Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    70 Years of Marvel Comics...aka Marvel 70th Anniversary (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

70 Years of Marvel Comics...aka Marvel 70th Anniversary (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:
Did anyone else notice that there are foil parallels of the "Tribute" set?

Yup, they fall 1 per box (on average) so one set per case (assuming perfect coalation).

I've only opened 6 boxes so far and I've got a huge stack of chase cards (not including the base parallels or sketches). It's kinda nice.

More sketches:

Kristin Allen Big Grin

Brian Shearer

And I need help with the artist on this one:

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wax Wombat:
Wow. I'm completely impressed by the quality of the sketches in this product. I was on the fence about buying a box... Not so much now, I think I might have to try one.

They're really fun to open. You definitely should!

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:
And I need help with the artist on this one:

That would be Crystal by Irma Ahmed.

Sweet sketch, email sent. Wink

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ed. Wave Email returned, and I pulled another sketch I think you will be interested in. Will post pic soon.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
3 more boxes:

Cezar Razek

Brian Postman

and
Marc Ferreira

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I must complain to RA.

Miss Lizzy got the case that was supposed to go to me. Drool

Email returned! Bouncey

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 2 Case break. 25 sketches. One box had two.

Posts: 33 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Gst177 Nice 2 case break Love that Gooney Toons and Owens Storm sketch jam also like that X-23 Antonio sketch

millhouse

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
That Invisible Woman is awesome! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Busted 7 boxes the other day.

And the real gem!

thanks for the look!

Posts: 6 | Location: Ottawa, ON | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
That's a great 7 boxes !

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Final 6 boxes:

Steven Miller

Mark dos Santos

Geo

Tone Rodriguez

Buddy Prince

Tony Fleecs

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
My case arrived today so I am up late freeing everything from their foil packets. Rittenhouse did a great job on this set and I'm glad I got a case even though I don't collect Marvel. My case provided a full parallel set as well as all the chase sets, with perfect collation for the rarer inserts (2 sets of the plastic cards and of the sticker cards).

Here's the sketches (please let me know any I misidentify:
- Strait Galactus
- Razek Tigra
- Rubinstein Peter Parker
- Barnett Elektra
- Haun Elektra
- Prince Spiderwoman
- Ferreira Grey Hulk
- Magno Black Panther
- Czop Thing vs Champion
- Axebone She-Hulk
- Neocleus Watcher
- Molinelli Moon Knight

Thank you to all the artists who did such a great job on this set. I love the fact that so many of the sketches are action shots. The Nik, Ferreira and the unsigned She-Hulk have almost a glow. I think this case is probably the most consistently high quality set of sketches I have ever pulled.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tangent,

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
here are my two cases

here are my pulls from the archive box

i also pulled a tan tigra and pekar storm

i also pulled this 9 card andy price puzzle he only did 13 puzzles and they were inserted into hotboxes so you chances of pulling one are 1 in every 615 boxes or about 51 cases

Posts: 230 | Location: pa | Registered: March 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Nice case Jen! I really dig Sonny Strait's work on this set and Razek is always good (especially his women)

The charachter depicted in the Czop card is Death's champion from the early 80's three book mini series Contest of Champions. I can not seem to find if he actually had a name.

Nick, while there is a whole lot of coolness going on in your pulls, the nostolga in me loves the Prince with Union Jack and Cap.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
One of the reasons I like Price sketches is the amount of story he is able to convey about the characters and that panel is an absolute masterpiece.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
those are awesome sketches guys Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Ended up opening 6 more boxes, but now I'm done. I swear!

Tony Fleecs

Mark Dos Santos

Kristin Allen

Irma Ahmed

Darren Chandler

Cezar Razek

Big Grin

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
awesome Thor and a great Wasp as well Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post