Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    LOST Seasons 1-5 (Rittenhouse Archives LTD)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOST Seasons 1-5 (Rittenhouse Archives LTD)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
Nice well you are offically done opening lost 1-5

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bealay
posted Hide Post
Oh my goodness.... congrats Eek Cool Thumb Up

I also collect Black Cat cards. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Posts: 275 | Location: Norwich, UK | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Jeff.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, all archive boxes should be unmarked. That would truly be some incentive for average collectors to buy multiple boxes. Even with the long odds, just the thought that it was possible . . . Drool

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Congratulations, all archive boxes should be unmarked. That would truly be some incentive for average collectors to buy multiple boxes. Even with the long odds, just the thought that it was possible . . . Drool

I would also like for the archives boxes to be unmarked Smile

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Congrats Jeff! Fantastic stroke of luck!

My two cents: I like the idea of unmarked archive boxes. It gives everyone a chance to find one!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Congrats Jeff! Couldn't be happier for ya!

WAY back when Complete Highlander came out, my wife opened an unmarked Archive box. I think my ears are still ringing from that day lol.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Maybe all of them in cases are unmarked, now that Rittenhouse uses the Archive Box as its 15-case incentive. Has anybody seen a "marked" one in a case recently?

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I was under the impression that marked boxes were given out to the multiple case buyers and only the unmarked went into the cases.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
wow... an Archive box... incredible. Eek I really didn't know there was such a thing as an unmarked Archive box.
Congratulations!!! Wavey Thumb Up

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, it's marked on the inside. Wink

When Rittenhouse premiered the concept, there would usually be 10-20 Archive boxes per release that were marked on the outside, and 10-20 that weren't. The marked ones were an incentive for dealers to buy more cases and sell the boxes individually. I assumed the unmarked ones were so that the final consumer didn't start complaining that only the dealers had the chance for the ultimate in "hot boxes." Now instead of marked boxes, they use the instant-master-set as a 15-case-purchase incentive. I don't know if it's packaged the same way as the unmarked box, which has to be made so that a case-opener can't tell that something's different from the other boxes. When they also included a full base set and the insert count was high, I hear that the Archive box tended to bulge at the seams.

I just wanted to make sure that Graham's question in the SciFiHobby forum "Will there be Archive boxes?" finally would be answered. Wave Because they often didn't answer this question for other sets, I stopped holding up the checklists to find out. Maybe it depends on how many people preorder 15 cases!

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I bought an Archive box for a really good price- not all that much over the cost of a case actually because I thought it was the most cost effective way of collecting this set. It was clearly marked with the orange sticker plus it had at least 4 pieces of security tape under the shrink wrap. I did shake it for kicks and giggles and you could faintly hear something rattling around in there. It was great fun to open packs that were nearly all inserts- there were probably 40 or so base cards in there as well though.

Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bealay
posted Hide Post
Got my 4 boxes plus binder today:

Box 1 #1177
ArtiFex A1,A13,A21,A24
Oceanic S3
Motion L2,L3
Autos:
Alice Evans as Eloise Hawking
Doug Hutchison as Horace Goodspeed
Jon Gries as Roger Linus (Limited)

Box 2 #2174
ArtiFex A10,A12,A15,A17
Oceanic S2
Motion L1,L9
Autos:
William Mapother as Ethan Rom (Limited)
Monica Dean as Gabriela
Mark Pellegrino as Jacob

Box 3 #3171
ArtiFex A9,A18,A19,A23
Oceanic S4
Motion L4,L5
Autos:
Andrew Divoff as Mikhail
Anne Bedian as Amira
Sam Anderson as Bernard Nadler

Box 4 #0177
ArtiFex A2,A14,A22,A25
Oceanic S5
Motion L6,L7
Autos:
Francois Chau as Dr. Pierre Chang (Limited)
Ian Somerhalder as Boone Carlyle (Limited)
Billy Ray Gallion as Randy Nations

Overall:
Happy with the base cards, and I am also happy that I did not get any doubles on the inserts - all but 1 of the Motion cards, half of the ArtiFex ones and 4 of the 6 Oceanic cards.

