these boxes were packed, I think you may get many doubles before you get the complete set.

I must have had the exact opposite in my cases because I have two extras of both of those cards!

I am looking for a few from S1 and one or two from S2 I would be more than happy to trade to finish your sets off.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Email sent to you. Smile

Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
Like Raven said, Email sent!

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I opened 3 cases and only had about 12 cards left over. I made a ton of base sets. My extras were all Aryas and a couple of Cersei.