Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Harry Potter And The Goblet of Fire Update (Artbox)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harry Potter And The Goblet of Fire Update (Artbox)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ajdedo:

I've read this a few times but I still don't quite understand what you mean. Can you break it down like you did in the Memerable moments section.

Thanks..... :-)

I may have been more verbose somewhere in an earlier thread. Wink But here's what I saw, by case type:

( 4 )  DE1 + Dumbledore-Ginny-Junior-Maxime
( 8 )  DE1 + Fleur-Cho-Junior-Senior
( 8 )  DE2 + Dumbledore-Padma-Parvati-Ginny
( 5 )  Fleur + Cho-Parvati-Senior-Maxime
( 2 )  Quad + Padma-Parvati-Senior-Ginny
( 4 )  Dan + Padma-Parvati-Ginny-Maxime
--( 6 )  Five "Low" Autos - Cho-Padma + 3 others

The last group was a bit more variable, but always excluded Daniel, Quad, Dumbledore, or Death eaters, but instead had Cho+Padma and 3 of the others.

It was my theory that this group was part of a "chance for a Quad" cluster. If each of the clusters had the same number of cases, then one of the six clusters had a Quad card in part of the run and a selection of five "leftover" autos in the rest of the cases.

So if I found a Radcliffe in one of my boxes, I wouldn't expect to find a Quad elsewhere in the case if I kept opening boxes. But because of the last group, you can't get your hopes up for finding a Quad later in your case, just because you already found a Ginny and a Senior.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajdedo
posted Hide Post
Ha, that's funny. It seems that until you pull 'the big card', you can never be sure....

I may play - "guess what's in the case" by posting the contents of each box, one at a time, as I open them.

Have you discovered any pattern to the distrabution of prop and costume cards in the cases?

Posts: 146 | Location: Sunshine Coast, BC | Registered: April 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I decided to buy two more boxes today:

Box #1
BT3
Bonnie Wright auto (as Ginny Weasley)
Madame Maxime costume C4 768/825
R1,2,3,8,9

Box #2
BT2
R1,4,5,6,7
Cedric Diggory C8 444/700 Big Grin (I like Cedric Diggory, so sue me)
Shefali Chowdhuy as Pavarti Patil

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajdedo
posted Hide Post
Okay people, So here's MY story. :-)

I bought 8 boxes. As far as I know, these boxes may or may not have come from the same case. The seller had 25 individual boxes he got from a distributor which he suspects came from damaged cases. But who REALLY knows. :-)

I've opened 5 out of 8 boxes so far. Here's the breakdown.....

Box 1
Ginny Autograph
Madame Maxime's Costrume /825

Box 2
Crouch Senior Autograph
McGonagall's Ball Costume /350

Box 3
Film Card - CFC3
C10 Fleur Costume /1025

Box 4
Film Card - CFC2
C10 Fleur Costume /1025

Box 5
Flag Prop P1 /455
C13 Fleur Costume /900

Hmmmmm..... What does this all mean? Do my first 2 autographs mean I'm on my way to a Quad Card? What about the fact I'm 2 boxes short of a case? Do Box 3 and Box 4 indicate my 8 boxes are totally random? I don't know.....

Any guesses what's in the last 3 boxes !!!??!

Posts: 146 | Location: Sunshine Coast, BC | Registered: April 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
Im not 100 percent certain mind you, but im gonna go with Trading cards...well, maybe...nah, im gonna stick with trading cards!

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajdedo
posted Hide Post
Ha Ha....

Next time I'm going to buy a "proper" case. :-(

Box 6
Banner Prop P7 /425
Karkaroff Costume /850

Box 7
Weasley Tent Prop P4 /520
Fluer Costume C6 /1050

Box 8
C10 Fleur Costume /1025
Film Card CFC7

Sigh....

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
ajdedo,

I know who you got the boxes from. I was tempted too due to the low prices but later decided against it as I know high chances are that you won't find a quad or those high end autos in these boxes. But I am sure its still great fun busting those boxes! Smokin'

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Unlucky, that is the danger of buying loose boxes as the good ones "may" have already been busted.

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What are the most sought after cards in the update?

Posts: 38 | Location: New Jersey, USA | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Darth Smittyous
posted Hide Post
I picked up a box at the Philly show and had pretty good luck with it.

Here are the highlights:
Harry Potter Shirt (red) - C5 - 230/275
Ashley Artus/Death Eater auto - DE1
Filmcard CFC2 - 71/350

Posts: 65 | Location: VA | Registered: February 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlesd81:
What are the most sought after cards in the update?

I just noticed nobody answered your question!

Pretty much the "most sought after" are the ones that were made in the fewest numbers. The quad autograph card was 50-60 copies, the Radcliffe auto maybe 100, Harry's letter to Sirius #/90, and Rita Skeeter's notepad and Chudley Cannons Poster #/120. Plus a few mucho-multi-case purchase incentives.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
Foil Puzzle Cards
R1 (Harry running with wand)
R2 (Grindylows)
R5 (Nagini)
R6 (Durmstrang ship)
R9 (Harry standing with wand)

Costume Cards (1:24 Hobby packs)
C4 Madame Maxime's Dress 126/825

Prop Cards (1:80 Hobby packs)
P7 Stadium Banners 260/425

Box-Topper Cards
BT1 (Riddle Graveyard)

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
box results
Foil Puzzle Cards
R1 (Harry running with wand)
R2 (Grindylows)
R3 (Harry with letter from Hedwig)
R8 (Goblet of Fire)
R9 (Harry standing with wand)

Box-Topper Cards
BT4 (Merwoman)

Authentic Cinema Film (Cel) Cards (1:80 Hobby packs)
CFC8 Hermione and Harry in the Gryffindor Common Room - 350

Costume Cards (1:24 Hobby packs)
C6 Fleur Delacour's Yule Ball Dress - 1050 (worn by)

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of watchers of watchers
posted Hide Post
Just busted box 4795/7500
BT3
R7,R3,R4,R6,R8
C7
and my best!!! Auto Barty Crouch Jr Dr WHOOOOOO Bouncey

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gopher_narly
posted Hide Post
Bought a box fairly cheap:

Two complete sets with two extra cards
BT3
R1,2,5,8,9
C4- Madame Maxime's Dress (material used to create) 120/825
Auto- Bonnie Wright as Ginny Weasley

Would've liked a better costume card but I am still very pleased with the auto.

Posts: 69 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Case Result!

Autos: Tennant, Poesy, Lloyd-Pack, Azad and Leung

Costumes: C2, C4, C6 (2), C7, C8, C9, C10, C11, C13

Props: P1, P3, P7

Film Cells: 1, 3, 5

Also got 20 full sets of cards, 2 sets of box toppers, 4 sets of foil cards and got the Harry jumping into the lake case topper.

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post