Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Galaxy 7 (Topps, 2012)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Galaxy 7 (Topps, 2012)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Here's a fresh case, just opened this evening:

Lak Lim (Slave Leia w/ Salacious Crumb)
Mark McHaley (Luke)
Kevin Liell (Vader)
Ashleigh Popplewell + JK Philips JAM card (Mara Jade)
Jamie Snell (Sketchagraph)
Joe Hogan (Clone Trooper)
Jason Davies (Stormtrooper)
Lee Bradley (Alien)

And here's the Popplewell card again, enlarged for better detail.

Happy to get so much color, and considering 2 of the 3 b&w sketches were by two of the best artists to work on the set (McHaley and Davies), I am "well pleased" as our British friends would say.

Looking forward to Galaxy 8 already (although I'm very likely to pick up a few more boxes of these before they're gone).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Artwork OK, but I agree with a previous post that it would have likely looked better on canvas than foil.

By some miracle my one box reduced gold parallels odds to 1:3.

Now them are odds! LOL Thumb Up

Anybody else experience the same?

Wave
For those who have retail cells please post a pic or two, thanks.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I have been able to put together one set so far.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Those cels are way better then the SWG 6 release.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
No question about it! Kevin Graham did an awsome job on the art for thease beauties.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Here is the remaining sketchs I pulled from my case along with the Pence-

Happy overall with these, not a big fan of the "Chibi" Lando, this "Chibi" stuff is...weird. Shake Head

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Found a retail gravity box at a local Target tonight (finally!). There were 35 packs in the box out of I'm guessing 36. I splurged and emptied it out.

8 of 9 clear cel cards (very nice art!)
13 of 15 silver foils
2 bronze foils
1 set of etched foils
1 complete base set
6 cards short of a 2nd base set
3 extra loose cards
NO DUPES on the chase cards!

Beautiful cards, bummed of no golds or sketch of course. And it's the only gravity box I'll empty like that. Anything else will be a couple packs here and there in hopes of getting lucky on a sketch. But even those are 1:4 boxes! yeesh!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Opened one box, got a nice Scott Rorie sketch of Padme. Smile

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Box 2

Very, very near set (missing 1,#75)
1 bronze #6
4 etch foils
1 pencil sketch (Boba Fett)
...and drum roll again please...
8 MORE GOLD PARALLELS Eek

I'm almost afraid to open my last box. Red Face

Add to list of Cons:
Unlike Galaxy 4,5,& 6, the front foil logo does not specify 7.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
Opened one box, got a nice Scott Rorie sketch of Padme. Smile

Nice one, Ted, but with all the good sketches you put INTO the packs, it seems only fair you get a nice one out of them. Thanks again for your efforts on this series.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
Box 2

Very, very near set (missing 1,#75)
1 bronze #6
4 etch foils
1 pencil sketch (Boba Fett)
...and drum roll again please...
8 MORE GOLD PARALLELS Eek

I'm almost afraid to open my last box. Red Face

Add to list of Cons:
Unlike Galaxy 4,5,& 6, the front foil logo does not specify 7.

That's amazing, congratulations. Are you pretty close to a set of the 15 golds, or did you get a lot of doubles?

I wonder if this was done on purpose. If not, there could be a run of boxes with no golds, those being the ones that were accidentally placed into your boxes. My case had the the normal four, glad to say. Whatever happened, good for you to get 2 cases worth of golds in one box, twice (and maybe even three times!).

Going back to my original breakdown, now that I have sorted the card, I did want to commend Topps for the collation on this series. The base cards from the 8 boxes in the case made 11 complete sets for me with only a very small stack of duplicate cards left over, less than 20, pretty amazing. The Foil and Etched puzzle cards were remarkably evenly distributed as well.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Hobby & Retail RARE Red (Target 1:116) sketches...

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Yes, pulling 16 golds in two boxes was quite a bit of good luck to say the least.
So far 9 out of 15. Debating whether to open my last box.
HOT boxes are possible, but this seems more like an error. Unless others have experienced something along the same line???

Wave

Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
I got 2 hobby boxes and the highlights:

Padme by Charles Hall Big Grin

Sketch by Hamscher

I also got all 6 ethced foil cards and all 15 foil cards complete!fantastic base set!

I really got lucky Dance

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Salama,

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Cases have arrived in Australia Clap It's a very nice set, the base and chase are all excellent with the McHaley foil cards probably the highlight. My case was exactly on the odds and I also pulled a printing plate (less than 1 per case).

Here's the sketches and plate:

Popplewell / Komalieh? / Standefer
Hendrickson / Wilkinson (Matt Wood) / Falk
Crowley / Graham / plate blue 49

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not really a box report but I did buy some packs from a gravity feed box at a local store here in Vancouver and pulled a Sketch. Retail sketches don't have the penny sleeve on them which is good news.

Rob

Posts: 49 | Location: Vancouver Wa USA | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's my results from my 3 box break

Posts: 30 | Location: Washington State | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
1 box

4 etch foil cards
1 bronze McHaley foil
1 gold McHaley foil
8 silver McHaley foil

Art by Dan Bergren.
Actor Dickey Beer

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raj,

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Art by Dan Bergren.
Actor ????

This is Dickey Beer, a stuntman who has worked on many well known movies like Indiana Jones, Terminator III, Dune and Starship Troopers.
In Return of the Jedi he is best known as the skiff guard Barada and a Biker Scout.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
quote:
Art by Dan Bergren.
Actor ????

This is Dickey Beer, a stuntman who has worked on many well known movies like Indiana Jones, Terminator III, Dune and Starship Troopers.In Return of the Jedi he is best known as the skiff guard Barada and a Biker Scout.

Thanks.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post