Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Galaxy 4 (Topps 2009)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Galaxy 4 (Topps 2009)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cverdec:
Well, I found another full box of Target Cards and picked them up. It finally happened, no sketch card Shake Head. I did get a gold card and the rest of the usual insert cards. Oh well, it was bound to happen. Roll Eyes

That truly sucks...even more than the monkey sketch I got in my one box of Indiana Jones heritage. At least I got that cheap.

Did you notice the seller on ebay that had what seemed like 15 or so Target sketches? I find that so weird considering how so many of us can't even find a box or more than one.

I wonder if there was a way to order the Target boxes other than from Target.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Either that, or the person has cherry picking down to a science. Shake Head

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quickbeam
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:

Did you notice the seller on ebay that had what seemed like 15 or so Target sketches? I find that so weird considering how so many of us can't even find a box or more than one.

I wonder if there was a way to order the Target boxes other than from Target.

Not sure about that but there is clearly a pattern to the pack placement or some other way of discerning which pack will have a Sketch going on there. All the more reason to pass on any boxes missing packs, especially if they are only missing one.

Posts: 307 | Location: Jacksonville Florida USA | Registered: June 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
PADME Sean Pence RETURN

WoW! Some people obviously aren't being touched by the bad economy! Razz

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've seen sketch card 'hot packs' for sale indicating the packs contain red sketch cards so there clearly is a way to cherry pick these.

This is why I prefer blaster boxes. . .

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
2 hobby boxes

2 base sets
All 15 foils and 2 extra
All 6 etched foils and 3 extra
2 bronze parallels-#6, #7
1 Gold parallel- #7
Unusual to get a silver, bronze, and a gold of the #7 in the same box.
Lost galaxy cards- Yodas World, and #1, #2
Auto: David Miller

Front

Back

Two sketches:

I haven't figured out who did the one on the left. Can anyone help?

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Silverback:

I haven't figured out who did the one on the left. Can anyone help?

Smokin'

WoWza!!! Awesome Solo sketch... congrats Silverback!!! Elephant

The left one is by KATE GLASHEEN. The name is on the left side of the card sideways.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
I just pulled a Kate Bradley (RED) Target Red Sketch card of Nien Nunb!!! It is AMAZING!!!

I'll post a picture soon. I had no idea she did any sketches for this set!!
Bouncey Bouncey Bouncey

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Nice pull, Chris! Kate is awesome (so is her art!) Glad it went to someone who will enjoy it! Post the pic!!! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
I also pulled a Denise Vasquez Sketch of Zam Wesell the other day. She ONLY did 50 Target Sketches. That's right, no hobby sketches. It is also a beaut!! It was featured on Star Wars.com in an interview with her. Consequently, she only drew female characters with no character duplication!!

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Nice pull Chris! You will be happy to know that Kate and John Watkins Chow are both exclusive to Target packs.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Here they are:

Denise Vasquez - Zam Wesell
Target Sketch of 50

Kate "RED" Bradley - Nien Nunb
Target Sketch of ???

Chris

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon@webjon.com:
I've seen sketch card 'hot packs' for sale indicating the packs contain red sketch cards so there clearly is a way to cherry pick these.

Jon

I figured as much. Cherry pickers ruin all the fun. Haven't seen any blaster boxes for Galaxy 4 yet.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Here are my Kate Bradley's, with a Luke on the way...!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
quote:
Originally posted by jon@webjon.com:

Jon

I figured as much. Cherry pickers ruin all the fun. Haven't seen any blaster boxes for Galaxy 4 yet.

I don't think that there will be any box blasters. Topps usually has them out before or at the same time as retail single packs.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Great pulls Batman & cverdec! Thumb Up

If I find any unopen boxes I might try for some, but as long as they're open I'm staying far, far away. The open box at my Target has been left unsold with the same amount of packs for a week now. It could be the cherry pickers are driving away intereest in open product. Roll Eyes

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Batman-

Have you really pulled 5 Target Sketches? Is that out of 5 boxes? If so, GREAT LUCK!!
Thumb Up

I have 4 so far from 5 boxes. 4 came from partials boxes, and ironically the 1 sealed box I found didn't have a sketch. I am still holdiong the other full box I found for OTBD. It's killing me though!!! Razz

Chris

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Well, I just got back from the two Targets near me... nothing at one as usual and the same open box at another with the same amount of packs.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
Well, I just got back from the two Targets near me... nothing at one as usual and the same open box at another with the same amount of packs.

Just buy them already, I bought 9 packs that were left in 1 box and got a Shum sketch and a Galaxy Evolution and a Bronze foil!!

Posts: 29 | Location: Turlock CA USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Redemption, thanks for the info on the sketch. Thumb Up

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post