Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Big Bang Theory Seasons 1 & 2 (Cryptozoic, 2012)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Bang Theory Seasons 1 & 2 (Cryptozoic, 2012)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
The 1 of 25 5 piece wardrobe card I mentioned sold for $1020.00. Pretty good I think. I wonder if the next one put on Ebay will go for more as that was the trend with the walking dead ones. Good on them for getting that much for the card.

Posts: 128 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I could have sworn I posted this over here but a few days back I visited the local card/comic shop to buy a few supplies and saw they had open boxes of Big Bang Theory and UD Avengers. I ended up buying 8 packs of each and got an autograph from both, a really good autograph from both sets.

From BBT I got:

Jim Parsons as Dr. Sheldon Cooper autograph

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
Opened a couple of boxes today.

AUTOS
Lawrie Metcalf
Brian George (x2) - oddly got a second one in the Lawrie Metcalf box

COSTUMES
M6 Howard's maroon turtleneck
M7 Howard's orange button-up shirt

CHASE
Special Moments - Full set of 9 Smile
Behind the scenes - 2

Kind of wishing I had ordered a few more boxes. The autos and costumes are very well designed. A fun set to open.

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I opened 4 boxes and did as badly as I could have possibly done unless shorted an autograph or costume card. I pulled A7 Bowie, A9 George, A10 Amter & A11 Henggeler and costumes M11, M12, M13 & M14. If I hadn't bought a master set for $850 prior to release I would have really been upset. I am certainly glad I didn't pass up that deal. I might ought to stick to master sets because of my recent luck breaking boxes.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
From BBT I got:
Jim Parsons as Dr. Sheldon Cooper autograph

That's insane!!! Eek Drool Major congrats! Elephant Bouncey Elephant Clap

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of tak35bne
posted Hide Post
Our order finally arrived downunder today and I cracked my 6 boxes from the group buy for the following 5 auto's and 6 costume cards. You heard me non-sports fans only 5 auto's from the 6 boxes.........Oh what could have been......lol

Auto's

1 x John Ross Bowie
1 x Laurie Metcalf
1 x Brian George
1 x Alice Amter, and
1 x Courtney Henggeler

Costume cards

Sheldons purple undershirt
Sheldons plaid pants
Leonard's dress shirt
Penny's hoodie
Penny's sweatpants
Penny's top, and

of course the binder costume card.

All up a very nice set and was well worth the wait even though we were one auto down.

Cheers

Posts: 7 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i preordered 7 boxes of this in december and this product has certainly shown me the importance of preordering, because of the current box price.

of the 7 boxes, my nephew opened one and i opened two.

my nephew's box: A10 raj's mom and M6 howard's turtleneck

my two boxes: M3 sheldon's blue undershirt and M16 penny's sweatpants; A7 barry kripke and A4 howard wolowitz.

each of us also received 2 behind the scenes cards per box and four special moments cards. my two boxes contained one double from behind the scenes and two doubles of the special moments of those insert sets.

we both also got the binder and the M18 sheldon's pajamas wardrobe card.

overall, i really liked this set. and look forward to future seasons.

Posts: 93 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: July 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
forgot to mention that my nephew and i received one complete base set from each box and in my two boxes i was almost able to complete a third between the extras from each box.

Posts: 93 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: July 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Got my 6 boxes yesterday.

1 set of Behind the Scenes plus extras
1 set of Special Moments plus extras

Costumes
M3 - Sheldon's Blue Undershirt
M5 - Howard's Purple V-Neck
M6 - Howard's Orange Button-up Shirt
M7 - Howard's Maroon Turtleneck
M10 - Leonard's Red T-Shirt
M13 - Raj's Yellow Shirt

Autos

I really need to work out how to get the scans to come out properly.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great hit on the Penny! Smile

Posts: 90 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally caved and cracked my one box I bought....got a M1 and an M2 and a Simon Helberg autograph...so I was pretty excited for just one box. Smile

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ztaylork:
I finally caved and cracked my one box I bought....got a M1 and an M2 and a Simon Helberg autograph...so I was pretty excited for just one box. Smile

Fantastic break! Congrats Clap

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of LordCosmo
posted Hide Post
I now understand the importance of pre-ordering. I didn't preorder, but have since ordered four boxes at the "revised" price. Lesson learned.
I am away on business and the boxes have arrived at home. Looking forward to breaking them and will post my pulls in a few days.

Posts: 2 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pulled an M14 and an A10 --doing about as bad as you can do I think. Even worse, I didn't really understand many of the base cards because I don't watch the show. Liked the packaging/wrappers much more than the Vampire Diaries. (Mine had weird cellophane destroying wrappers that seperated into 2 wrappers instead of just openning...) --Chris

Posts: 423 | Location: Heaven (Barrie, Ontario, Canada) | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
I decided to test my luck and got 3 more boxes:

Box 1

Autograph:
A9 Brian George

Costume:
M4 Sheldon's pants

Inserts:
Behind the Scenes - C04, C09
Special Moments - F02, F05, F06 & F07

Box 2

Autograph:
A10 Alice Amter

Costume:
M9 Leonard's dress shirt

Inserts:
Behind the Scenes - C01, C05
Special Moments - F04, F07, F08, F09

Box 3

Autographs:
A4 Simon Helberg Smile
A11 Courtney Henggeler

Costume:
M11 Leonard's Hoodie

Inserts:
Behind the Scenes - C03
Special Moments - F01, F02, F06, F08

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:
Box 3

Autographs:
A4 Simon Helberg Smile
A11 Courtney Henggeler

Costume:
M11 Leonard's Hoodie

Inserts:
Behind the Scenes - C03
Special Moments - F01, F02, F06, F08

2 Autos in one box & one's a MAJOR hit plus you didn't get any repeats in autos over 3 boxes = Awesome times! Bouncey Congrats Clap

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Got one more box. I think I did okay.

chase
C06, C09
F01, F02, F06, F08

A8 - Laurie Metcalfe as Mary Cooper

M17 - Penny's top

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Redeemed card was M24 arrived in the mail today - and very nice it is Big Grin Elephant

Dave

Posts: 168 | Location: Green Hammerton, Yorkshire, UK | Registered: November 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of <<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>
posted Hide Post
Opened my 2 boxes, here's what popped out!

M11-Leonard's Green Hoodie
M16-Penny's Sweatpants

A10-Alice Amter as Mrs Koothrappali
A11-Courtney Hennggeler as Missy Cooper

F1,3,4,5,7,8,9 one extra F7

C2,3,6,7

2 full sets
74 extras, mostly dupes!

Thumb Up

Posts: 217 | Location: Where you can't find me!!!!!! | Registered: August 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
A couple of more boxes (separate buys)

Autos
Alice Amter as Mrs. Koothrappli
Laurie Metcalf as Mary Cooper

Costumes
M8 - Howard's Green Pants
M16 - Penny's Sweatpants

Behind the Scenes - C03, C04, C09(x2)

F01-F06, F08, F09.