Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Buffy Season 3 (Inkworks)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffy Season 3 (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted
I got my box today and have just barely begun to open it but as I just opened pack #5 I pulled A15 Eliza Dushku autograph!!! Elephant Will post the rest of the box breakdown after I finish my happy dance. Big Grin
-------------------------------------------------

Final Tally:

1 Complete base set and 87 of 90 for a 2nd (missing 16,57, and 66)
69 extras
1 Box Loader- BL3
2 Future is ours- Y2, Y3
3 Graduation Day- G1, G8, G9
1 Autograph card- A15 Eliza Dushku (Faith)

Willow to Buffy:

I think you're ready now, or at least in the state of pre-readiness to make conversation, or-or to do that thing with your mouth that boys like.

[This message was edited by Incarnadine on January 12, 2004 at 09:32 PM.]

[This message was edited by xSaBx on January 13, 2004 at 05:02 AM.]

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Woo Hoo way to go. Was that the box that was on ebay recently?

Posts: 833 | Location: Melbourne, VIC. Australia | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sarah:
Woo Hoo way to go. Was that the box that was on ebay recently?

Yup, I won it way back on Dec. 14 and it just arrived today. A long wait but well worth it. I think I got it at a good price because it's listed as "Buffy Season 3 wax trading cards". I usually search under "box" not "wax".

Here's a link back to that auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3259400358

Willow to Buffy:

I think you're ready now, or at least in the state of pre-readiness to make conversation, or-or to do that thing with your mouth that boys like.

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Brimaster
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Thumb Up Smokin'
Wish I had that luck with boxes I pickup from eBay. Frown

"Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of....inevitability." Agent Smith

Posts: 855 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your Dushku auto!!! Definitely a great way to start out the new year! Thumb Up

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I had pulled a Dushku auto too. Of course *LOL* I was angry at the time because I wanted Spike or Xander. Did this box have the Inkworks wrap on it? Or was it prior to them putting it on? I can't remember.

TR Smile

Posts: 314 | Location: USA | Registered: February 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TR:
Congrats! I had pulled a Dushku auto too. Of course *LOL* I was angry at the time because I wanted Spike or Xander. Did this box have the Inkworks wrap on it? Or was it prior to them putting it on? I can't remember.

TR Smile

Nope, no Inkworks wrapping on season 3 (I couldn't remember if season 3 had it either Big Grin)
I would have been happy with any auto since they are fairly tough to pull but this one will be tough to top as my best pull of 2004 and there's still 11 1/2 months left to go.

Willow to Buffy:

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
I got my box today and have just barely begun to open it but as I just opened pack #5 I pulled _A15 Eliza Dushku autograph!!!_ Elephant Will post the rest of the box breakdown after I finish my happy dance. Big Grin
-------------------------------------------------

Final Tally:

1 Complete base set and 87 of 90 for a 2nd (missing 16,57, and 66)
69 extras
1 Box Loader- BL3
2 Future is ours- Y2, Y3
3 Graduation Day- G1, G8, G9
1 Autograph card- A15 Eliza Dushku (Faith)

Willow to Buffy:

[This message was edited by Incarnadine on January 12, 2004 at 09:32 PM.]

[This message was edited by xSaBx on January 13, 2004 at 05:02 AM.]

Congrats, Incarnadine. It's so nice to know that there is good fortune to be had!!

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
Quoted by jane:
quote:
Congrats, Incarnadine. It's so nice to know that there is good fortune to be had!!

It's also refreshing to know that you can buy a box all those years later, and still pull a highly coveted auto!

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just a month ago i was setup next to a dealer of sports cards when i casked him about non-sport. he said he had 5-10 boxes of non sport and brought them in for me. i ended up paying $15 a box for Buffy 3. i should of left them closed but i had to open them. out of the 3 boxes i pulled a xander. it was slightly smudged too. i did end up getting $145 on ebay. i wish i could get deals like this once a month. How hard were the autographs?? (ex. 2 per case, 3 per case, etc...)

Posts: 98 | Location: Livonia, MI 48154 | Registered: February 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
If I recall correctly the autos were 3-4 per case for season 3 so 1 auto out of your 3 boxes is about right. It still amazes me that sportscard dealers who have any non-sport could be so ignorant that they'd sell Buffy season 3 boxes at $15 a pop.

Spike to Giles:

Oh, poor Watcher. Did your life pass before your eyes? Cuppa tea, cuppa tea, almost got shagged, cuppa tea?

Picture of blackholeman
posted Hide Post
So the Buffy 3 boxes were sealed with clear shrinkwrap, correct? There was no "Inkworks" embellished wrapping on them?

I ask because I'm having a "discussion" with Inkworks' customer service over a B3 box I bought.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Posts: 150 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
The 2 unopened boxes I have don't have any Inkworks logos on the shrinkwrap.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. I would have loved to pull a Dushku autograph from Season 3 of Buffy. Definitely congrats on that. Smile

Posts: 211 | Location: Bel Air, MD | Registered: August 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blackholeman:
So the Buffy 3 boxes were sealed with clear shrinkwrap, correct?

The Buffy 3 boxes pre-dated the logo-imprinted shrinkwrap. I believe I recall seing an Angel season 2 box with the logo-wrap(Angel 1 didn't have it), which should mean Buffy Season 5 was the first Buffy release to have the logo-wrap.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cee_Jay
posted Hide Post
I had the offer to get a Buffy Season 3 Box for 79,00 € (something like 54 pounds). (A normal price in Germany for an Inkworks Box is 65,00 €). So I said immediately yes. For me it sounded like a very good deal. Big Grin

Here’s what was inside:
- 1 base set (don’t have sorted the cards, but after the first look at least one card is missing for a second set)
- Box Loader: BL-3 (damaged)
- Yearbook: Y3 (2x)
- Graduation Day: G4, G6, G7
- Autograph: A12 James Marsters (Spike) Elephant Elephant Elephant

I have to say: Yes it was a very good deal Big Grin

Posts: 756 | Location: NRW, Germany | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post