Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Big Bang Theory Seasons 1 & 2 (Cryptozoic, 2012)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Bang Theory Seasons 1 & 2 (Cryptozoic, 2012)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
I received my box today and I pulled:

- 1 base set
- behind the scenes C06, C08
- special moments F02, F03, F05, F06
- Wardrobe M11 (Leonard's green hoodie)
- Autograph A06 Kevin Sussman (Stuart)

I'm quite pleased with the results, because Stuart is one of my favorite supporting characters.

But I'm also a bit disappointed, because on all the base cards, there is no picture at all of any but the 5 main cast members. At least the ones who have an autograph should have been pictured somewhere.

And can someone please explain to me why the wardrobe cards are labelled "M"? Did someone put the W upside down? And what does "F" stand for? Is "C" for chase, or cast?

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Soul-on-Fire:

And can someone please explain to me why the wardrobe cards are labelled "M"? Did someone put the W upside down? And what does "F" stand for? Is "C" for chase, or cast?

I believe M is for material

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Soul-on-Fire:

But I'm also a bit disappointed, because on all the base cards, there is no picture at all of any but the 5 main cast members. At least the ones who have an autograph should have been pictured somewhere.

I don't know how this license worked, but I'm sure that the images had to be approved by the studio, so maybe not everything was available.

Or, since its a small base set and an ensemble cast of five, maybe it was thought that this is what collectors want to see. Hopefully other seasons will open it up more because I agree with you, I would like other characters on the cards.

And what I really would like is a bigger autograph list next time. The breakdowns on this one are very simple. If you score one of five you are very, very happy with your box, if you score one of the two you are happy with your box, and if you get one of the four commons you are disappointed. What can I say, I haven't opened mine yet. I'm afraid. Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
A2
A5
A6
A7
A9 x 2
A10 x 2
A11 x 3

M2,3,4,6,8,9,11,13,14,15,16,17

Pleased with Material cards - would have liked a Penny Auto but got 2 "Biggies"

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
A2
A5
A6
A7
A9 x 2
A10 x 2
A11 x 3

M2,3,4,6,8,9,11,13,14,15,16,17

Pleased with Material cards - would have liked a Penny Auto but got 2 "Biggies"

See, all that worrying for nothing Thumb Up

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Nice case, Hammer! Big Grin Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
You should have seen the doom-and-gloom message he sent me after eight boxes opened Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:
You should have seen the doom-and-gloom message he sent me after eight boxes opened Big Grin

Sheer relief when I opened the 9th Box Smile

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Took me 12 boxes to get what you got in 6 Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
Ive seen the results from on this forum and another forum, as well as at a show about 14 cases broken. To date, ive only seen ONE a5 Kunal autograph being pulled, and it was in a mention on this forum. But for that ive seen about 7 parsons and Kaley autographs each...That seem oddly out of sync?

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of watchers of watchers
posted Hide Post
Not really its a small sample of whats been pulled, there has a lot of them on ebay. I read this on another forum and I thinks it just someone trying to inflate the price of their cards, Parsons and Kaley will be the money cards of this set Wish I could have held onto mine but Uncle sam wants his! Confused

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
I haven't posted my full case break yet but I pulled a Raj and a Penny as the two big autograph hits from my case. So that's at least 2 A5's from the Card Talk boards.

I'll trade my super extra rare Raj for anyone's just plain regular rare Sheldon. Wink

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
Cool, ive just seen sheldon after sheldon after sheldon, but from breaks ive seen, only a few Raj's.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone has one of the wardrobe redemption cards up on Ebay. They want $1500.00 for it buy it now. Seems a bit pricey don't you think?
I know one of the walking dead ones (also only 25) went for $750.
What do you all think?

Posts: 128 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i agree. while it's a nice card and oversized and extremely limited, considering what the "normal" costume cards are going for $1500 is too high. however, if there is one person out there who is willing to pay that, then the card is worth that.

but, is that person out there?

(i am certainly not that person Smile )

Posts: 93 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: July 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B-Dunc:
i agree. while it's a nice card and oversized and extremely limited, considering what the "normal" costume cards are going for $1500 is too high. however, if there is one person out there who is willing to pay that, then the card is worth that.

but, is that person out there?

(i am certainly not that person Smile )

In terms of what I consider inherit value I would rate autographs and "attractive" sketches higher than any material or costume swatch regardless of the size. For a spare $1,500 I would pick up the autographs of as many of the rare 5 that I could get before looking at this card. A collector could find many whole wardrobe costumes for that price and you have to know that this type of card is likely to be reproduced in any future sets, which will increase the supply and likely negatively effect the price. I'm sure anyone who seriously considers buying $1,500 costume cards is not too worried about it. Wink

Back to the breaks, I bought 3 boxes, couldn't help myself. Big Grin

Got all the usual, cards were of good quality and I won't bore you with the details. The hits were as follows:

1st Box - A11 Courtney Henggeler
M4 Sheldon

2nd Box - A8 Laurie Metcalf
M11 Leonard

3rd Box - A10 Alice Amter
M8 Howard

Happy to get the Metcalf, it was the lucky 2nd box that made me try for a 3rd.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thoiught this set was pretty good, although having the backs of the chase cards the same felt like a missed oppertunity, but that was my only Frown

Now onto the good stuff, here is my break from 2 cases:

Autos:
A1 x1
A2 x1
A3 x0 Frown
A4 x2
A5 x0
A6 x2
A7 x4
A8 x1
A9 x5
A10 x4
A11 x4

Costumes
M1 x1
M2 x2
M3 x2
M4 x1
M5 x1
M6 x2
M7 x1
M8 x1
M9 x1
M10 x2
M11 x2
M12 x1
M13 x2
M14 x2
M15 x1
M16 x1
M17 x1

F1-9 x9 (+14 extras)
C1-9 x5 (+ 3 extras)

........and.......a redemption card for 1 of the 25 five costume cards Elephant

Dave

Posts: 168 | Location: Green Hammerton, Yorkshire, UK | Registered: November 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
ClapNice pull! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave Taylor nice pull there. How exciting must it have been to pull that card!!!!

Posts: 128 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Case #3 break Thumb Up

Wardrobes:
M1 Sheldon
M2 Sheldon
M3 Sheldon
M4 Sheldon
M5 Howard
M7 Howard
M9 Leonard
M10 Leonard
M11 Leonard
M12 Raj
M15 Penny
M17 Penny

Autographs:
A1 Johnny Galecki as Dr Leonard Hofstadter
A3 Kaley Cuoco as Penny
A8 Laurie Metcalf as Mary Cooper
A7 John Ross Bowie as Barry Kripke x3
A9 Brian George as Mr Koothrappali x2
A10 Alice Amter as Mrs Koothrappali x2
A11 Courtney Henggeler as Missy Cooper x2

Posts: 19 | Location: South Bay, CA | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post