Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Galaxy 4 (Topps 2009)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Galaxy 4 (Topps 2009)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ed - it's a real nice card. I have opened 4 boxes and pulled two classy cards. That's a good hit rate.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
I finally found some retail packs/boxes at a couple of Targets around Northern VA. The 1st one had 22 of the 24 packs, and the 2nd had 10 packs left in it. Pretty happ with my pulls:

Base Set: 1
Etched Foils: complete set of 6
Silver Foils: 1, 9, 10, 11(x2), 13, 14, 15
Bronze Foils: 4 & 15
Gold Foils: 1 of 15 (#195/500)
Galaxy Evolutions: 4 of 6
Red Sketch: Obi-wan Kenobi (Shum)

I can't beleive that I pulled both Bronze Cards, a Gold Card, an Evolutions Card and a sketch out of 2 partial boxes. Big Grin

I'll post the sketch when I get a chance. Is is one of the better Howard Shum cards I have seen. Does anyone know how many he did for Target? There is no info over on scoundrel for his Target sketches.

Here is the sketch:

I emailed him, and he confirmed that he did 50 Target Sketches.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cverdec,

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve j:
Thanks Ed - it's a real nice card.

I'm glad you like it. Smile

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
Hi all,managed to get 2 boxes,here's me breakdown

BOX 1

1 Base Set
Lost Card #4
Etched foil 2,3,5,6
B.Parallel #11
Foil Art 1,2,3,4,5,13,14,15
Auto Card Michael Allred
Bossk sketch by Kevin Caron

Box 2

1 Base Set
Lost Card #3
Etched Foil 1,2,4,6
B.Parallel #10
G.Parallel #4
Foil Art 5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12
Sketch card 4 pics of Liea by Walks and Walker
(the pics have been stuck onto the Galaxy Artist card)Does anyone know anything about this please?

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The leia is by Russ Walks. He tried something new with this set and went for a pop art/andy warhol style. I love it...if you sell or trade it please let me know Smile

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
I very bummed. I just got home from my local Target and they finally had a box of SW Galaxy 4 on display. Unfortunately there were 8 packs in the front row, 7 in the middle and 8 in the back row. Since every says they pulled their Exclusive from the middle row I decided to pass.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
I very bummed. I just got home from my local Target and they finally had a box of SW Galaxy 4 on display. Unfortunately there were 8 packs in the front row, 7 in the middle and 8 in the back row. Since every says they pulled their Exclusive from the middle row I decided to pass.

Cherry Picking???? That's low. Shake Head

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Aren't there some nice Ken Steacy painted retail only cards in those packs that could make the "violated" packs still worth purchasing, or is it likely that those can somehow be detected as well? I understand the retail Target packs also have the 15 card parallel sets including the golds #'d to 500. Can those be detected, or would pack searchers even bother? I think those cards are of interest to the real collector, even if not the most valuable in the set.

And how about those traycases of Galaxy 4 Hobby packs Topps is selling this week? Apparently they ran out of the actual hobby boxes to put the packs into, so they're packing 96 packs each into 2 plain white boxes. 192 packs, just like a regular case, and with the same insert rations. A touch more expensive than the original cases, but somewhat less than those same cases seem to be selling for right now.

Anyway, is anyone going in for one of these tray cases with the intention of opening the packs? I'd love to see a box/case breakdown from one of those!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bryan Shaffer:
The leia is by Russ Walks. He tried something new with this set and went for a pop art/andy warhol style. I love it...if you sell or trade it please let me know Smile

Thanks Brian,i will let you know if i do come to sell it,i love the card too Smile

The base set is also packed with some great artwork.

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:

In the ones that I have busted (enough to put together 2 Evolution sets plus spares) there was no pattern to the placement.

As far as the pack searchers getting the Evolution cards, it doesn't look like it as they are only listing Gold and Sketch packs.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

There were only 23 packs in the box of one of my local targets...I went for it anyways and ended up with a sketch and the evolution retail insert

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
quote:

In the ones that I have busted (enough to put together 2 Evolution sets plus spares) there was no pattern to the placement.

