Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Twilight Zone, The Complete (Rittenhouse Archives 2009)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4026073384/m/910103752

December 29, 2009, 08:55 PM
barobehere
Twilight Zone, The Complete (Rittenhouse Archives 2009)
Found myself at Van's cards and comics today and picked up a box of Complete TZ even thought I promised myself I would not start on this!
Box 3602 of 4000
1 Base Set
2 A Life Of Its Own Z3, Z4
4 Autographs A-120, A-121, A-122, A-125
3 In Motion Lenticular L-9, L-10, L-11
2 Portraits Por3, Por7

Lots of fun. Now to add 45 more autos to the list of TZ autos I need!
January 03, 2010, 07:50 PM
Andrew Nolan
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Cool, Andrew! I think with over 500 points, you already have enough to get something.

I was lucky enough to be around for the beginning of the Twilight Zone card line about 10 years ago.
For the first series, I bought a few boxes and then the rest of the autographed singles from dealers and Ebay, once I decided I could finish the set, having been lucky enough to get a Shatner autograph in one of my boxes.

Series II, I just went in for a whole case from the start, and what a blast that was to open, so loaded was that set with great autographs.

I somehow missed out on Series III and still have only a few of those autographs. Something to work on!

And once Series IV came around I just picked up a rare "Archive" box, so I could finish the set all at once. And even though I knew what was going to be in those packs, it is still one of my favorite hobby memories, opening that incredible box.

With this most recent series, I just had to get a case, and I ended up pretty lucky as my post above shows. Except for Series III, I have almost all of the autographs from the other four sets.

Hopefully, Rittenhouse has at least one more TZ to go, an Art or Masterpieces series would be fantastic, since they could add sketch cards to the mix. Good luck on your next purchase, and thanks for sharing this one!

The history of your TZ collection was quite interesting. Do you recall if you received all of the pack inserted autographs in a full case from TZ series 2?

I am now close to completing my TZ Series 5 set. What happens next? I am already looking back at the prior sets to see if any can be completed (at a reasonable price, of course).

My non-sport card history is quite brief. After 45 years, my 1964 Topps Outer Limits set was finally completed earlier this year. I also have the Rittenhouse Outer Limits set (original TV version only) which is also complete.

I may have been bitten by the non-sport bug though as I really enjoyed this TZ set.
January 03, 2010, 08:36 PM
chesspieceface
The Series II case had one of the Shatners, 2 of many of the others, but no Jean Carson, which was kind of odd, since hers is not especially rare. I did recently get that one and finish the set. There was a nice autographed Steve Charendoff (boss of Rittenhouse) Case Topper card in series II, not part of the set proper (different design, not an actor from the show), but still a nice card as I really admire his dedication to the hobby. It was numbered to whatever the case production was, don't have it in fron of me now.

I need just 2 cards from Series I (not Shatner) and most from Series 3, plus the others I mentioned from the new set. I have the album cards and the Pat Hingle case topper, too. I hope to finish the whole autograph set someday, but I'm already very happy with what I've got even should I never get another.

It's a fine time to get into the hobby now. There's been lots of great sets this last 10 years especially to "catch up" on, and many of them are still widely available thanks to this forum, the various auction sites, mail order, etc...

January 04, 2010, 08:37 AM
cardaddict
I also love all Rittenhouse's Twilight Zone sets. I have almost everything from all the sets excluding THE COMPLETE TWILIGHT ZONE. The only cards I still need from the first 4 sets are A15 (Elizabeth Allen) although I do have one that is NOT signed, and the "S" card from THE NEXT DIMENSION.
There are still 5 or 6 autographs I need from the last set, most of these variants.
January 04, 2010, 10:04 AM
barobehere
Of the 4 previous sets, I, II and III you can track down most of the autos for 5 to 20 dollars. The others like the two Shatners, the Allen, Nimoy command a higher price. The fourth series has a number of higher priced autos. When Series 4 was released I had just starting paying my son's private school bills(There are no good public schools in my area the average national educational score is a C- for them here)and that killed my card budget which is why I am still around 12 autos on it.
January 20, 2010, 08:34 PM
Darth Vader Fan
Finally got a box of these and here's the break,

