Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Mandalorian Season 2 Hobby (Topps, 2021)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Mandalorian Season 2 Hobby (Topps, 2021)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted
I opened 1 tin so far. Here are the better than expected results:

41 Base Cards (No dupes)
2 Purple parallels
5 Blue parallels
1 Concept Art Card
1 Comic Book Art card
4 Character Card (including the Child)
1 The Child Card
Giancarlo Esposito Auto

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stevetrek,

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would be happy if I got that box too. With the boxes being so expensive and containing so few cards, my happiness with a box is going to hinge on whether I get a main cast member autograph or at least a prominent/favorite guest star autograph from that season. I'd be happy with a Horatio Sanz autograph.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Fantastic autograph to pull, well done.

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
I opened up one case plus one tin. The make up is pretty much as as Steve Trek’s breakdown above

One tin - I got one sketch
One case - 3 sketches, 2 parallel autos, 7 base autos, one relic (Gamorrean guard 06/25)

Nothing special pulled, no main characters except the good Doctor. I still enjoyed opening the tins.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I opened two tins.

Tin #1
41 base cards
4 blue parallel base cards
2 purple parallel base cards
1 bronze parallel numbered 42/50
4 Character cards C-5, C-7, C-12 and C-14
1 Concept Art card CA-8
1 Comic Book Artwork card CC-5
1 The Child card TC-1
1 autograph Alexander Wraith as Freighter Pilot

Tin #2
41 base cards
5 blue parallel base cards
2 purple parallel base cards
4 Character cards C-5, C-7, C-12 and C-14
1 Concept Art card CA-11
1 Comic Book Artwork card CC-5
1 The Child card TC-6
1 autograph Chris Bartlett as Teacher Droid

I only have 3 doubles out of the 82 base cards. However, I pulled the same 4 character cards and the same comic book artwork card from each tin.

This is pricey for what's in it unless you pull a really good autograph or a sketch.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Retail blaster. 10 packs, 9 packs with 6 cards, 1 with a relic.

36/100 base, no dupes
1 comic art
1 the cold
1 concept art
1 button relic
6 characters
2 purple
7 blue

Overall grade C/X-RAY
Pros: comic art, characters, at least you have long shot odds at autos, relics, props, plates and sketches.
Cons: formerly a retail blaster had 10 packs and a bonus. Now you get 9, and the tenth has the relic with no other cards.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How would you rate the sketches? It's discouraging to read that even when you buy a case, you don't get much of anything special. The doctor is a recurring character but I would've expected at least another autograph of that level of recognizability in the pile.

I hope you and anyone else who pulls a sketch will post what they got at some point.

quote:
Originally posted by steve j:
I opened up one case plus one tin. The make up is pretty much as as Steve Trek’s breakdown above

One case - 3 sketches, 2 parallel autos, 7 base autos, one relic (Gamorrean guard 06/25)

Nothing special pulled, no main characters except the good Doctor. I still enjoyed opening the tins.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your concern, on this occasion the sketches were average, I did buy an AP sketch from Andy Fry, and a sketch from Brad Hudson from eBay. Sometimes the cases are lousy, sometimes brilliant. You pays your money etc. Take chrome legacy for example I pulled 2 x superfracters 1/1 and three red parallels /5. I have have had good, I have had bad.

quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
How would you rate the sketches? It's discouraging to read that even when you buy a case, you don't get much of anything special. The doctor is a recurring character but I would've expected at least another autograph of that level of recognizability in the pile.

I hope you and anyone else who pulls a sketch will post what they got at some point.

quote:
Originally posted by steve j:

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I talked to a local shop owner about this. He says it hasn't been moving as fast as Season 1 has. He's asking $145 for a box of Season 2 now.