Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Galaxy 4 (Topps 2009)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Galaxy 4 (Topps 2009)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Well... I just got back from Target and I finally found a box! Thumb Up

I pulled a Davies... Jason Davies perhaps or was there another artist on this set by that last name?

I've just read that he did all 50 in a week which probably explains the simple silhouette of young Boba picking up his old man's head. Still done very nicely, though I was hoping for something more impressive. It still beats getting nothing. Wink

I wish Topps had done something to distinguish these cards from the regular sketches. I can just see the scammers on the aftermarket going nuts with the red markers.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:
Heres the results of my 2 cases:

Case 1...

Case 2...

Enjoy
Cheers-Peter
PS - Sorry I needed to resize the images as originally I had them way too large.

Who did the Leia sketch on the 3rd row far left? Anyone know? I got a cool Han Solo of the same artist but don't recognize the signature.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe Brian Rood

Jim Kyle

Posts: 353 | Location: Jersey | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
I have found 4 Target boxes so far.
  • 1st box had 23 packs. I pulled a sketch, a bronze card and the Evolutions Card.
  • 2nd box only had 10 packs. I pulled a bronze and a gold card, but no sketch or Evolutions Card.
  • 3rd box had 23 packs. I pulled a sketch, bronze card and Evolutions Card.
  • 4th box is unopened and I am holding it (trying to anyway Roll Eyes) for OTBD 2009.

I have been extremely lucky, and from what I have seen, the Cherry pickers are not hunting around where I live. Big Grin

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
I just busted another 23 pack partial Target box and pulled
-Bronze Foil Card
-Galaxy Evolutions #6
-Jamie Snell Sketch

Jamie Snell - Ahsoka Tano
Target Sketch (of 50)

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Well done, Chris! What were the other sketches you pulled? I found these Target boxes very addictive, when was the last time a retail product had reasonable odds on cool sketch cards, and exclusives at that? Hope you had a good time busting these packs! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well... I just got back from Target and I finally found a box!

Redemption, nice pull! Thumb Up It's easy to get a dud box, also. Can you scan an image for us?

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
quote:
Well... I just got back from Target and I finally found a box!

Redemption, nice pull! Thumb Up It's easy to get a dud box, also. Can you scan an image for us?

I'll try on Monday at work... if my boss isn't around that is. Wink

I saw another box at another Target, but I chickened out since it only had twenty packs. I'm afraid I've failed Master Yoda... I did not do, I did not. Razz

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, not really a box break, per say, but pretty close. Bought 26 packs over the course of a few days from my local comic book store.

in 26 packs I pulled:
4 sketch cards - 1 Amy Pronovost, 2 Jason Keith Phillips, 1 John Soukup
2 shaped sketch cards - 1 Chanmen, 1 RYCA
1 auto - Mike Zeck
1 Gold foil
1 bronze foil
2 Lost Galaxy
Lots and lots of silver foil and etched foils
All but 18 cards for a base set

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ariana,

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Wow! ALL that from just 26 packs! Congrats! Thumb Up

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Smile It was a very good few days. I pulled the top three from a 14-pack purchase. I was opening them in the mall pulling sketch after sketch after sketch... Went back the next day and bought another 5 packs, got the colored JKP card and the gold foil. And then pulled the helmet sketches (stuck together) soon after that. Wherever they got their cards from, they had some crazy good boxes!

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Batman-
Here are my 2 Target sketches so far:

Chris

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I found a retail box with 20 packs at our Target today, but since 4 packs were gone (and from different rows to boot), I just couldn't justify spending about 65 dollars on them.

When I first saw the "Target" sketches,
I decided I had to have one for my collection.
However my thought process today was that even if the packs hadn't been "searched", the sketches only fall one in every other box, so I was still taking a pretty good risk.

So instead, I went to a certain website and bought a nice Target painted Darth Vader by Jason Davies (for about $20 more than a full retail box would have cost). To recoup what I spent on the Vader, I then made a listing showing all of my 12 sketches (from Hobby boxes) with the understanding the winner would get to pick the one card they liked best (and maybe it won't even be the one that I like best!).

Hopefully, the amount my "best" card sells for will neutralize what I spent for the Target Vader sketch, and then it will be like that card came from my hobby case in place of the sketch I'll have to give up (which is fine, because again, the Vader I bought is a real beauty).

Of course, that doesn't settle the problem of acquiring 6 card retail "Evolution" set for a reasonable price!

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:

So instead, I went to a certain website and bought a nice Target painted Darth Vader by Jason Davies (for about $20 more than a full retail box would have cost).

Yea, I should have done that as well considering I don't plan on a master set of this... Roll Eyes

I did stop myself from getting more open packs and instead put in a best offer for a Sean Pense sketch of another release which was accepted. Dance

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
I did stop myself from getting more open packs and instead put in a best offer for a Sean Pense sketch of another release which was accepted.

With reference to that Cy Yooung (sic) auto, I hope that was actually a Sean PenCe sketch you won! Big Grin

-----------------------------------------------

Anyhow, here are the sketches from my first six boxes:

Josh Howard

Kevin Graham

Stephanie Yue

Jason Davies

Howard Shum

Irma Ahmed

I also got 2 auto's and a die-cut. It's a great base set and the foil cards look fabulous. One of the best Topps releases for a long time!

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justm:
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
I did stop myself from getting more open packs and instead put in a best offer for a Sean Pense sketch of another release which was accepted.

With reference to that Cy Yooung (sic) auto, I hope that was actually a Sean PenCe sketch you won! Big Grin

Oops... Ooops! Big Grin

I seem to always mispell his name despite he's my fav. Razz Big Grin Not a reflection on him, but one on my really bad grammatical skills.

Dang!!! Why couldn't I have gotten a Davies like that Lando!!! That is sweet! Drool

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Okay, here's the card I pulled from my Target box. Sorry about the bad scan. The scanner at work sucks hugely. Roll Eyes

I need to get a new scanner big time.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Well, I found another full box of Target Cards and picked them up. It finally happened, no sketch card Shake Head. I did get a gold card and the rest of the usual insert cards. Oh well, it was bound to happen. Roll Eyes

Chris

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Redemption-

Is it me, or does that last Obi-wan sketch look like he's been drinking (note the red nose)... Razz

Chris

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cverdec:
Is it me, or does that last Obi-wan sketch look like he's been drinking (note the red nose)... Razz

Or he's auditioning for the Broadway version of Rudolph. Big Grin