Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    1945: The End of World War II (Historic Autographs, 2021)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1945: The End of World War II (Historic Autographs, 2021)
 Login/Join

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted
Today my factory box arrived from sunny Arizona and I was very pleased. This is a 146 card set, covering the events of 1945, the last year of WW II. Most of it is the War, but also covered is politics, sports, entertainment and personalities, such as Elvis Presley, who made his first performance in 1945. Most photos are black and white, but some are color, and many I had not seen before.
The factory set has only the 146 cards, plus 4 foil parallel cards, 3 numbered to 199, 1 numbered to 45. My set was all numbered on back 34/249, and had the word "allies" on front, there are also cards with "axis" on them.
Hobby and blaster boxes are available, and hits can be found inside including autographs, coin cards, and uniform swatches. As a collector of WW II militaria, I have complete uniforms, many autographs and various coins, so to me, getting the complete set was more important. We'll see how well other collectors do with this one. This is my first Historic Autographs set and is a very nice set that will appeal to history buffs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Don Norton,

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Picked up a retail blaster.
6 packs, 10 cards each.

55-60/146 base with duplicates. Shake Head

1 parallel 15/45 Thumb Up

2 parallels ##/199 Big Grin

1/1 Art card by Crystal Haring 1:610 Clap
Featured a tank!!!

Overall B-/C+
Pros: historical, base, parallel, box and wrapper designs, and the variety of interesting hits.
Cons: base duplicates.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Well done on the sketch xtime! That is a great hit.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Don. Your reviewed helped.

Blaster #2 pulled a coin card.
Blaster #3 pulled an autograph.
Blaster #4 pending.

Thumb Up

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I took advantage of Ed's end of year sale and picked up 10 blasters of this.

I ended up 5 cards short of the 146 card base set.
Need 31, 77, 106, 116, 136 if anyone has spares. Smile

I got 6 parallels ##/45 and 27 parallels ##/199

I got these hits:

1 - dog tag card
4 - uniform cards
3 - "Service First" cut autograph cards
1 - Pilot autograph card
1 - coin card with a 1945 Mercury Dime

This is a very nice and interesting set with great historical information.
I wish I'd gotten some sooner...

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Hey, Greg.
Will check for those numbers.

By chance do you have 61,76,76,91,111?

Wave

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
Hey, Greg.
Will check for those numbers.

By chance do you have 61,76,76,91,111?

Wave

Sadly, the only one I have is a #111

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Only found 31,77,136. No 106. Shake Head

If you still need them at the May show just remind me and I will bring them. Surf