As far as the pack searchers getting the Evolution cards, it doesn't look like it as they are only listing Gold and Sketch packs.

I'm given up... My Targets aren't getting them or they're being grabbed by people who don't work during the day 'cause I've been going after work and nothing at all. Roll Eyes

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
Finally got my 2 cases last week and was able to crack them these last few days. 1st case:

Box #1
Foils: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Bronze Foil: 13
Gold Foil: 12 (#403/500)
Etched Foil: 1, 2, 4, 6
Lost Galaxy: 2
Sketch Card: Monte Moore (unknown) - Saesee Tiin
Special Cards:
Shaped Sketch - Triclops
Lost Yoda (#39/999)

Box #2
Foils: 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14, 15
Bronze Foil: 10
Gold Foil: 4 (#268/500)
Etched Foil: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Lost Galaxy: 4
Sketch Card: Rich Woodall (208) - Obi-wan Kenobi
Special Cards: None

Box #3
Foils: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Bronze Foil: 11
Gold Foil: 6 (#397/500)
Etched Foil: 1, 3, 5, 6
Lost Galaxy: 5
Sketch Card:
Lee Kohse (106) - Luke Skywalker
Rich Molinelli (208) - Doikk Nats
Special Cards:
Galaxy Autograph (269) - Tom Taggart

Box #4
Foils: 1, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Bronze Foil: 12
Gold Foil: None
Etched Foil: 2, 3, 4, 6
Lost Galaxy: 1
Sketch Card:
Chris Henderson (106) - Cantina

Box #5
Foils: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Bronze Foil: 2
Gold Foil: 15 (#199/500)
Lost Galaxy: 1
Sketch Card:
Cat Staggs (50) - Young Obi-wan Kenobi
Special Cards:
Galaxy Auto (252) - David E. Miller
Shaped Sketch - Nick The Ring

Box #6
Foils: 1, 2, 3, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Bronze Foil: 1
Etched Foil: 1, 2, 4, 5
Lost Galaxy: 5
Sketch Card:
Sean Pence (106) - Mon Mothma

Box #7
Foils: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 13
Bronze Foil: 15
Gold Foil: 3 (#166/500)
Etched Foil: 2, 3, 4, 6
Lost Galaxy: 4
Sketch Card:
Michael Locoduck Duron (308) - Han Solo
Special Cards:
Printing Plate - 4 (Black)

Box #8
Foils: 1, 2, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15
Bronze Foil: 14
Lost Galaxy: 3
Sketch Card:
Bryan Morton (208) - Anakin Skywalker
Special Cards:
Galaxy Auto (231) - Lurene Haines

An absolutely awesome case with 9 sketches (including a Staggs, Pence and Henderson), 2 Shaped Sketches, 5 Golds, 3 Galaxy Autos, a Lost Yoda and a Printing Plate. Scans in the next post.

Dragoncrypt

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
Here are the sketches:

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:
Heres the results of my 2 cases:

Case 1...

Case 2...

Enjoy
Cheers-Peter
PS - Sorry I needed to resize the images as originally I had them way too large.

Does anyone know who the artist is for the 4th row down middle sketch is? I pulled two from that artist and am curious.

Posts: 29 | Location: Turlock CA USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
4th row down middle sketch?

Do you mean from case 1 or case 2, or just the 4th row down with the sketch cards? If the latter is what you speak of you are looking at the sketch of Palpatine who is drawn by Edward Pun.

Hope this helps - Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:
4th row down middle sketch?

Do you mean from case 1 or case 2, or just the 4th row down with the sketch cards? If the latter is what you speak of you are looking at the sketch of Palpatine who is drawn by Edward Pun.

Hope this helps - Peter

I'm looking at the first case, the Padme or Leia pencil sketch.

Posts: 29 | Location: Turlock CA USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
That would be Otto Dieffenbach (in the 3rd row center)

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
That would be Otto Dieffenbach (in the 3rd row center)

Thank you igmman7!!!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
No problem...young padawan. Wink