I really wanted a Locke card - it was my only real 'want' going in, especially as they turned out to be a common auto after all, so for that reason - I'm a little bummed.

In terms of characters I like - pleased with the Goodspeed auto, and I have loved Jon Gries since Napoleon Dynamite. Alice Evans is a babe, and I have Jacob - just now need Man In Black to have a season 6 bust-up deathmatch of sorts.

The Motion cards are cool - but some of them didn't really work in my opinion - the countdown one and the Charlie's fingers one - a bit random. The plane crash and opening credits are very cool though.

Off to sort the base cards now - which I am looking forward to.

Big Grin

I also collect Black Cat cards. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Posts: 275 | Location: Norwich, UK | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Jeff. Is the Archive Sticker inside the lid? If not, is there a way you tell it is an archive box before opening a pack?

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Well I purchased a Mini Master set and am very impressed by the cards - Really like the Oceanic 6 cards - wish more sets had those. Flashforward cards were a nice bonus Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AWR:
Congratulations Jeff. Is the Archive Sticker inside the lid? If not, is there a way you tell it is an archive box before opening a pack?

The sticker was on the bottom of the box under the packs

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Right. And I don't usually pick one pack out a box at a time, I open the top and work from the two stacks of 12 packs. First thing I then saw was the 3 toploaders on the bottom, and said "huh?" until I saw the orange sticker on the inside box bottom. Woke me up, even tho it was fairly early Saturday morning!

But I can see a dealer opening the top of the box and setting it out for pack sales. Until you see the bottom, you wouldn't know that the packs are special. They're in the same wrappers and hold the same number of cards as regular packs.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
But I can see a dealer opening the top of the box and setting it out for pack sales. Until you see the bottom, you wouldn't know that the packs are special. They're in the same wrappers and hold the same number of cards as regular packs.

Wouldn't happen here. I always shuffle the packs before putting them out. Too often the good cards are always in the same place.

Been ages since I've had a archive box to open, congrats on yours!

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Box 1 (didn't note no)
ArtiFex A2,A18,A19,A23
Oceanic S1
Motion L1,L9
Autos:
Mark Pellegrino as Jacob
Tom Connoly as Young Charles Widmore
Alan Dale as Charles Widmore

Box 2 #3380
ArtiFex A3,A6,A11,A20
Oceanic S6
Motion L4,L5
Autos:
Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond David Hume (Limited)
Alice Evans as Eloise Hawking
Sam Anderson as Bernard Nadler

Box 3 #2383
ArtiFex A9,A13,A21,A24
Oceanic S2
Motion L7,L8
Autos
Evan Handler as Dave
Tania Raymonde as Alex Rouseau
Mira Furlan as Danielle Rousseau (Limited)

Box 4 #1385
ArtiFex A1,A10,A15,A17
Oceanic S1
Motion L5,L6
Autos:
Andrea Roth as Harper Stanhope
William Sanderson as Oldham
Titus Welliver as Man in Black

Box 5 #0386
ArtiFex A5,A14,A22,A25
Oceanic S5
Motion L2,L3
Autos:
William Mapother as Ethan (Limited)
Doug Hutchison as Horace Goodspeed
Monica Dean as Gabriela

Box 6 #1384
ArtiFex A4,A7,A8,A16
Oceanic S1
Motion L6,L7
Autos:
Titus Welliver as Man in Black
Billy Ray Gallion as Randy Nations
Anne Bedian as Amira

I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the breakdown of my six boxes. Having got no very limited and 3 of the same Oceanic 6 cards. Although I guess I can't complain. Still happy with what I got and love this set of Lost cards. Will probably end up getting a couple more boxes which makes me think I should have just got a case!

Posts: 128 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow601:

I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the breakdown of my six boxes. Having got no very limited and 3 of the same Oceanic 6 cards. Although I guess I can't complain. Still happy with what I got and love this set of Lost cards. Will probably end up getting a couple more boxes which makes me think I should have just got a case!

That's always the danger of 6 boxes - if these came from 1 case & the other boxes had the higher hits. You could have had the lucky boxes! Go for the case next time Wink