Box # 3762

Base set w/extras
A Life of it's Own: Z2,Z9
Portaits:Por2,Por7
Lenticular: L2,L3,L4

Autographs:
A113 Sarah Marshall in Little Girl Lost
A115 Terry Becker in I Am The Night-Color Me Black
A133 Lea Wangger in The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street
A148 Joyce Van Patten in Passage Of The Lady Anne

This was my first box break of the new year and I had a blast opening all the packs. I'm sure I will get another box or two since it's such a wonderful set from RA.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Darth Vader Fan,
January 14, 2012, 10:54 AM
Bacall1
I opened 4 boxes today and havwn't yet sorted out any base sets, but my insert pulls were as follows:
Box 3431 of 4000:
L10, L11, L12
Z7 & Z8
Por 1 & Por 5
Autos A145 Denise Alexander, A146 Noah Keen, A101 Jack Grinnage & A143 Margarita Cordova

Box 441 of 4000
L6, L13 & L14
Z9 & Z2
Por 3 & Por 7
Autos A104 William Sargent, A105 June Foray, A106 Dee Hartford & A107 Patrick Macnee

Box 2444 of 4000
L15, L16& L17
Z5 & Z1
Por 4 & Por 6
Autos A109 Richard Erdman, A148 Joyce Van Patten, A140 Max Gregory & A110 Read Morgan

Box 1429 of 4000
L1, L2 & L3
Z4 & Z3
Por 5 & Por 9
Autos A122 David Macklin, A98 Morgan Brittany, A123 Linden Chiles & A124 Susan Harrison.
Pretty happy with my box breaks. Only 1 duplicate chase card. Now off to finish the chase sets.
January 14, 2012, 01:55 PM
Raven
The Brittany is very hard to find. The Foray was limited before she recently passed away and the Macnee is always popular. Congrats on your pulls. Thumb Up

I'd love to pick up boxes of TZ, but I have a lot of the autographs already and I think I would get way more doubles than any missing cards.
January 14, 2012, 05:48 PM
Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
I think June Foray is still alive, but she is 94.

January 14, 2012, 05:54 PM
Bacall1
Thanks Raven. I have the master set of autographs from this series but I just wanted to open some of these boxes since I missed them when they came out. I still have not found any boxes from series 4 to open. I still need the Doohan and Howard autos and even though the odds are slim I would still like to rip some open for a shot.
January 14, 2012, 06:52 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
I think June Foray is still alive, but she is 94.

My bad, I could have sworn I read she passed away late last year, but I'm happy to be wrong. Smile

Update: Just saw this old post. Ms. Foray passed away recently, so another signer gone. Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,
August 07, 2017, 11:21 AM
Bacall
I found a box to open and am sure glad I opened it. I got 3 lenticular cards and autographs of Cordova, Grinnage, Hartley and Cliff Robertson
August 07, 2017, 11:37 AM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Bacall:
I found a box to open and am sure glad I opened it. I got 3 lenticular cards and autographs of Cordova, Grinnage, Hartley and Cliff Robertson

That's wild. That Robertson is especially short if I'm remembering right. Good for you. Thumb Up

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,
August 07, 2017, 12:55 PM
Logan
quote:
Originally posted by Bacall:

Excellent break! Thumb Up
August 07, 2017, 02:20 PM
Bacall
Thanks guys. It is the best autograph I could have pulled besides the dual signed Morgan Brittany or Arline Sax version signed card. I already had all of the autographs, but it is too much fun cracking open TZ boxes.
August 07, 2017, 03:51 PM
cardaddict
Sounds like a box more than worth the price.