Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Witchcraft (Perna Studios, 2016)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Witchcraft (Perna Studios, 2016)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Last Wednesday, my 8 sets from the latest Perna Studios release Witchcraft were shipped from Canada. Today, Tuesday, just six days later they arrived safe and sound here in the UK. International shipping can be a pain but I have no complaints about it this time Smile

Anyway, it took me a while to open all of the packs simply because I always like to savour the contents when they have come from a Perna set. This time around, each little plastic case contained a 10 card base set, one of four spot foil chase cards and a sketch card. I was also lucky enough to hit a bonus card in three of the sets: a lenticular card, a metal chase card and a really nice metal sketch card. These are the sketch cards in the order I found them:

Jose Carlos Sanchez, Hanie Mohd
Lisa Redfern, Darla Eklund

Sha-nee Williams, Alexis Sarah Hill
Tony Perna, Arwenn Necker

Metal sketch card by Jeena Pepersack

Now all I have to do is engage 'Patient Waiting Mode' (TM) for their next release Big Grin

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You got nine sketches from eight packs Eek . Go and buy a ticket for the lottery, your luck is clearly in Big Grin .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
You got nine sketches from eight packs Eek . Go and buy a ticket for the lottery, your luck is clearly in Big Grin .
Yup, the metal sketch is one of the bonus inserts so generously included by Elaine and Tony. So two firsts in this set for me: my first Tony Perna sketch in a Perna set and my first ever metal sketch card Smile

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Awesome sketches, Kevin! And congrats on the bonus cards! Smile Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Yeah but, which witch is which?

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:

Oh, brother!! Twak Big Grin

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
That's an easy one: They're all mine Clap Thumb Up Elephant Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got my four packs really pleased with my pulls but in all honesty I have yet to see even an average sketch pulled, everything has been of the highest quality Thumb Up .

I had four base sets of ten cards, one set of the spot foils, metal card WCM2 and :

Gabrielle Bruer and Peejay Catacultan, both showcase sketches.

Hanie Mohd and Helga Wojik.

I am keeping them all of course and actively looking to trade some of my Perna sketches from other sets for more of this one. Has to be my favourite Perna set even though I don't like Halloween and turn into Mr Grouchy whenever I hear a knock at the door on October 31st Big Grin .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't like Halloween and turn into Mr Grouchy whenever I hear a knock at the door on October 31st Big Grin .

I must remember to pop round. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

I don't like Halloween and turn into Mr Grouchy whenever I hear a knock at the door on October 31st Big Grin .

I must remember to pop round. Big Grin

No cards for you at Memorabilia if you do Twak Big Grin .

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Finally getting around to posting my sketches! As always, the detail that these artists put into their work is incredible, and I was so happy to get one of the 13 hag sketches, as well! Dance In addition, I was very fortunate to have pulled a metal chase card by Juri Chinchilla AND a metal sketch card by Molly Brewer. My first metal sketch ever!! Elephant

So, without further delay, here are my sketches, in the order they were pulled:

Irma Ahmed (showcase sketch), Yuriko Shirou

Sha-nee Williams, Alcione Silva

Molly Brewer (metal sketch)

This selection of sketches really hit all the marks as far as witches go: I got the Cute Witch, complete with jack 'o lanterns and a black cat (yay!), the Hag on a broomstick (secretly, I was hoping I'd get this one!), the Spellcaster, the Enchantress and Druid Priestess (Druidess?)

Also, the base set and spot foils are gorgeous, as always. If you even remotely like Halloween and/or Witches, do yourself a favor and pick up a base set for your collection. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dcole,

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well done Debi, those all look great. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Stewart, I love them all!!

What I wouldn't give, though, to own the original art for Yuriko's base card. That one is just freaking awesome! Metal

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
My favorite so far is the nice lady in green.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is a Witchcraft AP I commissioned from Loren Bobbitt.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Witchcraft AP from Alexis Sarah Hill.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Witch one do you like best ( see what i did there ) Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Her is another AP I just received, this time from Arwenn Necker Smile .

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
AP from Anastasia Catris Smile . It does not show up on the photo but the book and the sparks from the wand are all picked out in shiny gold ink.