Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Galaxy 4 (Topps 2009)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Galaxy 4 (Topps 2009)
 Login/Join

Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
2nd case:

Box #1
Foils: 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Bronze Foil: 10
Gold Foil: None
Etched Foil: 1, 3, 4, 5
Lost Galaxy: 4
Sketch Card: Patrick Hamill (106) - Anakin Skywalker
Special Cards: None

Box #2
Foils: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 14, 15
Bronze Foil: 9
Gold Foil: 5 (#292/500)
Etched Foil: 1, 2, 4, 6
Lost Galaxy: 3
Sketch Card: Nathan Hamill (106) - Chewbacca
Special Card: None

Box #3
Foils: 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Bronze Foil: 12
Etched Foil: 1, 2, 4, 6
Lost Galaxy: 1
Sketch Card: Ingrid Hardy (106) - Luke on Tauntaun
Special Cards:
Lost Yoda (#493/999)
Galaxy Auto (266) - Jim Starlin
Shaped Sketch - Bslivka (Leia)

Box #4
Foils: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 15
Bronze Foil: 11
Gold Foil: 13 (#145/500)
Etched Foil: 2, 3, 5, 6
Lost Galaxy: 5
Sketch Card: Lord Mesa (308) - Lil' Starkiller

Box #5
Foils: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Bronze Foil: 13
Gold Foil: 2 (#136/500)
Lost Galaxy: 2
Sketch Card: Jason Sobol (208) - Arden Lyn

Box #6
Foils: 1, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Bronze Foil: 14
Etched Foil: 2, 3, 5, 6
Lost Galaxy: 3
Sketch Card: Jessica Hickman (106) - Bith
Special Card:

Box #7
Foils: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Bronze Foil: 15
Gold Foil: 8 (#94/500)
Etched Foil: 1, 3, 4, 6
Lost Galaxy: 4
Sketch Card: Zack Giallongo (Unknown) - Leia
Special Card:
Galaxy Auto (207) - Thom Ang

Box #8
Foils: 1, 2, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15
Bronze Foil: 1
Lost Galaxy: 5
Sketch Card: Tom Hodges (106) - Sim Aloo
Special Card:
Refractor Foil - 5/15 (Obi-Wan) Dance
Shaped Sketch - Datadub + Tulip (Jawa)

Another awesome case break. The Refractor Foil left me stunned for a few minutes. The base set is gorgeous as are the inserts. Collation was pretty solid this time around. I'm glad to see Topps making good on this set after a few disappointments last year.

Dragoncrypt

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
Here are the sketches and refractor:

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Sorry it took so long, but I am finally getting around to posting my Target Sketch by Howard Shum. I emailed him, andhe confirmed that he only did 50 Target Sketches. I also added the pic to my original post.

Howard Shum - Obi-wan Kenobi
Target Sketch (of 50)

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
DragonCrypt, you listed this card as one of your pulls:

Any chance of a scan? I'm a huge Jim Starlin fan from way back.

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NIK:

Hey NIK,

Sure, here's the scan of the front and back.

Cheers,
Dragoncrypt

posted Hide Post
Sent a case with my parents to open last night as they were in town....they did better than I have done so far with the sketches Smile

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I might start sending stuff to themm to open. Razz

Great case, Z!

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ztaylork:
Sent a case with my parents to open last night as they were in town....they did better than I have done so far with the sketches Smile

That was an INCREDIBLE case!!!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dragoncrypt:
quote:
Originally posted by NIK:

Hey NIK,

Sure, here's the scan of the front and back.

Cheers,
Dragoncrypt

That's fantastic! Thanks DragonCrypt.
Starlins' Warlock/Magus saga from the mid 1970s is probably my favourite comic story ever.

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Another successful Target pull!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Batman-

That is AWESOME!!! Great Pull. Thumb Up

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I haven't found anything at the local Target. Frown

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:
I haven't found anything at the local Target. Frown

-Bob-

Me neither... I guess they're all going to Batman's Targets. Razz

Most excellent pull Bats! Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Bought two boxes and these were the pulls:

Bruce Gerlach

Mike Mayhew auto

Black printing plate of card #53

Box 2

Matt Minor

Die cut Ewok by SARA

So I think I did pretty good for 2 boxes. Only real disappointment was the die cut card, man that is ugly!
I was also lucky enough to finish both the 15 card silver foil set and the 6 card etched foil set, with only 3 dupes out of all of them left over.

Also got 2 bronzes, 1 gold and 2 lost galaxy cards, so the stated odds were exact with both of my boxes.

I really love the base set and I like the different subsets, much more interesting than the last Topps product I bought - Heroes which only had foils as the chase set, very boring.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
since the Target sketches are 1 per 2 boxes - is it worth spending $144 in hopes of getting such a sketch - seems very pricey - if they were 1 per box - the expense would seem more logical

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sherlock2:
since the Target sketches are 1 per 2 boxes - is it worth spending $144 in hopes of getting such a sketch - seems very pricey - if they were 1 per box - the expense would seem more logical

Sometimes you have to spend alot to get the cards you want. But you also get a Galaxy Evolution card (1 per 24 packs). The last several galaxy evolution 6-card sets sold for well over $200 each at the auction site.

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Actually, all of the sets that have sold have been right around $250 and singles have been selling for $35+ (except for the one that I STOLE for $10 delivered Big Grin).

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RedFive:
quote:
Originally posted by sherlock2:

Sometimes you have to spend alot to get the cards you want. But you also get a Galaxy Evolution card (1 per 24 packs). The last several galaxy evolution 6-card sets sold for well over $200 each at the auction site.

True, but even if it's a full open box of packs you might not even get that. I wouldn't be surprised if the pro-cherry pickers are busting till they get the good cards and return the unopened packs to Target. I'm staying away from those open boxes. Roll Eyes

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Has anyone bought a Target box that did not contain a sketch? Just curious as Batman seems to pull sketches out of all his boxes. lol

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:
Originally posted by ztaylork:

That was an INCREDIBLE case!!!

Impressive, most impressive. Obi-Wan has trained you well. Big Grin

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post