Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Best of 2000ad (Strictly Ink)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best of 2000ad (Strictly Ink)
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
posted
Busted 8 cases with sketches at the rate of 6 or 7 per case, nearly every case had a Martieck sketch with one case containing 2. Here are some highlight, more to follow very soon

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jason Wright,

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
A few more of the best pulls. I think the quality in this set is excellent.

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
I had been waiting for a couple of boxes from SI, but saw that Barrie was at the Card Mart in London last weekend and he had some (very) cheap 2000AD boxes for sale. I saw that there were two consecutively numbered boxes for sale, but one guy bought one of them. I figured there's a 50:50 chance of a sketch, so I bought the other.

I got my other two boxes today, so waited until now to open them all...

Box 2203
This was the cheap single box I got from Barrie at the Card Mart.

Foils: F2, F4, F5, F7
Sketch: Mega City One by Warren Martineck Bouncey

Box 0032
The first of the two boxes I got delivered from SI.

Foils: F2, F3, F4, F5
Sketch: (Bill) Savage by Charlie Adlard

At this stage, I figured that, since sketches were roughly every other box, that the Adlard sketch was it for the two boxes I got today and wondered if I should sell the second box. Unfortunately, by force-of-habit, I accidentally broke the seal of the last box, so I went ahead and opened it, thinking that I could at least try and get my missing foils...

Box 0031
Foils: F2, F6, F8, F9
Sketch: Judge Hershey by Warren Martineck Smile

I love the base set design for this, with the info and puzzle backs. I got a base set out of each box, so no worries about collation, even with lower-numbered boxes. Just need to pick up the F1 foil to finsh it off.

Three boxes, three sketches, two Martinecks. Not a bad day at all. Hehe!

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the two Martinecks.

Why is there two different sketch card designs?

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:
Congrats on the two Martinecks.

Why is there two different sketch card designs?

I think one set of sketches were done for an earlier unreleased set (the red-bordered ones I think).

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My single box arrived today complete with its Album and the Album for the Doctor Who Big Screen Additions Collection. The 2000 AD album contained a B1 card and two promo cards (The Man Who Fell to Earth and Movie Posters)and the Dr Who Album contained a Big Screen Additions Collection PR2 promo card.

As for the box breakdown (box number 0034)it contained 2 base sets, Gold cards F2, F3, F4 and F7 and the following Sketch card which the artist has dated '05 beside their signature.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

I was also going to load the image of the back but imageshack developed a problem with its server so I will try again later.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JOHN LEVITT,

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And finally here is the back of the card.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thush:
I had been waiting for a couple of boxes from SI, but saw that Barrie was at the Card Mart in London last weekend and he had some (very) cheap 2000AD boxes for sale. I saw that there were two consecutively numbered boxes for sale, but one guy bought one of them. I figured there's a 50:50 chance of a sketch, so I bought the other.

Does this mean the 2000AD Boxes have been Dumped already? May be worth buying if so.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
Does this mean the 2000AD Boxes have been Dumped already? May be worth buying if so.

No, not at all. I think it was Barrie doing an SI promotion for that day only. It's definitely worth buying as a product in itself though. Especially if you used to/still read the comic.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Technically, the title of the set may be "30 years of 2000AD" according to the display box, but you don't see this clarified on the wrappers or cards. The base cards feature loads of artists. Many of the nine-card subsets have puzzle backs (and one has a puzzle front). Boxes hold 30 packs of 5 cards; expect 2 complete base sets of 72 if collation is perfect.

BOX 0409

One extra pack (31)
Base sets (72): 2 complete sets + 6 extras
Foil Puzzle cards (9, 3-5 per box): F3-F4-F7-F9
Artist Sketch Cards (17, 2 per 3 boxes): Warren Martineck [212 sketched, Cards Inc. format]

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
A bit late in posting, but here's the Rufus sketch I got in the second of my boxes:

I love the set - I went up the loft and browsed my old 2000AD comics and annuals. The artwork is great - well worth a look if you have a passing interest in the subject or even comic art in general.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well from my case

3x sets of foils plus a few left over

and 6 sketches

which were on 3 different types of cards

As others have stated this is an excellent set for images of 2000AD

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened 2 boxes.

Chopper by Rufus Dayglo.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Halfway through opening a case and have noticed that although on the box it says 30 packs all the boxes opened that have a sketch have 31 packs.

Anyone else notice this with their boxes/cases?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Ged
posted Hide Post
hi guys i was just wondering if these cards are worth buying as im interested in getting a few boxes but after buying the hammer horror in in two minds,should i get a few boxes of these or save my money for some star trek 40th ann 2 boxes.any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Ged

Posts: 562 | Location: Liverpool UK | Registered: March 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Personally I think there are some great sketches in this set and the prices for these boxes has halved since their release. It would be worth picking up 3 consecutively numbered boxes which should get you 2 sketch cards.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Ged
posted Hide Post
Thumb Up cheers for the email jas i have sent you a reply

Posts: 562 | Location: Liverpool UK | Registered: March 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Ged
posted Hide Post
recieved the boxes today thanks jas. in the 2 boxes i got 9 foil cards and the exact same sketch as jas gave to me lol the savage sketch by Charlie Adlard.hopefully when i get more boxes i will get a different sketch lol

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I'll swap you for a spare Henry Flint Thumb Up

Picture of QBall
posted Hide Post
Took advantage of the special offer on the SI website & picked up a couple of boxes.

4 x Foils - F2, F3, F6, F7
CI format sketch card - think it's Wulf Sternhammer by Rufus

4 x Foils - F5, F6, F7, F8
CI format sketch card - Mechanismo by Colin MacNeil

Can't get to the scanner at the minute for the sketches but I'll try and get something sorted when I get back from Memorabilia tomorrow.

Posts: 365 | Location: Up North, England | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post